Abu Shukri

Contact n/a

63 El Wad HaGai, Jerusalem, Israel,

Well-known vegetarian spot mainly for locals, serves freshly in-house-made falafel, baba ghanoush, tahini, and hummus. Has plenty of vegan options. Located in the Muslim quarter of the Old City, at station V on the Via Dolorosa. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm. Does not observe Shabbat.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Lebanese

First Review by Artichoked

Great falafel and hummus - Edit

I came here with a couple of colleagues whilst we explored Jerusalem on our day off. We had falafel, pitta and hummus with salads which was simple but absolutely delicious - one of the best meals I had during my stay in Israel/Palestine. The only downside was the birds kept in tiny cages in the restaurant.

Pros: Great food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Birds kept in tiny cages

Good Arabic Fast Food - Edit

This is a great little spot to get a quick, local meal in the Old City. The staff is friendly. The hummus is unique. It tastes eggy? They assured me it didn't have any eggs in it. Maybe it's dill. You should try it and tell me what you think.

Pros: Fast, Good , Unique Hummus

best hummus in the old city! - Edit

no frills, inexpensive, delicious. it's the kind of place you want to stop by to get food on the way while you happen to be in the old city - not a sit down restaurant.

Pros: inexpensive

Return to Jerusalem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Abu Shukri closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1270 times since Nov 2012.