Moment

Contact 722-902001

Slezske 62, Prague, Czech Republic, 12000

Vegan cafe est. 2013. Offers coffee drinks, cakes and desserts, house-made lemonade, plus savory dishes and brunch. Uses local and regional ingredients. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, European, Czech

First Review by kalich

Love this place! - Edit

Cute and cozy little place with great food such as seitan bagel and robi shawarma, great deserts and my favourite fritz cola! Very nice and friendly staff, i am happy to come back every time!

A really nice place - Edit

Cozy & nice little place. Had a great seitan and vege cheese bagel, my friend had the omelette..also great. Excellent food, nice ambient and very friendly stuff. Highly recommended.

Pros: close to metro and great food

Cons: none

Delicious - Edit

The food was all fresh and nicely presented. We had the black bean and pumpkin burger, vegan omelette, vegan egg salad and a gluten free chocolate muffin for desert. All was absolutely perfect ! We took one of their huge tempeh sandwiches for a takeaway and going to eat it soon. I'm sure it will be as nice as everything else. very reasonably priced.

Lovely vegan restaurant/cafe in Prague! - Edit

I fell in love with this place. Good service in english, varied and clear menu. I ate here smoky burger with side dish and it was so tasty! Food tasted really like self-made. Cakes look so delicious and cake which one I ate (strawberry-chocolate) was excellent! This place is 100% vegan.

Pros: excellent food, good staff

Cons: location

Amazing breakfast and desserts! - Edit

We were only in Prague for a couple of days, yet we ended up coming to Moment so many times. It is such a cosy environment, very nice staff and very homey feeling. They have really good sandwiches, english breakfast and all kinds of desserts. Once we tried the hot chocolate and a chocolate pudding with chocolate cake in it and it was an amazing combo!

Pros: environment, super yummy food , friendly staff

Tasty food, good service - Edit

We ordered the bagel,the portabello burger and quesadilla along with beer and this heavenly hot beverage with all sorts of spices which I am not sure how is called. Everything tasted amazing, especially the bagel which was more similar to a burger than to a bagel. The quesadilla was too spicy for me but my boyfriend liked it very much. The portions were really generous and there was a really good balance between all the flavors in each dish. For dessert we took this layered cake with cream and pineapple and a coconut lime cake, both were nice but not great.
The atmosphere inside wasn't that good because of the fact that the walls were painted in black. There was outdoor seating but it was raining so we had to sit inside. The only way to dry your hands after using the toilet was this towel which was a bit wet because it was used by people before us :/
The waiter was super nice and had absolutely no problem communicating in English.
I would definetly stop by Moment while in Prague and maybe try one of their breakfast dishes (they have scrambled "egg" yum!)

Pros: Tasty food, Large portions, Vegan breakfast

Cons: Location

Incredible food, perfect for anytime of the day! - Edit

I went to Moment with some friends including non-veg friends. Everything was super delicious for everyone. We had burgers, the smoky one with a tofu patty, the seitan bagel, and the mushroom one. The mushroom was super tender, perfectly seasoned and cooked. So was the seitan. We also tried the vegan omelette that was out of this world! the beverages were great too, give a try to the latte with almond milk and ice if it's a hot day! As a dessert, we took three slices of cakes: Not the best part to me, even if it's awesome that they were all gluten-free AND vegan :) we had strawberry, peanut butter&chocolate and the best: Lemon & basil! We were so full in the end but still, paid around 12€/persons with 2 drinks which is super affordable. Plus the place is cosy and nice, they have tables outside and it's not so close from the center so it's super quiet and perfect to have a late breakfast or brunch on sunny Sundays :)

Pros: delicious food, loads of great options + gluten-fr, really nice staff, very helpful and polite, very affordable for this quality and taste

pure awesomeness! - Edit

I went to Moment the first time this year as it was close to where I'm staying during my trip.
The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, a park with dogs was nearby. I'd say things won't come any better.
You definitely should try the sandwich and the homemade lemonade when you go there!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, quite room in the back, but you can also sit outsi

Cons: none

Breakfast - Edit

We had breakfast here before leaving Prague yesterday and it was fantastic! The portions are generous and the pancakes were to die for. That whipped cream alone nearly made me see stars! Can't wait 'til next visit.

Nice food! - Edit

We had a very nice dinner at Moment. We had the quesadilla and we enjoyed it very much. They also served a corn-soup. Also very good. We are in Praha for a few days but I think we will eat here again!

Pros: nice place, nice people and very good food.

Cons: -

Amazing cakes - Edit

I still find it hard to believe that all these beautiful and delicious cakes were vegan. Of cource, they were, but they're so good... If it's possible, why don't everybody do such vegan bakery then? Anyway, we tried coconut cake and chocolate mousse + whipped cream cake, and they're both were just perfect.

However, it took some time for us to get them, probably because there were too many customers. Also one of teacups (be cautious! they have size of a soup bowl) had chipped edge and all the dishes was from different sets. Customers could work on that.

Anyway, I would visit it as many times as possible and would eaten as much food as possible, and would also recommend it to my friends if they were to Prague.

Pros: Brilliant cakes, Big variety of cakes, WiFi

Cons: Waited a bit too long, Tableware

good place for breakfast - Edit

We went there for breakfast and that was a good choice! We ate wraps (delicious), sandwich made from homemade-bread with tempeh-also very good but slices of bread were a little bit too wide and slice of bread with tofu-"scrambled-eggs" paste- very good! Coffee also nice. Prices were really reasonable! There were also bottles with water for free which was very nice:)

Pros: good food, prices, nice staff

Lovely café - Edit

Moment is a great café with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. It's situated in a beautiful neighbourhood with a park just across the street. The interior is cosy with a nice room at the back that has a big window to the garden. The place is ideal for working with good lighting.

We had a generous portion of waffles with whipped cream and fruit which was delicious. Also tried scrambled tofu on toast with salad which was equally scrumptious. Will definitely go back to try their cakes!

Pros: Good food, Friendly and attentive service, Cosy atmosphere

Nice place nice food - Edit

Very nice place with lovely staff. We ordered the quesadilla and the falafel wrap. Both were very good and filling.

While waiting for your food for take out you can take a glass of water for free, which is a nice thing we think.

Pros: Good servings, Good taste, Nice staff

you will live this place! :) - Edit

Amazing food!! That's it :) Burgers,bagels,salads,snacks,tortillas,vegan pancakes and waffles...all is super yummy

Pros: place,atmosphere, very tasty food, free watter

Tourist view: Great vegan cafe vibe, no trdlo - Edit

Activist literature, a cool vegan strong t-shirt — lattes and chai cheesecake and menu with burgers and wraps. This is a great cafe in new town, a little tough to spot — not a lot of signage and nothing at the entrance indicating that its vegan. Also, take note, it does not have ice cream so if you were hoping to find some vegan trdlo, you are out of luck.

Pros: cakes & lattes, burgers & wraps, cool vegan vibe

Cons: no ice cream, lack of signage, tough to spot

Cool dog! - Edit

This place is wonderful! There is a large variety of food, all vegan. The staff speak English and are very friendly. Prices are decent and their range of cakes is great, sadly we could only try 2 and we were full.
Worth the quick metro ride to get there.

Pros: Friendly , Interesting menu, Playful resident dog

nothing wrong - Edit

very nice service, great breakfast and easy to reach. I can definitely recommend this place to everyone who is searching for great food. Total satisfaction for hungry vegans ;)

Pros: yummy, very good English, friendly, good service!

Cons: (maybe some interior repairing/cleaning necessary

fave place in Prague - Edit

A great place for breakfast, lunch or supper! Lots of desserts. Items I particularly liked; vegan egg spread, waffles, seitan bagel, soups. Also they have great daily special meals. Great espresso. Friendly staff, bright, casual interior. Across from a nice park.

loved it! - Edit

If I lived in Prague you can bet I'd be here all the time. Great comfort food, really loved the bagels, scrambled tofu... everything I had there. Nice seating area out front. Vegans make a bee-line to this place for a satisfying breakfast or lunch.

Pros: creative, fun, delicious

Cons: a bit pricey, wish they were open later!

cozy, tasty - Edit

I loved this place. I had some tasty waffles, a chai latte, and a delicious chocolate hazelnut cake. I also got some handmade white chocolate in a little bar to go. I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about; it was pretty obvious to order at the bar. The staff was helpful and answered a few questions we had about other vegan stuff in Prague. There is beautiful art on the walls. I had a bite of my brother's tofu scramble on a bagel, which was super filling and tasty.

Pros: pretty art

The best vegan cake - Edit

Moment was my favourite place on my recent trip to Prague, mostly because of the incredible cake counter. All of the baked goods look incredibly tempting. The cafe also has a nice atmosphere - very cosy and unhurried, a lovely place to sit and read or chat.

The breakfast menu was also pretty special, we had the pancakes and omelette, and they were both amazing. Can't wait to visit again!

Pros: Excellent breakfast, Amazing cake, Lovely atmosphere

Disappointing - Edit

Even though the bagels we had were quite delicious, I have to admit I didn't like this place very much. Nobody told us we should order at the bar (I still don't know if you have to) - a sign might be helpful - and one of the female staff literally threw the menu at us in a not acceptable grumpy way. I don't know if it was because she couldn't speak much English, or if she just didn't like us since we were not as "hipster" as the rest of the people at this place. The other staff members appeared to be very friendly though and apologized for the fact that we first got our drinks after having asked for them the second time. Still, maybe you have to get them at the bar, but a little hint would have been helpful. Allowing pets to a restaurant might be considered a "modern" way, but since many people are allergic to animal hair and for hygenic reasons, I didn't like the fact the place was almost crawling with dogs.

Pros: Delicious Food, Cozy Place

Cons: Grumpy Staff, Pets indoors

Lovely place - Edit

Unfortunatly, we weren't hungry so we didn't taste the cakes.
But "Moment" is a perfect place to drink a coffee in a nice atmosphere. It is made with a lot of love.
They also serve lemonades from "fritz" and "club mate", which is stunning!

Amazing cakes!!! - Edit

A great place to eat amazing vegan cakes and vegan food. Very recommended!!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 26, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 26, 2014

Pros: Great food, Delicious cakes, friendly staff / atmosphere / free wifi

Lovely bistro with friendly atmosphere - Edit

Friendly service, great coffee, good food, lively café atmosphere, free wifi.We really liked it!

Pros: non-smoking, friendly staff, lot of delicious sweets

Cons: A little small serving cakes

FANTASTIC place for the solo traveler! - Edit

I am visiting Prague and learning there are some great Vegan places. I totally recommend this place! Simple menu with daily specials. I have been there x2 on this trip for lunch. I am so impressed with the food its amazing. Atmosphere is great for location independent entrepreneurs with good wifi connection, table space, and awesome coffee! Deserts are to die for. I had the cheese cake and the choc cake with whipped cream cup. Goulash and potatoes very hardy! Spinach enchilada was excellent. Staff are very friendly and speak English. Cash Only. Nice walk from the center if you enjoy walking, easy to get to. Cheers!

Pros: Service, Food Quality, Atmosphere

Cons: Cash only

Chic coffe shop - Edit

Went here the other day, hoping to get some food, but was a little disappointed that the kitchen was closed already.
Definitely more geared up for the lunch trade, but still a great place to get your sandwiches and wraps ect. And how could I not mention the cakes, if you have some time to spare, you should definitely go check this place out, as it does some amazing stuff, and its such a cute little place. And the coffee relay is excellent, and they also do a line in vegan friendly beer, if you fancy chilling with some friends.

Pros: cosy , great cake

Cons: kitchen closes early

Nice atmosphere - Edit

I only got to go here once, and I really wish I could have made it out here more. This place has a nice, relaxed atmosphere, and the tables had cute bird carvings in them. I had the "killer chai" and a hummus plate, both of which were very good. If I'm ever in Prague again, I'll be back!

Pros: all vegan, atmosphere

A gem: great food, great coffee, great vibes - Edit

Moment is a good find. Friendly service, great coffee, good food, lively café atmosphere, free wifi.

I had the oatmeal, banana bread, and a cappuccino, all of which were great. In fact the cappuccino was perfect for my taste (much better than Starbucks, and cheaper too).

The café is small but has ample seating.

English is on the menu and spoken.

Highly recommended!

Pros: Great Coffee & Desserts, Good Vibes, Good Value

Superb Vegan Breakfast - Edit

Found this coffee shop/restaurant on HappyCow and today we are back for 3rd day in row. Great soy lattes and cappuccinos. And breakfasts, especially the Bagel - Morning Proteins is mighty tasty. So was oatmeal and breakfast rice dish. Everything tastes great and best of all is everything to eat and drink is plant based and 100% vegan. Well be back again tomorrow! They serve lunch too though we haven't tried it yet and are open until 7pm weekdays.

Pros: Tasty breakfasts, Great expresso drinks, All Vegan

Hip Local Vegan Joint - Edit

A very local cool sandwichy/bagel joint. Desserts too. The menu is small but really good, I was there for lunch and had it been more centrally located would have gone back for breakfast. You are welcome to linger (the book selection in the bathroom is huge) and enjoy your day. It felt great to support a local small vegan business like this one. Cash only.

chic cafe with good interesting menu. - Edit

Moment has a good rep amongst the local vegans even the ones who can't afford to eat out much. I liked the clean open atmosphere and the menu that was also in English. The options were lively and interesting. I was dismayed however to get a bagel option that proved very spicy despite no warning of being so on the menu. Still it wasn't expensive (for a Londoner) and the (non spicy) food was great. A good sized mug of tea too!

Pros: Interesting menu , Great food, Nice venue layout.

Cons: Secret hot spicy ingredients!, Felt a bit hipster

very cool place - Edit

Moment reminds me hipster cafés in Berlin which I enjoyed very much. It has very friendly atmosphere and the food is delicious. Moment is perfect for breakfast and lunches. You can have a soup, main dish or some smaller meals like bagels, cheescakes and other sweet stuff. They also offer deilicious vegan cappucino (and other types of coffee), homemade lemonades, ciders, bears etc.

Pros: non-smoking, friendly staff, lot of delicious sweets

Cons: only one main dish

Lovely bistro with friendly atmosphere - Edit

Little vegan bistro with everything you need! Friendly staff and atmosphere, feels like home. I like to spend whole day working from there, calling it my coffee office :) Breakfast in the morning, lunch menu consisting of soup and main dish of the day. Everyday different, everyday awesome. Variety of cakes to choose from as well. And I can't even describe how I love their chai latte!

Pros: Always tasty cakes and food, Chai latte!!!, Gluten-free wednesdays!!!

Cons: Getting bigger from all the tasty cakes, Later lunch? Might be all gone :(

Quaint! - Edit

I LOVE this place. It has a delicate atmosphere, and the wait staff is more than friendly. Any type of coffee you want with SOY milk, and always vegan food.
Sunday Brunch is VEGAN!! $10/all you can eat, and I end up rolling away from here.
My favorite coffee and light snack, breakfast food spot in Prague.

Pros: Good Value, Bilingual Wait Staff, Porch Swing

cool place - Edit

stylish small cafe, I tried "tuna" and "cheescake" bagel and poppy cake with levander filling... everything delicious

they also make fresh lemonades - also perfect.

Pros: cool interior, nice service, delicious bagels

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moment closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.