Mango Grill

240-707-6220

11205 John F Kennedy Dr Ste 201, Hagerstown, Maryland, USA, 21742

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened spring 2014. Has labeled vegan dishes such as lahori pindi chana masala, vegetable jalfrezi, aloo 65. Food is made-in-house. Gluten free options. Call for hours - tell us.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Thai, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KerryO

Awesome Indian Food!! - Edit

I'm SO happy we found this on Happy Cow! It's an amazing little gem tucked away in an unassuming building on the outskirts of town. We've been there several times and have NEVER been disappointed! Their Chana Masala is out of this world good and I get it every.single.time. We tried the vegetable biryani which was worth every penny of the the heft pricetag ($11.25). What I didn't realize, after devouring it & then reading the ingredients, is that it has ghee in it. :( No biggie, next time I will be sure to ask for no ghee. The menu clearly states what is vegan & gluten free, so I should've known...whoops!

The waitstaff is always super friendly and their service is excellent. Definitely give this place a try, if you're in the area!

Pros: AWESOME food, Great staff, Great Servcie

Cons: Can't think of any

Great Choices, Delicious but pricey - Edit

I am a native NYer who traveled with two kids to Hagerstown and we are on a pretty tight diet. I found something to suit all three of us. Even their desserts fit what we needed, however they were sold out. My kids loved the lentil and rice as well as the naan. I had the mixed sampler of various meat, and Raj was happy to accommodate that I didn't want lamb in my plate. The food was delicious. Well cooked, and well seasoned. The atmosphere was nice, ambient beautifully decorated. You can tell this is a new place, they haven't quite found their 'rhythm' yet. I thought I had a clear cut waiter, but then a woman appeared and seemed to take over for some of our meal, then the waiter again. I received my food and appetizer at the same time and the naan came out way before anything else. I would have preferred to have naan w/meal--seeing as NOTHING comes with your meal. I got a fajita style pan full of cooked meat- no sides, no naan. This was my only complaint-- $20 for a plate of meat. $14 for lentils and rice. I am not familiar with Hagerstown prices but this seemed a bit out of reach. I'd go back to see how they grow and improve their wait service/timing.

Pros: Delicious, Lots of options, Friendly/welcoming environmetn

Cons: No side dishes, pricey , Weird timing of food coming out

Delicious Deliciooouuus Indian Food - Edit

WOW! My boyfriend and I were searching for a place to eat while driving back home to Maryland and this place popped up on my Happycow app, thank goodness! It was some of the BEST Indian food we had ever eaten. We went there on a Sunday, which happened to be the lunch buffet. The naan, as everyone has mentioned, is absolutely the BEST! Raj was very kind to me and assured me as to which items are vegan (my bf is not vegan). Whether you are vegan or not, you will surely enjoy the food. I wish this place was closer to home! Can't wait to return.

Pros: tons of vegan options, vegan naan, price

Cons: meat

World Class Indian food in Hagerstown! - Edit

We are thrilled that Mango Grill, with its chef and owner, Raj, is open in Hagerstown. Fans of the old Taj India in town will be happy to know the food is as wonderful as it ever was.

We had Chana Masala and Paneer Tikka Masala, a specialty naan bread with fruit and nuts, and samosas (served with tamarind and coriander chutneys). Everything was exquisitely seasoned and beautifully presented. The delicate tikka masala sauce melts in your mouth and was chock full of tender cubes of paneer. The chana masala was boldly seasoned with a blend of spices and just enough heat. Even the iced tea is special—laced with herbs and spices.

The menu features many gluten-free and vegan items (marked as such), and a wide variety of vegetarian options.

I can't speak to the Thai food since we had Indian. We are not friends of the owner, just long-time regular customers of his previous restaurant. His gracious personality sets the tone for a relaxing dining experience.

The restaurant is newly open (June 2, 2014), and the cheerful interior is painted the color of a ripe mango. It's comfortable, welcoming, and reasonably priced. Our young waiter was personable, attentive and efficient. We were there in the evening and ordered from the menu, but there is a daily lunch buffet as well.

Pros: Superior Indian Food, Welcoming, relaxing atmosphere, Understand vegan & vegetarian

Return to Hagerstown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mango Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.