CLOSED: Lifefood Gourmet

• Veg-friendly

Contact 305-856-6767

1248 SW 22 St, Miami, Florida, USA, 33145

Serves meat, vegan options available. Originally established as a raw food restaurant but now no longer all raw or veg, 2013. Menu includes smoothies, live food entrees, pizza, nachos, desserts, and more. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by pepa

Great choice - Edit

It's been a few years since Lifefood Gourmet has seen me but I will say that I still crave to this day their raw lasagna. It's divine and yes, they mastered the art of making thee best raw vegan lasagna around. The tea is delicious. I love how they designed the menu to relate to health. The dessert crepes were awesome. There was nothing I didn't enjoy about this place. Sweet owners, quiet and quaint. I hope when I return one day that the food is just as good.

Pros: best raw lasagna, drinks, great owner

Cons: i wish it were in toronto!

Not bad, smoothies great - Edit

I had a long layover in the Miami airport and was craving some raw food. Closer restos were closed on Sunday so we ended up here. I loved the Amazonian spirit to the resto although there are all the typical raw meals here. Had a mamey smoothie which was incredible and I was sad I hadn't added maca or had one of the super shakes instead. The blueberry-mamey shake was also very nice - blueberry with a hint of sweetened mamey. The smoothies are very pricey for the small size, but very filling and tasty. We don't get mamey where I live so this was a glorious treat. I had the Mediterranean platter which was huge, with (not raw) grilled veggies, nachos, hummus and salsa. Not bad, not great but filling and loaded with veggies. I liked how they mixed raw with non-raw. I also sampled the burrito which was ok as far as raw goes. i which it were more flavourful. For $12, though, I thought the entrees were very reasonably priced.

They also sell some raw ingredients like chlorella, lucuma, mesquite, maca and Sun Warrior protein powder.

Pros: Amazonian theme, mamey shake, quick service

Cons: not very flavourful, plastic cutlery

Lifefood Gormet vegen raw.. - Edit

A bit pricy but good raw vegan food and it really fills you up, with enough to take home...I really enjoyed it, and the staff is very pleasant and accomadating.

Pros: great vegan raw

not bad - Edit

the wusugu (sp?) smoothie was okay, the [tiny] pizza was good, and the burrito was great. we went around 7pm and it was empty so the service was quick and the servers friendly and knowledgeable about the ingredients. i was expecting tastier food, honestly, or at least a tastier smoothie! i mean, come on, just add sugar and it'll taste better (not that it will make it healthy!).

Pros: cleanliness, quick service, healthy cuisine

Cons: pricey, closes at 8pm

Excellent raw food, a little pricy - Edit

We've had lunch a few times here and the food is really great!! Clean, fast and very tasty! I'm vegan, not raw 'foodist', but I think this is where I've had the best raw food in Miami. The place is very nice and perfect for a fast lunch. My husband like it a lot too. He eats big portions and felt well satisfied by the end of lunch time. Try the mamey shake and the carob pie... They're toooooo gooood to share!! ;-)
A little pricy, but I guess it's because raw has to be organic and organic is way more expensive. Worth trying it!

Pros: Tasty, Good portions, Fresh

Cons: Pricy

Agree...could be better - Edit

Again, trying to search for a good vegan restaurant and another disappointing experience. Even though it was better than my Beehive experience, it did not deliver. The place was clean, and the location was OK, easy to find. I ordered a collard roll, the Lifefood stir-fry and the Curry soup. To start the roll collard was not really tasty, you couldn't even tell what the filling was, except by reading the ingredients and the leaf of the collard was hard not easy to eat. The soup had an ok taste but the texture was more as if it was a drink and not a soup, extremely watery. There are many ingredients to make this soup better in texture and flavor, and it was kind of cold. The stir-fry again mushy and not very appetizing. My husband ordered a Burrito with Pumpkin nut meat...not good. The major problem is that after we left..we both star feeling a major headache and I felt nauseous. We drank a hot tea and star feeling a little bit better but our stomachs not. It seems to me that the person who owns the place,has the best of intention but not enough or formal training as a chef or good cook. He also was kind of shy and not approachable. They need a major consulting with a someone with good knowledge of vegan or any type of cooking for that matter. Keep looking for...next "The last Carrot"

Pros: clean, good location

Cons: food needs improvment, customer service

All right, could be better - Edit

As a raw foodist, it's not always easy to find healthy, tasty raw foods on the go. My fiance and I tried this place on the recommendation of a friend and have lukewarm feelings about the place. First the place is nice, bright and clean, but it was also very dead and didn't seem like many people ate in. A few people came to get take out but we were completely alone. Second the menus are to-go style only, the cups are paper, the dinnerware plastic and they don't use plates. It made me wonder why they don't just wash dishes and save some money and recycling.

There's wasn't a lot that looked appetizing on the menu. I was hoping for orange juice but they don't sell it. Strange for a Raw Vegan place in Florida.

The pizza crust is really rock hard and not really like pizza at all, the toppings were good but the crust detracted from it. I think next time I would stick to salads, they had quite a variety and some good salad dressing flavors.

I wish they served some fruit or foods that were at least vegetable based. It seemed it was mock SAD junk food and was very dry and dehydrated. Not what I would call health food.

They also close at 7 so you won't really be coming here to eat dinner, or you have to get it to go.

I have to say I prefer the Om Garden for atmosphere, menu selection and portion sizes over Lifefood Gourmet.

Pros: clean, friendly staff, fast service

Cons: dry food, close early, menu not that great

Happy Cowista! - Edit

Cows are definitely happy we have this restaurant in Miami. Loved it, the food is amazing and the service is very good.
Tried the pizza and the burrito with a Mamey Smoothie....speechless!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

pictures do not deliver - Edit

The pictures looks lovely but the meals are not enough for me. I am a raw vegan and I have had better for both my money and belly. If I return I might get a drink and I hope that taste great.

Cons: price, location, not fulfilling

It's not bad - Edit

But for the prices there I'd rather go to Om Garden which is not far from this restaurant. Still, it's always good to have vegetarian options in Miami, I hope they get to have more support and people, it was pretty dead when I was there :(

Cons: expensive

Rawsome Restaurant - Edit

LifeFood Gourmet was a great restaurant. The service was great as well. It is a casual place you can either sit down or take the food out. The restaurant is completely raw vegan. I took some of my non raw vegan friends there and they really enjoyed the food and the experience. The owner and the staff was very kind and gracious. It was also very good because the owner gave my friends an overview of what live foods are and how things are prepared and made. We had the pizza, burger, and burrito. The pizza was everyone's favorite. The flavors were amazing. We also had the smoothies. The Wild Berry smoothie was fantastic. This restaurant is a must try if you are the miami vicinity.

Black Earth

Pros: Great Food, Great Staff, Casual Dining

FABULOUS FEAST - Edit

This restaurant is Miami's best kept secret! It is truely amazing and the owners are super friendly. The food is so good you would never know it was Raw. I took my mom although she was reluctant and she LOVED it!

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff

Cons: Hard to Find Location, Moderately Prices

Exceptional dining makes me come back for more - Edit

I stumbled upon Lifefood gourmet in my neighborhood and was blown away by the flavours. this is a sweet little place with a serious chef at the helm. pleasant dining room on the second floor. I had an unforgettable cacao smoothie with irish moss, cacao nutmilk and widlflower honey that pulled a punch. Woke me up and had me full of energy. we tried out the Life burger on sprouted quinoa buns as well as a pesto sandwich. Both delicious.This is raw food at it's finest.

Pros: service, flavour, prices

Cons: only open thursday through Sunday

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lifefood Gourmet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 880 times since Jun 2008.