First Review by LorenzoOlarte

Decent value / Decent food - Edit

This vegan food isn't super innovative or mind blowing but it has some items like the lentil or falafel burgers you can order a bunch of times and not get too bored of them. I'd like to seem them try some new items but as long as they keep their prices reasonable i'll still order once in a while.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Decent portions, Healthy/decent variety

Cons: Some boring/carbohydrate heavy items, Room for innovation, Sometimes out of items

Real Vegan Food - Edit

For a long time this was the only 100% Vegan restaurant in Playa. Small typical restaurant in the hearth of Playa with mostly Mexican specialties. What I particularly like about La Senda is they mostly avoid soy, fake meats/cheese replacement products, processed food,...and tend to prepare everything with real food: vegetables! While I love junk food and do not dislike anything made with soy or similar as long as it is Vegan, I love to see tasty foods and original recipes being prepared with real veggies and not only using substitutes.

Pros: Everything is made with real vegetables, not fake

Cons: Small place, easily gets crowded or full still nic

Obsessed with this place :) - Edit

La Senda is amazing. Their menu is fully vegan (meaning no risk of misunderstandings and animal foods winding up on your plate!) and is very diverse. Design your own juices and smoothies, raw and cooked salads, hummus, burgers, veganized mexican dishes, and even baked goods! Anything you are craving, you can find here.

Pros: Amazing atmosphere, Wide range of options, All vegan!

Good Food - Edit

This place has yummy food for Vegan and Vegetarian. Lots of options. The place itself does not have a restaurant look. More like a hut on the beach kind of a place.
Even though it's a good place for Vegans I wouldn't recommend it to non Vegans...
The fact that it is located about 10 minutes walk from our hotel, helped :)

Pros: yummy, close to the main street, lots of options

Cons: not a restaurant feel

Excellent and fresh vegan food. - Edit

Booked a hotel intentionally within walking distance of this great vegan restaurant. Good location in downtown Playa. Small, casual, simple layout open to the street. Food is prepared fresh, so be patient. Have eaten there a dozen times with different items and all are very good. Staff are friendly and provide good service. Price is very reasonable for such high quality of food.

Pros: Good fresh food, Convenient location, Reasonably priced

Cons: Limited seating, Bit of a wait for food

nice but room for improvement - Edit

nice vegan menu. great central location and good opening hours and friendly staff. you may end up waiting quite long time for your order and it can be frustrating that a lot of the menu items are not available but otherwise a positive experience.

Pros: good location and hours, all vegan, nice food

Cons: slow service, missing menu items.

we come back - Edit

My wife and me visited this place for kind of breakfast. In the end we had a dish from the breakfast menu and from the Mexican section. Both were delicious. Accompanied with a juice and a smoothie we had a great start for the day.

Unfortunately we couldn't try more from the menu. But we will try later the day... :)

top 5 Vegan restaurant in the world - Edit

How to tell you that La Senda is the only reason why I come by la playa del Carmen.
I'm never disappointed, the food is fresh and tasty and the portions are huge.
Friendly staff, very helpful. They have the menu is both versions Spanish and English.
I recommend the pure protein and the creamy pleasure they are my faves.

Shame they had limited food - Edit

We arrived about 1:30pm and sadly they had very little remaining food. So I can't give a full review. The staff are friendly and what food I had was fantastic. It was just a shame it was the 6th item I had tried to order from the menu. The lental burger I had tasted great though!

Pros: Friendly staff, Great prices

Cons: lack of avaliable food items

Great Vegan Restaurant - Edit

La senda Vegana is the only all vegan restaurant in playa, the menu is filled with very unique dishes , friendly staff, nice atmosphere and the best of all is the accesible prices, highly recommended .

Pros: Location, Great Vegan food, Prices

Delicious green things! - Edit

This place is great. The menu is really extensive, with vegan versions of both local Quintana Roo cuisine and falafel / salad standards.

Pros: Nice staff, plenty of choice.

Not for me.... - Edit

I went to La Senda for a breakfast, and didn't have a great experience. I may just have ordered poorly, but I had the Chilaquiles, and didn't find it to be particularly good. The sauce was kind of blah, and nothing really stood out. The coffee was poor too. I always love that vegan places exist, but this one did not work for me.

Please open up in DF! - Edit

Yes it was that good...I pleaded with the wait staff to open up in Mexico City where there are a few good veg*n places but this one really rocked.

I was working in Playa del Carmen for a month and it was convinently located near to my job and where I stayed. It's close to 5th Ave but without the crap there so it's a great place to chill.

I pretty much loved everything I ate there...and it's wonderful to know if you've got not a lot of Spanish, then you can just pick randomly off the menu and it will be animal free and tasty. They also make vegan cheese and cream there which makes a difference from my usual recital of 'sin queso y sin crema por fa'. I drank my first lassi for a while and please don't get me started on the ice cream too.

It has a bit of a hippie vibe but not too annoying and that's why they are very much needed in Mexico City :-)

Pros: 100% vegan, reasonable price, all Mexican food for vegans

Cons: could be licensed, maybe stay open later

Great food, lovely staff - Edit

My boyfriend and I went to La Senda twice during our stay in Playa Del Carmen. Both times it was fantastic!! We have travelled through Mexico for the past 5 weeks and it can be difficult to find healthy, feel good vegetarian food. La Senda was a great surprise. Really nice vegan food and the friendliest service we have come across in Mexico. The lentil and falafel burgers are great, and the tinga tostadas were soo tasty. I also had the banana, strawberry and cacao oat pancakes, which were huge and incredibly good. They have a bunch a fresh juices. The Omega, Mangojinger and cashew with oat milk are all recommended. The combinations were thoughtful and worked really well. Do yourself a favour and go and try La Senda. They are easy to find, in a great location (worth the trip even if you're not nearby), and really care about and believe in their food.

Pros: Amazing flavours, Great service/Friendly staff, Location

Cons: We couldn't stay for more!!!

Very Good - Edit

This place is great - I had the lentil burger which was probably the best one i have had - it was very moist and tasty - the only disappointment was that that they didn't the sweet potato mash i had heard so much about on the postings. It was served in a pita - so no big bun to fill you up (or in my case discard). I also had a litre of juice (manago and other fruits), which kept me going all afternoon. Would thoroughly recommend for a vegan meal.

Pros: Great food, Staff was great, Small but cosy

It was fun but not the best - Edit

Me and my boyfriend ordered the raw pasta (zucchini pasta), and oh god it was soooo salty, it made me sick eating it. Also, cocoa and coconut water (as part of a shake that also has dates and bananas) wasn't such a yummy combo...

BUT, some things they have really taste like I could have made it at home (and I don't cook THAT good) and spent way less money for it. The tamales, the quinoa burger, the hummus pizza for example…are good, but not worth it for me because the taste is boring.

However, I wouldn't say I didn't like the place altogether because we tried some of their baked things and they were super yummy, and they have some really good things. But if you are someone who wants to be mind blown by the taste, just know that not every plate your order will make your tastes satisfied.

And i do recommend it..I still eat there all the time even though I don't love it…but it's not a bad option :) For sure better and healthier than having oily fried rice and bean tacos with some oily fried veggies!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 19, 2014

Pros: Many food options, Good muffins, wifi and coffee

Cons: raw dishes are mmeh, smoothes are ehh, inconsistent flavor

AstroInterGalactico HELLO YULIA:

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO APOLOGIZE AS I FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED IN YOU VISIT TO OUR RESTAURANT, AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT BECAUSE I ASSURE YOU THIS WONT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, THE GIRL WHO PREPARED YOU FOOD WAS STILL IN COACHING AND SHE GAVE YOU THE WRONG DRESSING, A CILANTRO ONE, AND YES VERY SALTY AS I LATER TRIED MYSELF, WHEN YOU WHERE LEAVING I WAS ARRIVING TO FIND OUT THAT YES YOU FOOD WAS POORLY MADE AND I DONT BLAME THE GIRL FOR TRYING BUT SHE CERTAINLY WAS NOT QUALIFIED YET.

SO WE APOLOGIZE, AND IF YOU ARE EVER IN TOWN AGAIN WE WILL BE HAPPY TO INVITE YOU ONE OF OUR RAW SORBETS OR CREPES, IM SURE YOU WILL NOT LEAVE DISAPPOINTED =)

SINCERELY,

LA SENDA RESTAURANTE

Really good - Edit

I found this website on a hungry afternoon, my favorite place was closed but they recommend La Senda. Really nice place, the vibe is pure relax, the service is excellent and the food really good.
I now have two favorite places to go, best options for Vegetarians/Vegans in Playa del Carmen :)

Beautiful veggie food, prepared with great care - Edit

We ate an excellent lunch at La Senda. We are a vegetarian couple and found the restaurant using 'The Happy Cow' website. I am very glad we did - the food was absolutely delicious. We were early at the restaurant and so watched the chefs prepare our food very carefully. The food was incredibly fresh and incredibly tasty too! The atmosphere in the restaurant is positive, and the staff were friendly locals and not too much in your face. All in all, it was a great dining experience I can highly recommend.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, good value

Fantastic Place - Edit

My spanish is far, far from perfect. However, I somehow managed to order some great food here. They appear to bake their own bread which lends well to the scrumptious salad sandwich and lentil burger options that are accompanied with an extremely tasty sweet potato mash. Another time, I ordered soft tacos filled with mushroom (and pineapple I think) done in a spiced tomato sauce. Taste sensation. A great choice.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 09, 2013

Excellent - Edit

I spent about 5 days in Playa and I ate here everyday since it's 100% vegan. I loved everything I tried. All the ingredients were fresh and tasty. My favourite food was the raw berry-banana ice cream (ask for it). So delicious. The owner/ chef Astrid is a lovely person who I befriended by coming in every day. She can explain anything you want to know in English or Spanish. The location is excellent. Right in the heart of Playa, so there are no excuses not to give it a try.

Pros: 100% vegan and some raw, Good juice bar, Great location

happily surprised by this fully vegan spot - Edit

for me as a world travelling dj & vegan, this spot was a great surprise after coming straight from NYC, which is already a paradise for vegans.
I was expecting to go for the typical tomato soup and rice with beans and vegetables on my stay in Playa Del Carmen, but I was proved wrong!
this is a lovely place with a great selection of healthy vegan comfort food.
the menu wasn't in english, but the girl at the bar spoke english perfectly.
as my driver, who picked me up from the airport was in a hurry, we could just order and they even delivered it to my hotel.
I had the lentil burger with mashed sweet potatoes and it was delicious.

Pros: great selection, sweet spot, customer friendly

Cons: no english menu

100% VEGAN - Edit

HELLO TO ALL, THIS IS THE OWNER GREETING YOU AND INVITING YOU TO TRY THIS ALL VEGAN, NATURAL AND HOME MADE MENU, THIS IS ALL HOME MADE FOOD MADE FROM THE HEART AND HOPE IF YOU VISIT PLAYA COME AND STOP BY TO HAVE A DELICIOUS MEXICAN AND INTERNATIONAL VEGAN MEAL, OR SIMPLY REFRESH WITH OUR SMOOTHIE AND SALAD BAR, TRY OUR DESSERTS AND GET YOU SUPER FOODS!! WE ARE VERY THANKFUL THAT NETWORKS LIKE THIS EXIST AND WE ALL GET TO CONNECT A BRANCH OUT TO CONTINUE THIS PATH OF LOVE, CONSCIOUSNESS AND COMPASSION!! BLESSINGS TO ALL!!

LA SENDA
FOOD IS MEDICINE!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 02, 2013

Pros: MADE WITH LOVE, ALL VEGAN, PEACEFUL ENVIRONMENT

Rstaurante vegano en playa del carmen - Edit

L senda de paz, un excelente restaurante vegano, localizado en playa dl carmen, ofrece muy buena comida y una excelente atencion.
No dejes de visitarlo

Pros: Comida raw, Buenos precios, Clidad de la comida

Return to Playa Del Carmen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Senda Restaurante closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6461 times since Mar 2013.