Merrymomo

Serves meat, vegan options available. Macrobiotic cafe at 〒532-0011 大阪府大阪市淀川区西中島6-8-8. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Offers an inexpensive vegan lunch set from 11am-2pm. Has other veg items, and staff is aware of vegan requirements. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-10:00pm. Closed on Sundays and holidays, including New Year holidays and O-bon.

Categories: Japanese, Macrobiotic, Non-veg

First Review by Ruwani

Charming mainly vegan spot - Edit

Went for Christmas dinner with my girlfriend; from what I understood from the server, the entire menu is essentially vegan but certain items can be changed to non-veg. Not sure if that's a step forward or back..? The staff also weren't borderline aggressive like they inexplicably tend to be at places here, which was nice.

As can be seen in my photos, they have separate breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Breakfast seems sandwich-centred, lunch teishoku and dinner half Chinese half western/Japanese.

In any case, the food was good and the portion/price ratio wasn't bad as it can be, at least not for what we ordered. Dinner for two with a beer was ¥4000. I hadn't seen vegan rice omelette before, so that was a treat!

Pros: Variety, Atmosphere, Flavour

Cons: Some dishes pricey, Will add meat to dishes (?)

Great vegan friendly cafe in Shin Osaka - Edit

Great customer service, the owner greeted us & explained the menu in English. She understands vegan requirements and went above & beyond to ensure we were satisfied with our meals. Tasty Japanese style food with a modern twist, lovely cafe!

Pros: nice ambience, English menu, understands difference between vegan & vegetarian

Cons: serves meat

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Merrymomo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.