Morning Star Cafe

Contact 616-844-1131

711 Washington Ave (at Hwy 31), Grand Haven, Michigan, USA, 49417-1458

Serves meat, vegan options available. This cafe is open for breakfast and lunch. Has vegan and vegetarian options. Try the vegetarian black bean chili. Fresh ingredients from local farmers. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-2:30pm.

Category: American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by day-mun

Cool little place, but... - Edit

Cool little place, but if you're vegan, the menu shrinks down to about 2 or 3 options, all of which I feel I can make even better for myself at home; stuff like oatmeal, toast and fruit bowls where all I found other than this stir-fried veggie plate they call "the tree-hugger". Ovo-lacto veggies won't have too much trouble though, and might find something they like. The over-all feel of the place is really cool and artsy-fartsy (I like that, BTW), and the staff is super-friendly. The place is small, so there can be a bit of a wait at times. (Late Sunday mornings will really test your commitment!) So, over-all not bad, -just wish they'd not put dairy in everything and throw a little tofu in that scramble... but that's just me.

Pros: Fun atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: limited vegan options, veg options not easily id'd on menu

Return to Grand Haven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Morning Star Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.