Mellow Mushroom

Contact 319-625-2031

1451 Coral Ridge Ave Ste 700 (at Coral Ridge Mall), Coralville, Iowa, USA, 52241

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain with choices for vegans and vegetarians, including tofu, tempeh, vegan cheese, and veggie toppings for pizza plus large salads. The spring water pizza is a vegan crust. Kitchen avoids cross contamination by keeping separate utensils for preparing veg/vegan. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Coralville Eater

Vegan pizza - Edit

Lots of options for vegans--just swap out cheese for their Daiya cheese and have them leave off the butter/cheese sprinkle on the crust. The house calzone is awesome (even without any cheese at all). Good beer menu, too. I don't think there is much in the way of vegan appetizers.

Despite it being really good, I haven't once gone here when they didn't mess up my order--used real cheese, forgot to leave off the butter, or both. But they're always quick to fix it and usually give you some sort of coupon for the trouble.

Pros: Great pizza, Cool place

Cons: Always mess up my order, In the mall, so can get crowded

MELLOW BY FAR - BEST IN TOWN - Edit

How many times do you find a limited number of options, or just 1 option?? Frustrating. I found Mellow Mushroom and I cannot believe or comprehend how they do their awesome menu. The server told me their crust is VEGAN! No wonder https://vegansofiowa.com have highly recommended them.

The environment is very cool and funky, the music is so awesome and I stopped counting my options once I hit 15. YES....more than 15 completely different options. I had their House Calzone(Spinach, Mushroom and Tomatoes) with Vegan Cheese and it was delicious!! I had several questions and the server brought the owner to my table for an introduction. The kitchen is an open kitchen, so they are so good, they don't have to hide behind anything. :) The owner didn't hesitate to show me how they keep things separate to prevent contamination of any kind. I was SUPER impressed.

The best part....the FOOD IS DELICIOUS and I have found a new FAV!!!!! It is a MUST STOP destination!!!

Pros: Excellent Food, Big Portions, Fresh

Return to Coralville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mellow Mushroom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.