Lavinia Good Food

Contact +31206261450

Kerkstraat 176, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1017 GT

Serves meat, vegan options available. A charming breakfast and lunch place in the historic city center serving daily fresh foods with at least 80% of the menu being vegetarian, of which some are vegan or can be made vegan. Try the vegan pizzettas with in-house-made hummus, roasted eggplant and wild rocket and the speciality vegan cheesecake. From 11am-closing a large buffet is available which includes salads such as quinoa with roasted brussel sprouts. In the evenings owner offers lectures and workshops about living the healthy life. Private dining is also possible with a group 14-40 people. The atmosphere is homey, brick walls, easy going. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:30am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by JennJenn

great restaurant with good vegan options - Edit

I went here for lunch and I really liked this place. The food was good as was the coffee and juices. They also have nice vegan desserts! The staff is nice and don't mind if you order a coffee and read books for some time!

Cute cafe but didn't impress me food wise - Edit

Lavinia Good Food is well known in the foodie world and I was so looking forward to eating here. I unfortunately chose the wrong meal... and the wrong drink... and therefore have not so pleasant memories. BUT I would definitely want to go back as my sister had the most amazing pizzette and has had many amazing meals at Lavinia's.

Pros: Nice decor, Friendly staff

Cons: Quite expensive

Good Food Guys - Edit

Huge emphasis made here on veg / vegan food. The place is like someone's cosy and relaxed home. Try the spelt vegan pizzas which are pretty special indeed and filling. I have to say the portobello mushroom burger I had at €9.50 was delicious but not enough to fill a hungry pigeon. It was comically tiny, but tasty nonetheless. You might be better off getting the afternoon buffet consisiting of a main course and salads at €8.50. We also had home made ginger infused lemonade to accompany the food at €2.50 a glass. Lavinias seemed very popular and friendly. It wouldn't draw me back in a hurry but I would certainly recommend it highly as one of the better of the veg friendly places in this scintillating city.

Pros: vegan choice, friendly, nice location

Cons: small portions, expensive

Yum! - Edit

We had a trio of salads - cous cous, chickpeas and roasted corn. Great for a light lunch. Funky, fun location I an interesting neighborhood. Gluten free and vegan options available.

Pros: good good food

Cons: on the expensive side

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lavinia Good Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1768 times since Dec 2014.