Lina

Ma'alot e-Khanka 42, Christian Quarter, Old City, East Jerusalem, Palestine

Hummus restaurant where all items are vegan except labaneh (soft yoghurt cheese). Try the hummus with pine nuts. Spicy sauce available on request. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Palestinian

First Review by michrozen

Caveys

Points +50

27 Nov 2019

Tasty beans and hummus

The fava beans and hummus are terrific, so good I came back a second time! There are two places virtually opposite each other.

Pros: Quick and easy, Cheap

Cons: Took me a while to find it!

KellyB-H

Points +82

21 Oct 2019

Hit the spot

I might have just been in the right mood, but this place gave me everything I wanted: the best fries I can remember; delicious pomegranate juice; yummy houmous topped with ful; tasty falafel and soft, warm bread. I would definitely eat there again.

Pros: Limited menu, but they do everything well, Value for money

Cons: Can be difficult to find a table

CamilaMarcatto

Points +95

24 Sep 2019

Humus

The food was really good, humus and falafel! The place doesn’t shine to the eye...

thisplaceisheaven

Points +154

24 Aug 2013

Found by accident but was worth it

Very nice, small and cosy place in the big Market. I had: hummus- good but I've eaten better in Jerusalem, fool (warm dip made from fava beans)- eaten for the first time but totally fell in love, it was the best choice for sure, arabic (cucumber&tomato) salad and pita of course (unlimitted amount). We also got some peppers, pepper dip- very hot! and onions for free. All fresh and really tasty. The stuff was helpful too for example the chief offered us some tasting before ordering. Can recommend it to everyone who likes local food and atmosphere.
There is not a wide range of meals you can choose from menu, however I'm not sure if it's a pro or cons :D
Important: it closes around 4 p.m.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 22, 2013

Pros: fool- very tasty and unique meal, nice stuff, good prices

Cons: dirty menu

proper or pompous?

Points +399

02 Dec 2012

good hummus in the old city

if you enter old city through jaffa gate and go straight down david st. make a left on christian quarter road, then a right on st.francisco, lina will be down that street on the right side. it has a pink sign and a blue door. if you can't find it, ask around, people know lina's.

the hummus is top notch. some of the best i've had in israel so far. the prices are decent too.

michrozen

Points +95

03 Oct 2012

one of the best hummus places in jerusalem

just hummus as it suppose to be. good olive oil, fresh pita, the real thing. a bit hard to fined, me, I never get there on first strike, just ask around...

Return to East Jerusalem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.