Marukoshi

+381-644794715

Kapetan Misina 37, Belgrade, Serbia

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian food restaurant where vegans could get a miso soup, noodles, curry and croquettes, edamame, salads, and even dessert. Has vegetable tempura though likely shares fryer with non-veg stuff.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by tsproc

Amazing food, lovely staff, wonderful restaurant - Edit

My absolute favorite restaurant in Belgrade! Marukoshi is an amazing place in the best part of Belgrade, lovely location, the atmosphere in the restaurant is always very relaxed and welcoming, the staff is very helpful and the food is sooo good! they have cooking classes where they teach you to make their authentic meals(everything with vegan options!) every monday. the teacher, Nahoko, always does her best to substitute any ingredients you might not want to make your food with. This is a lovely place that I would recommend to anyone, not only asian food lovers and vegans, there is something for every person. Wish they had even more vegan options! would give it 5 stars if it was possible

Pros: amazing location, authentic, amazing food, big portions

Cons: none

Big portion, great desserts and helpful staffs - Edit

I dine here few times. It's not as bad as the other previous reviewer said. Maybe he/she is not used to Japanese curry. However the tempura was a bit too oily for me, the croquettes was good though. Plus, I love the fact that they veganize the desserts and they have stuffs with Green Tea!

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-30

Pros: Vegan desserts, Big portion, English menu

not recommended - Edit

Weird food, my salad was nice but the rice and carry terible. The staff vas helpful and nice.

Pros: none

Cons: weak

great & delicious Japanese food - Edit

Had a great dinner - starter, main & desert; vegetarian & vegan dishes available. A "must" if you like japanese food! Friendly staff and great atmosphere, smoking &a nonsmoking sektion

Pretty Fly for a Non-vegan Venue - Edit

I've read about Marukoshi in an article that summarizes best places to go to as a vegan in Belgrade. I can't find the link now, but if you're interested in reading it, let me know and I'll try harder.

We wandered through Belgrade completely aimlessly and anyway we've stumbled upon this place. It had a really nice sitting outside made out of oil barrels and little štokrlata (I don't know how to say it in english). The overall atmosphere was pretty chill, it's a calm street plus they had happy hours at the moment, so we have decided to sit down.

Their staff was quirky, but helpful. They have vegan and vegetarian options clearly marked on the menu. I chose potato croquettes and japanese curry with rice, plus in the happy hours sencha for the symbolic price of 10DIN per a large caraffe.

It's not that unusual (padadadam imagine Tom Jones singing) for me to go to nonvegan restaurants, whether they serve coagulated mother's milk, bellies of pigs or bird ova.
It, however, is unusual to review them and recommend them to my friends.
I tried to ignore this aspect while reading the menu, I really did. However I look at it though, putting dismembered bellies of animals on heaps of rice and other healthy plant-based meals is like an epitome of needless killing of sentient beings.
And I'm already vegan so I'm unable to overlook such a breach of animal rights. Yes, I realize that there is demand. Yes, I realize that it is us, customers, who are mainly responsible for this. That is why I no more make distinctions between "us" and "them".
So go vegan, open your eyes and heart, no matter where you are.
Getting back to the point, this is the only negative that keeps me from enthusiastically clapping for a great concept and perspective that this venue would otherwise have.

I've also asked about their vegan options of desserts (the menu actually encouraged me to do so! ahaha) and the waiter said that they are all available in vegan options. This is one of the reasons why I want to return to Belgrade, and return to Marukoshi as well.

I wanted to click on "Fair" but then realized being fair means being vegan.
So I chose the "needs improvement" two-star rating.

Pros: friendly/funny staff, meal was incredibly tasty and filling, sencha with meal practically for freeee

Cons: serves pig bellies and bird ova (BIG con)

Return to Belgrade Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Marukoshi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.