La Faim des Haricots - Puits Vert

Contact 05-61224925

2 bis rue du Puits Vert (at downtown), Toulouse, France,

All-you-can-eat salad buffet spread. Many items do contain egg and/or dairy, vegans to ask. Moved from number 3 on the same street. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon-Sun 7:00pm-10:30pm. Open Mon-Sun lunch and dinner.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, French

First Review by justin

gooooood - Edit

all you can eat buffet.dishes are delicious!however desserts and tartes are not vegan.It would have been the best place I've even been to if everything was vegan. nice Toulouse atmosphere

amazing - Edit

Service was amazing, decor was amazing and the food was outstanding. Everything was fresh and delicious, tons of vegan options/desserts and only €14. Only disappointment was we couldn't fit anymore food in!

Large, tasty all-you-can-eat buffet - Edit

All-you-can-eat salads, tartes, dish of the day, and desserts. I liked the salty things more than the sweet ones.

Pros: Good taste, Very nice atmosphere, Fair prices

Cons: Desserts not overly good

Really tasty and not expensive ! - Edit

Great variety of vegan and vegetarian foods. Self service and you can go back for more helpings !

Pros: HUMMUS, Price, Self Service

Cons: Small, often packed

Lack of vegan stuff - Edit

Taste was good, really. But for it was a bit hard to know what's vegan and what's not + there were not many choices for vegans (strange in a city like Toulouse, where there are many vegans).
Well I would say "Yup, it was mostly good" to a vegan friend asking me if I recommend him, but this is not my first Choice in Toulouse.

Pros: Not expensive, Cool staff

Cons: Not many vegan stuff, Not easy to know what's vegan

very affordable, filling and healthy - Edit

I ended up here by accident and I am so glad I had dinner here. The food is fresh and healthy. A large variety of choices.
The concept is great. Choose from unlimited salads, pies or/and dessert for less than 15eur. It's a buffet so you can eat as much as you want!

Pros: many choices of food, cheap, healthy

Cons: No Cons!, I heard that the place gets packed

Very basic - Edit

Firstly, the staff were really nice, it was easy to find and I liked the decor. Secondly, it is reasonably priced and points to them for operating a veg restaurant in Toulouse. I'm vegetarian but prefer to eat vegan when there are options. As other reviews have mentioned there are not a lot of vegan options. I took soup and salad and whilst there was a good number of salads, it did remind me of a meal I would have made myself or others would make for me when I first became vegetarian. I just think more imagination could really make their food delicious and accessible for vegans.

Pros: nice staff, cheap

Cons: lack if vegan options, bland

Paradise for vegetarians, hell for vegans... - Edit

As a vegetarian, I would have probably ranked this restaurant with four cows. But, as a vegan, and because of the excessive use of dairy products (in almost every of the interesting dishes, even the houmous!) and the lack of vegan alternatives, I definitely rank this restaurant with two---unhappy---cows.

The restaurant offers unlimited hot and cold vegetarian buffet (including different pies), unlimited soup and unlimited dish of the day at a very reasonnable price. The staff is friendly, and is aware of what veganism is even if the restaurant is not really vegan friendly. The location is practical and the place very nice. However, as a vegan, it is not really good value for money because there is very, very few choices, only in the cold buffet, with mostly a flavorless taste. Moreover, vegan choices are not clearly indicated, and worst, some of the dishes, whose ingredients are written in front of the buffet and appear to be vegan, contains in fact milk, without it was written! That is the case of the houmous. Why milk in houmous?!

Concluding, go if you're vegetarian, avoid if you're vegan. Needs a lot of improvements to be interesting for vegans.

Pros: unlimited buffet at reasonnable price, friendly staff, good location and nice place

Cons: very few vegan choices, no-dairy & no-eggs not clearly indicated, savorless vegan choices

limited choice for vegans - Edit

Great place for vegetarians and my two omnivore friends loved it, too. However, often limited to just the salad bar for vegans (and a number of the cold dishes are not vegan including the hummus). The food is divided into a cold salad bar and hot dishes and you choose if you want one or the other or both with/without a dessert (all options are cheap). On the two days I ate here, only one day was there a vegan hot option. Overall: friendly, cheap and cheerful but could cater a lot better for vegans with a little thought.

Pros: friendly, cheap

Cons: limited for vegans

Excellent Vegetarian Restaurant in the City Centre - Edit

This place is fantastic! You choose which courses you want to eat (salads, tartes salees, soups (in winter), dish of the day, and desserts) and then can eat all you want of their delicious offerings! I particularly like the salads and tartes salees, though the desserts are great too! You can read a bit more and see some photos on my blog post about this restaurant - http://savouringsustainability.blogspot.fr/2013/04/vegetarian-restaurant-in-toulouse.html

Highly recommended!

Pros: great food, good value, vegan and gluten free offerings

Cons: can be noisy, busy after 8pm

Don't go there - Edit

We stopped off at this restaurant, looking for a place to eat. My friend and I are both vegan, so we asked what the vegan options where. The waitress was very nice, and let us in to show us.

None of the dishes were vegan (there were 3 quichs, and some cooked vegetables). What was left was a salad bar, with limited options, and even more limited vegan options. In fact, there was no more here than in any regular salad bar. Worst of all, is that we found out that even the humous isn't vegan, as it contains milk, and that the food isn't even cooked on location. I'm glad we left when we saw how little there was for us to eat.

Cons: not vegan, not cooked on location

Convinced my kids! - Edit

Turned up at 14:30 and they had run out of food. Went back at 19:00 when they re-opened for dinner and tucked into curry, couscous, quiches, salads, desserts and kept going until we were nearly exploding. Convince my kids that veggie food can be tasty and filling.

Prices are from EUR 10 to EUR 15 per person depending on which of the all you can eat options you choose.

Pros: Tasty, Great value for money, Wide choice

Cons: Food runs out quickly at lunchtime

Great all you can eat ! - Edit

The restaurant is very well located in the center of Toulouse.
The staff is friendly.

It's an all you can eat restaurant where you pay 10 to 14 € according to how many categories of food you choose (salads, dish of the day, salty tarts, soups, desserts and ice cream), so it's quite cheap !
The variety of food is very satisfying, especially for salads. The food is fresh and tasty, and some of the dishes are very original !
The only bad point is the ice cream : it's cheap low quality industrial one...

But besides this, I highly recommand this place !!!

Pros: well situated * friendly staff, fresh and tasty food, quite cheap

Cons: ice creams is low quality

Nice location - Edit

When we arrived at 7 we thought we would be the only ones there - as so often in vegetarian restaurants in France - but within half an hour the place was bursting. It was very loud in there but the food was good and there was plenty of it. The nice waiter spoke English fluently.

Pros: various kinds of food, nice staff

Cons: noisy, few options for vegans

Don't mention 'bio' - Edit

I'm a vegetarian and only eat dairy produce which is organic - for its ethical, environmental and health reasons. As most of the dishes in this restaurant include cheese I asked the waiter if any of their cheese was 'bio' to which he replied "We are a vegetarian restaurant - not a bio restaurant!". Not an unusual response to expect from a French waiter, but I don't think I'll be going back.

Pros: Location

Cons: Not enough vegan dishes, No organic dairy produce

Hungry Bean - Edit

Highly recommended. It's not vegan but pretty much as close as it gets in France. If you're not a strict vegan well worth a little dairy. It's on a nice quiet street in Toulouse - even fewer smokers sitting outside than usual!

Don't be confused by the format - it's basically "all you can eat," you just have to pick which sections you want to eat from.

Pros: good food, nice location

Return to Toulouse Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Faim des Haricots - Puits Vert closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.