Leonardo's by the Slice

352-378-2001

1245 W University Ave (at near UF campus), Gainesville, Florida, USA, 32601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria selling pizza by the slice or whole, has vegan slices. Also lacto-veg pasta, calzone, salads.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Pizzeria, Non-veg

First Review by John Ward

Limited vegan pies - Edit

The vegan pizza is very good, but it's not really what I'm looking for when I want a good pie. They don't have vegan cheese, so it's just a pizza without cheese + tofu chunks. Their crust is thick but not quite like a deep dish. Overall, it's a good eat if you're not hunkering for vegan gooey, cheesy goodness.

Pros: good crust, tofu on pizza

Cons: no vegan cheese

Not a good experience - Edit

On a recent trip to Gainesville I tried Leonardo's for their vegan pizza. Had a slice of what was described only as as 'vegan' and it was very good.... so I went back the next day with a friend. Ordered the same thing, 'vegan pizza', only this time got a whole pie. Except it was not the same pizza I had the day before, completely different ingredients & not nearly as good. When I asked the staff about it I got attitude . . . 'yesterday was a special pizza, you didn't ask for any special ingredients, I can't just GIVE you a free pizza.' I had just ordered vegan pizza, the same thing I asked for yesterday! My companion had better luck in at least getting them to make a new pizza, with ingredients similar to what I'd had the day before. Today when I try to email them about this from their web site, the 'comments' & 'contact us' functions don't work!

Pros: vegan pizza available

Cons: rude and discourteous staff, inconsistent ingredients

veggie pizza - Edit

usually the food is all around an A+ but the vegan is inconsistant to me. I dont like it when they put tempe on it, gives me werd texture complex.

the rolls are unreal. best in town by far.
the organic salad is amazing, but they put the dressing on there, so dont expect to let it sit for a minute.

service is pretty shitty. but in th way that every college town needs their scenester kids to be picks. it's amuzing to me. they look anerexic, smell like ciggs and liquer. good kids. but few occations they really were simply retarded.

coffee is pretty good. not mind blowing but way better then target copy and not complete crap like starbucks.

i randomly crave it, everyone oes though. possible drug contents. but it's ok, would make thie childrens like it more.

Pros: pizza, rolls, silly employees

Cons: roaches, bitch employees

good pizza - Edit

it is a local landmark...everyone in gainesville has had leo's at some point. i enjoy that they offer vegan alternatives and of course many vegetarian options...try the greek pizza! also get the rolls!!! they are the best...also, if youre nice, they give extra food...i dont know anyone there, but theyre always nice.

Pros: pizza, is, good

Cons: enough, said, !

Return to Gainesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leonardo's by the Slice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.