Luigi Delicatessen

151 Flinders St, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000

Serves meat, vegan options available. No set menu - chef will make what you'd like in the open kitchen using separate utensils for vegan food. Has oe counter devoted to vegan and gluten-free range -- includes toast, granola, muesli, pasta, and dessert. Open Mon-Fri 6:30am-4:00pm, Sat 8:00am-1:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Mediterranean, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Marie Neren

Luigi Delishatessen - Edit

A delicious breakfast and lunch cafe to bring anyone regardless of their dietary needs. In this cafe there is no set menu, just the daily specials on a blackboard and an array of yummy looking salads, sandwiches and treats in a cabinet by the counter. The waiter/waitress will walk you through the daily availabilities and you can customise your meal in any which way and the chefs will prepare it beautifully for you. My family and I were served by a super lovely Belgian waitress who was also vegan so had great recommendations for me and my vegetarian Mum. They were also able to customise a dish for my Dad who is super fussy, and despite ending up with something very simple (just eggs, toast and sausage) it still looked really well done and beautifully presented. However in my opinion the amazing, colourful breakfast platter my Mum and I shared looked ten times more appetising. Every part of the platter was delicious, the asparagus was cooked just right so it was still slightly fresh and crunchy and tasted incredible, the tomatoes, beetroot and mushroom were great as well. I highly enjoyed the crispy toast with hummus and freshly smashed avocado. Mum ate most of the granola with coyo and fresh berries, but I tried a bit and the coyo was unlike any I had eaten before, it had more of a light whipped texture and not as strong coconut flavour, I was definitely a fan! Aside from the food the atmosphere was great, especially as it was a beautiful day and the service was again awesome. Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food, large portions, pleasant atmosphere

Cool little bar with friendly service - Edit

This place is ideal to have breakfast or lunch with your omnivore friends. There is no menu, so the staff will explain you what they have on offer with passion and devotion. The chef made me a delicious surprise breakfast that I could only dream of in other places. You'll not end up with avocado on toast like in any other place! I've got a big bowl of granola with coconut yoghurt and treated myself on a delicious desert to top it all off. Moreover, they have awesome home-made pastas and salads that you can pimp yourself. So highly recommended to get some greens in and enjoy the sun on their colourful terrace.
Their coffee is AMAZING and in this place, you are never alone!

Pros: Delicious and fresh, Big portions, Variation

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Luigi Delicatessen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.