Momos

• Friend

Fehrbelliner Strasse 5 (at Schonhauser Allee), Berlin, Germany, 10119

Cozy organic vegan-vegetarian eatery specializing in dumplings inspired by the Nepalese momo, a typical Himalayan street food. Dumplings may be ordered steamed, pan-fried, or served in broth as momo soup. Everything is made in-house with organic ingredients. Also serving fresh juices. Eco-friendly recyclable packaging is used for takeaway orders. Since 2013. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion, Nepalese

First Review by herrF

Excellent dumplings! - Edit

Really enjoyed my lunch here. All the vegan dumplings are clearly marked. The shitake, potato and cabbage varietals were all delicious. I tried them all. You can get them on their own with sauces or in a soup. Both are superb. Very small place, it's meant mainly for takeaway but there is some seating.

Great Snacks - Edit

We have been here now four times and every time it has been great. If you want something quick and light but really tasty go here.

Pros: good portion sizes, great taste, friendly staff

Cons: not much space to sit

Simple and delicious - Edit

We stopped off at momos after reading good reviews about the dumplings and after a quick browse through the menu ordered a small portion of steamed dumplings to share (€4.90). We decided to get the broccoli-shiitaki-tofu and potato-cabbage-carrot fillings with mitho dip, which were nicely spiced and delicious and well worth the trip.

Pros: delicious dumplings, cheap, friendly staff

Very original and pleasant restaurant - Edit

This restaurant, only open for the lunch, is a very original formule : the only main dish you can have is momos, as it or in a soup. A momo looks like a purse and the restaurant offers differents filling. 2 are vegetarian, 4 are vegan. We took the small momo experience and so tried all the fillings. I am vegan and taste only thos one but my husband tried everything. All of them were flavourfull, surprising and great.
You can have dessert too but we were full !
There are only fews seats so you maybe have to wait to have a table. But it's worth it !
We had a small gorgeous momos experience ! Thanks !

Pros: Very low price, tastefull, Original

Cons: Small amount of seats, You maybe smell a bit the frying after this lunch

Good - Edit

My boyfriend and I ate at momos last summer, and really enjoyed it. We decided to visit it again this autumn while travelling in Berlin but were a bit disappointed this time. The restaurant's air wasn't fresh because of all the frying, and it was too cold to sit outside so it wasn't the most pleasant experience. The food was good for the price, with mostly vegan menu, but not really memorable.

Pros: Affordable, Mostly vegan , Menu in English

Cons: No toilet, Lack of proper ventilation

Delicious dumplings! - Edit

I had two different types of vegan dumplings and both were very tasty and the presentation was lovely. I liked the steamed dumplings better than the fried ones (both were good though). Would recommend!

Pros: Very good dumplings!, Nice staff, Affordable

Cons: The sauce could have been more flavourful

One of the cutest places in Berlin - Edit

Me and my boyfriend went to Momos twice while staying in Berlin for a week. More than half of the stated options are vegan, the rest is vegetarian. We tried all the vegan options and loved the mushroom dumplings the most. Actually, I really have nothing bad so say about this place.
I miss their food already!

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Friendly staff

SO DELICIOUS! - Edit

We ordered a large set (18 pieces) of pan-fried momos plus all of the sides: green beans, salad and edamame. We opted for 3 different fillings for the momos: broccoli-shiitake-tofu, pumpkin-chickpea and mushroom-potato. Momos is not entirely vegan, but 4 of the 6 different fillings were vegan ones, so lots of options! So good!

More info on http://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-berlin-germany/

Pros: yummy food, friendly staff

Cons: few seatings

good but not great - Edit

I've had far better momos than here. Overall they where ok thought. Definitely no must try though.

Great first food experience in Berlin - Edit

We really enjoyed the food and the outdoor seating was very cozy. They had a good vegetarian and vegan selection and even nonvegetarians were very happy and pleased. Definitely coming back!

Pros: Delicious food, good location, cozy

Cons: No toilets

Delicious! - Edit

The Dumplings were great. I had the one with broccoli and one with mushrooms. I liked the broccoli one the best. You can choose how you like your dumplings and which dip you want. It's not expensive at all! I had dinner with a lemonade for 10 euro's and I was full after!

Pros: All Vegetarian, partly vegan, Not that expensive , To go also!

Cons: Not that much space to sit down

great food and service - Edit

The dumplings here are fantastic - 6 different choices, 4 of which are vegan. You can have them steamed or fried and with a selection of sauces.

My personal favourite was the tofu and broccoli dumplings - steamed were more to my preference, nice and soft! With the miso soy dipping sauce.

Also had the fresh ginger tea which was nice and fiery. The Italian guy serving was really nice and helpful too. Highly recommended.

Pros: Taste, service, aesthetic

Good - Edit

Great dinner food! Service was fast and friendly, though a bit stoic but what can I say, I am the same.
For the shortest walk, get out at Rosa-Luxemburg Platz and not at Rosenthaler Platz.
Especially the soy-sesame dip is to die for, tastes amazing and in combination with the shiitake-tofu-broccoli dumplings it is the most amazing thing you will ever eat. Probably anyway. The beer tastes soft and goes down easily.

The system which they use to accept card payments doesn't always work, so be sure to carry some cash.

Pros: different taste, which makes it way better, good and fast service, free wifi

Cons: not always able to pay by card

Original and tasty! - Edit

A small and hearty place in Berlin with an atmosphere of it's own.
They serve very tasty and originally made and presented food for a relatively cheap price and big portions. The dumplings are not all vegan, 4 out of 6 were, the rest were vegetarian. The side dishes and deserts are vegan and like the rest, original and appetite inducing. Staff is friendly and seems to enjoy what they do. Only con of the place is a lake of toilet.

Pros: Portion, Taste, Originality

Cons: No toilet

Just perfect! - Edit

My friend and I had big expectations of this place because we had read a lot of good things about Momos. It turned out even better than we expected! We had the vegan dumplings and they were sooo good. You should definitely go visit this place.

Pros: Perfect

Cons: Too far from home

My favourite place in Berlin - Edit

Momos is probably my favourite place in Berlin. Always fresh and delicious. My favourite momo is shitake/tofu/broccoli :) The service ir nice too. I always love to comeback.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 04, 2016

So yummy! - Edit

We went here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon around 230pm, and had no problem finding a seat. It's not very big, but there is outdoor seating. We ordered the large platter for two(36 dumplings), which had all six dumpling varieties and all three sauces. They were all so good! We left contently full but not feeling overstuffed or tired, which is often the side-effect of tradition dumplings that are heavy with msg. The prices are also amazing for all organic food. 100% recommend!!

Pros: Delicious, Affordable

Fab dumplings! Highly recommended - Edit

The staff here were very friendly and helpful with me as a non-German speaker! I had the dumpling soup with a mixture of their vegan dumplings, which were all delish (the pumpkin/chickpea was my fav). Both their dessert options are vegan and I tried the vegan brownie, which was lovely! Prices are very reasonable for the quality, e.g. for me, it was less than 10 euro for a very satisfying dinner :)

Pros: Great quality, Good value for money, Friendly staff

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Momos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 19764 times.