Mariposa Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 707-459-9630

500 S Main St, Hwy 101, Willits, California, USA, 95490

Certified organic with a large selection of veg and vegan meat alternatives plus local produce, dairy free and gluten free bread, frozen food, dried pasta, a huge bulk staple section (including agave, braggs, shoyu, nuts, grains, cereals), culinary and medicinal herbs (40+ varieties), spices, a small selection of veggie ethnic foods, pet and beauty section. Grab-and-go food.

First Review by mendomamma

Mariposa is Awesome! - Edit

Mariposa is an exceptional Natural Foods store with a deli as well.

Check them out on Facebook.

From their FB page:
"This locally owned natural foods store is located 2 1/2 hours north of San Francisco on Highway 101. Our specialty is organic produce, much of it locally grown. We feature local meats, artisan cheeses, fresh seafood and a complete selection of natural grocery items. Our deli is open daily until 5pm and creates many delicious sandwiches, soups, sushi and salads as well as juices, smoothies, coffee drinks and baked goods."

Contributions +195

Independent store with nice selection. - Edit

It's nice to see an independent and useful store. Unfortunately, many independent stores aren't able to carry such a wide selection as your average 'Whole Crap' or 'Trader Craps'. Mariposa Market manages to provide just enough of everything needed for the veg/an, while still keeping that community and local dynamic.
Plenty of veg/an alternatives for meats, butters, sauces and dips, breads, and even a vegan cheese. Nice basic bulk section for dry foods. Fair amount of gluten free items in the packaged and frozen foods section. Produce is well stocked with organic local varieties,plus the usual bananas and out of area fruits.
This is my main shopping spot, and when I come in from the coast I always bulk up on the stuff not available in the smaller health foodstores in my area. Also has a nice selection of basic kitchen and household goods. On my last trip I even found an awesome carry along stainless steel coffee mug which connects to my belt, bag, or anything with a caribener. Filled it up with some organic fresh brewed with sucanat and soymilk before I left!
Definately the best thing Mendo County currently has to offer.

Pros: Nice family store., Good veg/an options., Helpful staff.

Return to Willits Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mariposa Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1450 times since Dec 2010.