La Guinguette

828-357-5636

105 Richardson Blvd (at State St), Black Mountain, North Carolina, USA, 28711

Serves meat, vegan options available. A cozy, bright, French and Argentinian restaurant which serves all locally sourced and many organic ingredients. The chef and owner, a native Argentinian, is the only cook in the kitchen and has created a menu consisting of appetizers, soups, salads, tamales, and empanadas, as well as a full wine, beer, tea, and espresso menu. Each section of the menu offers at least 2 or more vegetarian options that can easily be made vegan upon request. The tamales are also naturally gluten free as they are made with buckwheat batter. Open Wed-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm. Closed Mon-Tue.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, French, Fusion, French Argentinian Fusion , Non-veg

First Review by TifK29

fabulous find outside Asheville, NC (Black Mountain, NC) - Edit

Happy Cow won’t let me give 5 stars because it isn’t 100% Veg, but this place is very accommodating to the VEGAN lifestyle.

I’m here in the Winter. The outside patio is closed so there are only 6-8 table available.

The outside looks sketchy, but inside is friendly and cozy.

The food and service are fabulous. My partner is having mushroom tamales and I’m having vegan French onion soup. The flavors are authentic Argentinian and freshly made in house.

I cannot say enough good things about this place and the service.

Pros: these people understand what vegan means.

Cons: only 6-8 tables in the Winter

cute local joint. great service. vegan crepes! - Edit

The chef has a vegan crepe and empanada recipe so most of the menu items can be made vegan, which was great. My husband very much enjoyed the regular chicken empanada and I had a vegan ratatouille crepe and it was delish! The local brown ale was soooo good too! :). Service was great and when they were out of what I really wanted they accommodated me well. And the patio... is so cute!

Pros: cute patio, accommodating chef, vegan crepes (who knew?)

Cons: out of a tamales

Return to Black Mountain Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Guinguette closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.