La Senda Restaurante

984-148-6597

Ave 10 N Entre Calles 10 y 10 bis, Colonia Centro, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, 77730

One of the oldest all vegan cafes, focusing on healthy Mexican food. Also offers acai bowls, kombucha, and desserts. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Juice bar, Mexican

First Review by LorenzoOlarte

The Best Vegan Restaurant in Yucatan - Edit

Really good food and amazing service wirh freindly people. We had the pleasure to visit it 4 times in 2 days. Would have stayed longer just because of the restaurant if we didn't habe to fly back home in couple of days.

So yummy - Edit

Went to this place last year.
The restaurant is very cute and the people are very nice.
I don't remember exactly what I've taken for the main plate, it was a portobello mushroom that replace the corn tortilla and it was delicious. For the desert I take a chocolate cake made of dattes and it was also very delicious.
If one day I return to Playa I will step by again for sure !

Pros: All vegan , Not pricy, Delicious

not the best - Edit

i'm having difficulties with this place and giving it a rating.
the first time i visited, they got everything wrong: my drink was served hot instead of cold as requested, the food was a completely wrong dish. nothing too bad, as both was replaced BUT waiting an extra 15 minutes at 9pm when you're already really hungry isn't the best experience.
what made it worse was that the food ordered was everything but delicious. all parts were covered in maca sauce - and i came to realise that i really dislike this sauce. there was no way in eating around it somehow and enjoying it. the waiter avoided our table. probably because he saw the look on my face.

from this experience, i'd usually avoid visiting again. but, i did. and i'm glad.
the service was lovely and my nori rolls were fantastic in taste & presentation! they were very filling too! unfortunately, this time, my friend wasn't too happy. she had cheesecake, that was still frozen, which is kinda weird even though i understand the need of cooling things in a hot place like playa, a fridge should usually do? unsure if that cake was actually fresh or prepared way in advance...

so, altogether i'd say you kinda have to be lucky with both service and your choice of food. there's better options in playa though!!

Grateful for this gem!! - Edit

I ate here 3 out of 5 days in Playa Del Carmen! Great Vegan menu and a great selection of drinks. My non-vegan friends ate here with me and enjoyed their compassionate meals as well 😊

Pros: 100% vegan

delicious and a must try - Edit

I had the Bolognese with pasta made of zucchini and carrots. It was really much to eat, but that good, I couldn't let it go and ate everything. I'll be back! Let's see, what I'll eat tomorrow! So so good! Thank you so much for the delicious dinner!

Pros: much offered, really friendly staff and guests

Cons: nothing

Excellent - Edit

Small and nice restaurants . Vegan Mexican and also healthy food . Portions are huge and the owner is so nice highly recommended

Annual visit - Edit

Second time vacationing in Playa del Carmen, second time visiting La Senda. While In Search of Yum in Playa, La Senda makes the must do list every time. Two of us shared the spaghetti made with zuchinni and carrot noodles. The serving was so generous we boxed the rest for a take-away. Definitely yummy,

Pros: Yummy food, Happy staff, Creative hand wash sink

Vegan in so many ways - Edit

Vegan not only because of the food they serve but also because of their knowledge about what they serve and what's important to you when you're on a specific diet. They are also very kind, polite, helpful and open to opinions. That's cool and we didn't even come to their menu! The drinks are fantastic, absolutely hi class. Breakfast is delicious (pancakes and granola!) and after 12 pm you can try some other things like pastas or burgers. To be honest, I wasn't really impressed with the latter one but it was OK. Place is still highly recommended.

Nice place for a breakfast - Edit

We went here for a breakfast and we were overall satisfied by everything. coconut water, fresh orange juice, the salted crepe is really great, their nut cheeses are also delicious. friendly staff. nevertheless, don't go there hungry or don't take anything that is not granola and fruits. to order 2 plates, we had to wait more than 30 min, the kitchen is really small and they don't prepare the orders in order, if you see what I mean, we were looking at people arrived 15-20 min after us and getting served when we were still waiting... price is really correct though.

Pros: creativity, charming place, proximity

Cons: really really slow

Good drinks but bland food - Edit

I came here for breakfast, got a savory crepe and vegedillas. They both tasted too "healthy" or in other words bland for me. The crepe is made from chickpea flour, but too thick - kind of like a bread. The vegedillas didn't taste like anything really. The fillings didn't have any flavoring to it. The food here looks good but the taste leaves a lot to be desired.

We suspect the vegan cheesecake might've been good but they didn't have in stock or it was seasonal. The drinks are great though, the coconut water really is good!

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-31

Pros: Great drinks, Great presentation

Cons: Bland food

Fantastic! Do Not Miss This Place! - Edit

Really delicious, unique vegan food. Friendly staff. There was something called the Aztec Cake with mole that was out of this world. Highly recommend!

Pros: Friendly staff, High quality food

Cons: They were out of a few things including cheesecake

Loved the crepe and tiny desserts - Edit

Had the vegan Savory Crepe, very tasty with toppings and a couple sauces on the side. I love that they have 15 peso desserts, I had the muffin, warmed with chocolate/banana filling, delicious. They also had tiny dessert balls and bigger desserts like cheesecake.
Very casual, very friendly, spoke English even though I tried to speak Spanish.

Good eats and great drinks - Edit

Loved this place! Very cool vibe with great seating area. I had the spaghetti bolonese and was not disappointed. The sauce was perfect and the zucchini and carrot noodles were just what the doctor ordered. For dessert I had a choco bananna smoothie that was very nice but a little low on the dates. I would return here to eat for sure.

Pros: Good real food, Not soy based, Large menu

Fully vegan and Mexican food - Edit

A completely vegan restaurant in Mexico. And they have "authentic Mexican" dishes. They serve western ones, too.
I really liked the green juice with nopal (cactus) and maya spinach.
They serve everything with different kinds of sauces. All of them are really tasty.
The staff is really nice, but not the fastest. If you just want to grab something fast, order upfront to go. But since you're on holidays you can just chill and enjoy the venue!

Meh.., - Edit

The oats horchata was flavorless... the aztec cake was oversized and okay on flavor and the service was SLOOOOWWWWW and the worst we've had in playa. Not once were we asked if our food was okay or was water offered after our super heavy smoothies were done. I wanted to like this place, but personally I would not be back

Delicious, lots of variety, great service - Edit

Will eat here every day of my trip. So thankful to have so many options for breakfast. The portions are enormous. For some dishes they have large and small sizes. Very authentic atmosphere. Fairly extensive menu. Food is delicious.

Pros: Many choices, open all day

The ****ed up both of my orders. - Edit

The food was good but they ****ed up both my orders, I got 2 times the wrong option in my food.

loved it ? - Edit

Amazing food, many options, highly recommended ?

Return to Playa Del Carmen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Senda Restaurante closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.