Kopps

• Friend
03043209775

Linienstr 94, Berlin, Germany, 10115

Vegan fine dining restaurant established since 2011. Features a menu with 3 dishes per course and a 5 course prix fixe menu. Wine list offers many German wine and some international wine. Open for dinner only, except Sat-Sun when brunch is served between 9:30am to 4:00pm, followed by dinner from 18pm to 22 pm. Open Mon-Fri 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:30am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 6:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Beer/Wine, German

First Review by Take It Back

Amazing Sunday brunch - Edit

Very beautiful restaurant . We went here for the Sunday brunch . For 16 euro you can eat as much as you can choosing from appetizers to desserts . Everything was great and tasty . The drinks are excluded and are a little bit pricey . But it worth a visit and it's better to book a table because it s always full

The best brunch ever! - Edit

We've been twice in a raw at the brunch of Kopps since it is the best I've ever had. The restaurant is very classy, offers an unlimited brunch on week-end with vegan cheese and delicatessen, pancakes, vegetables, faux-egg dishes, german cakes, cereals, etc. All that for 15 euros only! The drinks have to be ordered and paid separately (and they are quite expensive) but the brunch definitely worth it. The food is really fine and tasty, and you can choose exactly what you want. I will definitely go back there for the brunch.

Pros: unlimited brunch at decent price, amazing food, trendy, 100% vegan

Cons: pricey drinks

Fine Dinning Experience For Vegans - Edit

As a vegan it's rare to get to sit down to a 4 course meal served with white tablecloths. Kopps delivers on that experience. With friendly servers and menus in both German and English they're happy to help recommend dishes and wines that will pair well together. I've been going here for years, and while most of their menu offerings change seasonally, they're always creative in their presentation and ingredients. The price tag is worth it to sit outside to a deliciously unique, cruelty-free dinner. A must at this restaurant every time I go is the egg salad and bread basket.

Pros: Unique, Upscale, Entirely-vegan

Cons: Pricey , Busy

The best brunch you'll ever have! - Edit

We were a company of 11 people, all vegans, aged 28-39 from London.

For €15 you get all you can eat buffé, a mix of cold a hot dishes and German/Non-German food.

The staff are great so expect an amazing experience.

amazing - Edit

Amazing food. Little too posh for me if i want to go out and grab some food but definitely perfect for a nice dinner and stuff.

Amazing food, great atmosphere. - Edit

We had a delicious evening meal here on a recent trip to Berlin. On arrival we were advised that Kopps has a three or five course set menu with matched wines. This didn't really suit us so we chose from the a la carte menu and had a delicious South African red to go with our meal after a lovely champagne cocktail.

We ate an incredible mushroom ravioli and cottage cheese for our starters. The ravioli was delicately flavoured with wonderful truffle running through it.

For our mains we moved onto a black rice risotto with apple which sounds odd but really worked and a pumpkin based dish. We also couldn't resist our fascination with the 'egg salad' so added that to our meal: made from black salt, soya cream and udon noodles it was amazingly similar to egg mayonnaise.

This place has clever and tasty food in a really classy setting. It could be pretentious but actually is very mellow with attentive and helpful staff.

Our meal came to around 90 Euros.

Pros: Good central location, Great wine list

great experience - Edit

Was visiting Berlin from the uk, I had no idea what to expect from this restaurant other than it was expensive
Which at 60 euros each it was, but it was so worth it, each dish is so creative, unique and delicious, we went in the evening so can't comment on the brunch and we also ordered from the main menu as my boyfriend has a serious nut allergy and was best to make sure we knew exactly what we where getting, they do offer a slightly cheaper set menus, the staff where very helpful and gave some of the best customer service I've ever experienced

Not worth the price - Edit

My boyfriend and I visited the brunch on Sunday. First impression was bad. The restaurant was packed and very very noisy. I would not recommend it if you are looking for a place to relax. Food was good but nothing special. Service was alright. We will perhaps give the fine dining a shot but most likely will not be coming back for brunch. Overall disappointing considering the great reviews the place has.

nice time - Edit

An amazing vegan buffet, just it, for 15 euros. And very kind people are attending.

Pros: Different meals, Delicicous , friendly

Cons: I thing they could have more tables, but it is ok, nothing , nothing

Great vegan brunch - Edit

My husband and I went there for a Sunday brunch- it's best to book in advance if you want to make sure you get a table!
The brunch buffet includes a nice range of cold and hot, sweet and savory food.
I couldn't try everything unfortunately because there was so much, but I really liked everything I tasted, especially the vanilla-cardamom custard and the chocolat-maracuja spread which I had with there very cute mini pancakes.
My only criticism is that although the food was labelled, potential allergens were not identified, which can be quite tricky if you have a gluten, a nut or a soy allergy for instance.
I would definitely love to go back next time I am in Berlin.

Pros: Great brunch, Good service

Cons: Potential allergens not indicated on the buffet

Pricey but fancy and delicous - Edit

Small room, probably fits around 20 to 30 people. I had a black risotto which was very delicious. The flavour was unexpected. We shared a plate of cheeses for dessert which blew my mind of how delicious and distinct they were.

Pros: Simple menu, but all very delicious, Not crowded, reservation probably not needed

Cons: A bit on the pricey side, not for every day, Waiters were a bit "pushy" at selling

Very Good - Edit

Nouveau cuisine, but larger portions, and far less pretentious, than you get in the UK. You can pick 3, 4 or 5 courses from the set menu. Three courses is probably enough for the average person, though if you're an athlete with a healthy appetite (like myself) then you'd want to go for all five.

The food was excellent, and they've clearly put a lot of thought into creating taste combinations you've never experienced before.

The waiting staff were much friendlier and more helpful than your average German waiting staff, they really make an effort to explain exactly what the different flavours in each dish are, and are very knowledgeable.

If you're looking for something a bit different to your standard 'one large pile of food to eat and feel stuffed' meal then this is definitely a good alternative.

I'd recommend eating earlier in the evening, as the menu is cheaper if you order before 19:30 (e.g. just 19 Euros for three courses)

Pros: Unique Food, Great Tastes, Very knowledgeable and helpful staff

Great Food - Edit

Delicious seasonal food. Small menu. The first time I ate there the service was ok. I went back with a few friends and this time the waitress was execrable. She didn't make us feel welcome and as we left disappointed.

Pros: tasty food and beautiful presentation

Cons: waitress

Great buffet - Edit

I went here after trying another vegan brunch buffet which was much more expensive and much worse so I was really positively surprised by kopps! Great variety for a reasonable price, no drinks included. All food was good! from the bread to the cheese to the hot plates

Pros: Many delicious options, good price, beautiful plac

Cons: It was hard to get small spoons for the yogurt or

Breakfast buffé - Edit

Coming to eat the fully vegan breakfast buffé we were excited. But our first impression was really bad since the waiter looked at us like we were filth and didn't belong there. The buffé in itself was pretty good but not amazing. Fun to try out the concept but not something I would visit again.

Pros: Nice, tasty food., A lot of options.

Cons: Poor service, Desserts were underwhelming

great cheese plate, OK service - Edit

The food was very good, especially the cheese plate and the bouche. I was, however, unimpressed by the service. I had reservations for just myself and was dining alone. The table had 2 place settings when I sat down and the extra was never removed. When I did not order an appetiser the setting for that course was left on the table. I was also seated at a mediocre table when the restaurant was not busy and I could see more appropriate tables for a solo patron sitting empty. Most upsetting was that when I was half way through my dessert I asked for the bill and explained it was because I was a little rushed to catch a flight, so I wanted to pay before I finished eating so I could leave right away. My bill was brought over promptly and I placed my card in the dossier but waited until well after I had finished eating before my server came over. I actually had to get up and start collecting my things as I was thinking i would have to take my bill to the front. It was only when she saw me getting up that my server took my credit card. (even though she had walked past me multiple times before that)As I was leaving I asked if the next street over was the best place to hail a taxi quickly. She insisted on calling one for me instead, saying it would just be 2 minutes. It was not. I waited nearly 10 before I finally just walked to the next street over and hailed a cab in less than a minute. The food was lovely, but I was just very disappointed by the level of service for the calibre of restaurant and the prices (I paid €43 for a main course, cheese plate, and glass of wine). They weren't unfriendly or anything, just not paying attention to what I would argue are important details of service. Also note, I would have still left a tip because I don't agree with not tipping, but the card machine didn't give me the option.

Pros: cheese plate, creative

Cons: expensive, not awesome service

Good quality food - Edit

I really liked going to Kopps as they have two different facets: They have a nice and not too expensive lunch meal. In the evening, they are more expensive, but it is definitely worth it. I would recommend going there.

Pros: delicious meal

Cons: very expensive

Nice but pricey - Edit

I think it's a sign of the evolution of veganism in Berlin that a high end place like this exists. Good food, but pricey...

Pros: Well presented gourmet vegan

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kopps closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.