Small vegan macrobiotic cafe located inside Lima Health Shop. Crowded during lunch time. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Take-out

upbirdman
upbirdman

good location

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2015

We came here because it was next to our hotel. Had a nice dinner. Mostly western food. Store is pretty worthless.

Pros: good location
Cons: store is not good
Aya
Aya

Tasty food but really simple

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

It's an all-vegan place and the food is tasty, but it's nothing to write home about. The prices are OK, but the portions are smallish.

Still, you are happy with what you find in Tokyo and the location is very good. It's a five-minute walk from Shinjuku station South Exit.

Pros: The menu is vegan, Vegan pastries
Cons: Small portions, Their shop is not even vegetarian
sweetpotatosoul
sweetpotatosoul

Good, but not great

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2015

I came to Lima Cafe about a week ago (Feb 2015), and while the food was good, it wasn't memorable. I ordered the curry which came with rice and a miso soup. The portions were very small, especially for the price.
This place definitely feels like you're in a grocery store, not a cafe or restaurant. It's more like a place you'd stop into for a quick lunch, or a snack before heading home to dinner.
I had a hard time finding it. I don't know if it's the address given here, or an issue with my Google maps, but I ended up at the building behind Lima's. It took me about 20 minutes to finally find it.
English is not spoken, nor is there an english menu.

Pros: Within a grocery store, so you can shop, Healthy Food, Friendly staff
Cons: Small portions, Not the best atmosphere, Hard to find

frbou
frbou

I Love Lima!!

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2015

I live near Lima so I've tried everything on the menu! But to get there you can go from either Shinjuku or Yoyogi.
The burger is the best vege burger I've ever had ! It's a crunchy bread crumbed soy meat with gherkin mayonnaise on a perfectly slightly toasted home made bread bun. You get salad and soup with it. I guess it's pretty expensive for a burger at 900 yen but I think everyone should try it!
I also love their original plate which is different each day, consisting of various little Japanese style dishes. It comes with rice and soup.
The daikon soup is amazing! But I might be biased as I love daikonā™„
The staff are lovely and it's not awkward or difficult to go alone.
They also sell snacks like cookies and sandwiches near the front. The korokke sandwiches are so good! I love the cookies too. Some chocolate looking things might be quite bitter though, as I don't think they use a sweetener (I had chocolate coronet and chocolate brownie).

Pros: Delicious! , Healthy, Friendly
medus
medus

Oishikatta

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

Lima Cafe is a nice small 100% vegan restaurant near Shinjuku station (5-7 minutes from South Exit). The menu is not very extensive (3 or 4 main dishes and several desserts) and portions are a bit small but the food is tasty and worth its price (600-800 yen). There is also a health food shop in the same building that sells vegan lunch boxes (600yen), snacks and other tasty things for those who are still hungry ;-)

Update: after the increase in taxes from April 1st, all main dishes cost 900 yen which puts Lima in "medium" price range.

Pros: 100% vegan, Location, Desserts
Cons: No English, Portions could be bigger
Minni
Minni

Good food, smallish portions

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

We found this restaurant easily just by walking down the street from Yoyogi subway station. It's located opposite to the JR Tokyo General Hospital, inside a health store called Lima.

Food was fresh, macrobiotic food and dessert vegan chocolate cake was also good. Menu was in Japanese but there were pictures. Portions were smallish but tolerable. I thought it was also a little bit cheaper than other places in Tokyo.

The Lima health store was a great find, we could buy vegan soy yogurts and puddings and a lot of other vegan goods from there. Recommended!

Pros: good, fresh food, great location inside a health store
Cons: portions were smallish

Dear Owner and Manager of Lima Cafe: