Loving Hut

Contact 042-9346647

23, SongChonbuk-ro, DaeDeok-Gu, DaeJeon, Daejeon, South Korea,

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages. Reportedly moved to this location 2015.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Korean

First Review by joshpomerenk

A WIN! once you find it - Edit

After searching for Loving Hut we were so happy to spot it! It's at the very end of the road and off to the side of the Main Street. We went later in the evening and the owner turned the lights on for us and cooked food from scratch. We speak no Korean and he had a small menu with English as well. He has added a few menu items and I got the red bean rice bowl. Delicious. He brought out sides of kimchi and delicious root vegetables. In addition to food I was able to get non-GMO ketchup and dates while I was there. We plan on going back often. I highly recommend finding this Loving Hut. He wants the world to go vegan and anything I can do to support businesses like that, I'll try!

Pros: food, grocery items

Cons: location is hard to find. happy cow address is acc

Very satisfying - Edit

This new location has a cute interior that makes it feel very welcoming. I had the bibimbap with soy meat and soup. I haven't really eaten soy meat before but eating this made me feel guilty. The owner is very sweet and asked how my meal was. In addition to selling food, they also have a few coffee drinks plus some vegan packaged good for sale. Overall, great place and will come again!

Note: took the 701 bus from seodaejeon negori and got off at jongridong. Walked about 5-10 minutes.

Pros: Quiet atmosphere , Delicious food with no cruelty , Sells vegan goods too!

Cons: Not centrally located

They moved to 23 Songchonbungno Daedeokgu Daejeon - Edit

I've been here for three times
Always satisfying dishes
They have 3main dishes
Rice w/ bean sprouts, spiced seitan also comes with soybean soup, kimchi and another side dish..
And two other noodle soups, one with redbeans the other is perilla seeds
Drinks are half price when you order with any main dishes
Cool. I enjoy here always ! Really neat and traditional dishes!
I hope their business goes well in that new location..
In Daejeon, there are only two or three options for vegans...

Loving Hut in Daejeon (Sintanjin) - Edit

Outside of Seoul it is very difficult to find vegetarian/ vegan food or selection is limited and Daejeon is no exception concerning this fact. It took me quite a lot of time to get to this far located Loving Hut from Yuseong (Daejeon) so I couldn't go very often during my exchange year in Daejeon. Also the menu was very limited but the food was always tasty and the owner so friendly! He sometimes even gave me some small dessert after the meal.
I hope his business will also go well in future, so please support. :)

Pros: Taste, Friendly owner

Cons: Location, Limited Menu

Great place, great food, great owners! - Edit

This place is wonderful! The food is made with care and lvoe and you can really taste that they put some effort and time into what they make. Most Loving Huts are terrible because the cooks just microwave up some fake meat and put no effort into what they're doing, but this Loving Hut in Sintanjin is just the opposite. They use fresh veggies and make their own sauces. This place gets a 10/10.

Pros: excellent food, great value, nice staff

Cons: nothing

Return to Daejeon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1736 times since Oct 2010.