Lestat's on Park

619-501-6638

4496 Park Blvd (at University Heights district), San Diego, California, USA, 92116

Serves meat, vegan options available. An extension of the other location on Adams St. This one is a 24-hour cafe. Offers several vegan food, dessert, and drink choices. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Immortal Vegans? - Edit

I actually accidentally happened upon this place as I was leaving another restaurant down the street from here. I saw the name as I was passing and made an immediate U-turn to go back for a mini photo shoot. You see, Lestat (the "real" Lestat) and I have a long history, so naturally I was very interested.

I didn't visit that night, however, I returned the following night. We were dropping off a family member at the bus station but the bus was going to be 3 hours late. Luckily, I remembered this place. I checked their hours, and like a good little vampire, they're open 24-7. Win!

We lucked up on a street parking space right in front of the place. It was @ 10:30pm on a Sunday night and it was cracka-lacking (aka busy). We found a corner table and posted up.

I went to the counter to see what or if they had any vegan-friendly items. They did!
Their dessert case, which housed a nice variety of pastries and sweets, had several vegan options. I got the vegan Cookies n' Cream cupcake and a hot coco with soy milk, no whipped cream. The cake part was pretty good. Not as moist as I prefer, but it was decent enough. The icing was really good though. DD (not a vegan) got a regular carrot cake cupcake, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

I didn't inquire about vegan options on their food menu. Maybe next time.

Whilst at the counter, I chatted with the employees and asked about the chosen name for this cute little establishment. They asked me if I'd ever heard of Anne Rice (LOL!), and proceeded to tell me that it was named after one of her vampire characters. I then proudly exposed my right shoulder and showed them my Lestat tattoo. I can not tell you how happy I was at that moment. lol

Anyway, super cute cafe. Quite large for a cafe too. Adequate space. Lots of studying, hanging out, etc going on, but without any disturbing ruckus. Free wi-fi. Street parking.

My only issue was that there were several fruit flies in the dessert case. OCD me does not like that. Aside from that, AWESOME place. The next time I visit SAN, I'll return to see what else I can sink my teeth in to. *bite* ;)

Pros: 24/7, free wifi, yummy vegan desserts

Cons: Needs more vegan options, street parking

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lestat's on Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.