Maran Vegan Bistro

Contact +43-15954900

Stumpergasse 57, Vienna, Austria, 1060

Takeaway counter inside a fully vegan supermarket. The dishes are mostly organic. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-7:30pm, Sat 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Vegan since 1990

Great bakery section - Edit

When I was looking around the excellent shop, I was pleased to see there was a cafe and bakery attached too. We shared a chocolate raspberry croissant and nougat biscuit heart, both of which were lovely. We also got two bio-croissants to take away and they kept well for breakfast the next morning. The croissants are more doughy than pastry-like, but they were really tasty and hearty. Recommended!

Pros: Croissants!

Knödeln - Edit

Nice vegan shop with a lot of choice and products I have not seen before. There are a few tables to eat. We had typical Austrian food Kräuterknödeln. It looks terrific but the taste is fine. The have very good cakes too!

Pros: lot of choice, tasty cakes!

SABAREGINA 31 Jul 2016 - 'Terrific' heißt 'großartig' auf Englisch ;)

Both food store and restaurant - Edit

The food is really nice and love the smoothies!

So what's good with this shop is that you can eat and then buy some food in the same time, everything is biologic and vegan :)

Nice place in Vienna for vegan's people :)

This store is a dream come true for us vegans - Edit

You must must go to this vegan grocery store. My spouse and I went to have a little nibble in their cafe, he had more than a little nibble--he bought a total of six different bakery items. All were delicious. More importantly though, for us the grocery store was as if we had entered Nirvana. The range of vegan alternative meats, the range of vegan cheeses, the range of vegan butter/margarine was amazing. We bought the vegan sliced cheese called Jeezini Provence, and it was the best we had ever had. Even better than Daiya the one we buy in the States. Then we had the vegan butter Alsan--wonderful. We are going back to stock up on the vegan products (they are such good quality and biological and so interesting--for example, vegan scampi...). This store is a dream come true for us vegans!

Pros: Amazing vegan cheese, Amazing vegan butter, Friendly helpful staff

Cons: Limited seating

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maran Vegan Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.