Licorish Bistro

Nicolway Bryanston, Wedgewood link & William Nicol Dr, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2191

Serves meat, vegan options available. African-Asian fusion. Kitchen will make something vegan on request. Ask your server. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-10:30pm, Sun 8:00am-8:30pm.

Categories: Asian, Fusion, African, Non-veg

First Review by JaxB

Varied veggie menu - Edit

There is a wide selection of vegetarian dishes, quite a few of them are actually vegan. I had the Moroccan Vegan burger which, even though not the best burger I've ever eaten, for the price, is actually very well served and abundant. Waiters are friendly and knowledgeable, they know the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan and the menu itself says the vegetarian dishes can be veganised. They have a partnership with a beauty shop called Beauty Factory and every time someone eats there, they are given a voucher to have a free hand rub at Beauty Factory. Beauty Factory doesn't test on animals and is very committed to recycling. So it was a good "dessert" after my meal. :)

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-01

Great experience all around! - Edit

Went here with my husband and parents for a nice holiday dinner as it has a choice of vegetarian - can be made vegan - options. We were not disappointed. From the moment you walk in you're looked after well; actually that started when we called ahead to book and spoke to the chef about vegan food. He said; just let the waiter know if you want something not on the menu. The waiter had also been briefed that we were vegan. So when hr told us about the 4 for 3 starter platter we asked for a 4th vegan option from the snack menu - there were only 3 vegan starters. All where great. We had been on the road for 2 weeks and I was like; if I have to eat another veggie stack I'll cry. But the food was amazingly creative and well made. We ate the cauliflower steak and some peanut pocket thingies for vegan mains; I forgot the details. My dad was very happy with his omni food as he won't eat vegan. Wine was of fabulous taste. All around highly recommended!

Pros: omni place for a mixed group of people , they understand the meaning of vegan, so much more than just that 1 same old vego option

Cons: omni place so kitchen will handle meat, wines are not labelled as vegan

Return to Johannesburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Licorish Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.