First Review by veggie

Awesome! - Edit

I had the masala dosai, served with two chutneys and sambhar, for 3.90$ (2.85 USD). It was sooo tasty and filling ! I felt bad paying so little ! It's so nice to eat among the locals, and the staff is very friendly. The waiter confirmed that the food is cooked in oil, and not ghee.

Pros: Cheap, Friendly staff

Brilliant Indian Experience - Edit

I love this place, a classic indian restaurant with all of my favourite dishes (masala dosas, brilliant samosas, banana leaf thalis, indian sweets and masala chai). The choice is great and the food consistently good. Also I love the feel, its always busy and full of Indians and very much reminds me of India. Highly reccomended. There are alot of other veg indian restaurants around but we always went back here. If you are new to Indian sweets order the gulab jamon. Thali dishes are approx $5-6 and everything else is cheaper. so great value

Pros: good price, great atmosphere, great food

Friendly staff and good, affordable food - Edit

Everything on the menu was new to me, so I asked for a recommendation. It was great. 1st tasty vegetarian meal I've had since I got here. Waitress also recommended a snack. It didn't have a name on the bag, but I wish it did because it was great! The whole meal didn't look very big, but it was very fullfilling. I had enough left overs to take with me for a snack later. Good deal. And very convenient location (right next to MRT).

Good fun - Edit

Agree with most of the comments already made. This is a cheap, basic restaurant but don't let that put you off.

The staff are friendly, like one of the other reviewers I've been in with a pram and it was no problem. I'm western, and everybody was happy to help offering advice etc.

It is the usual form here to eat with your (right) hand, but implements are available. Overall, I'd say give it a go!

Pros: Food, Price, Experience

a nice restaurant to eat in - Edit

went with my friends for threading and we pop in to komala. like the restaurant alot as its vegetarian. the dishes tastes great too, with many spices and herbs. there's alot of savory and sweet delicacies to choose from if you wanna pack some home for your family~!!

Pros: clean, healthy cuisine, cheap

Cons: the toilet

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Komala Vilas Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2216 times since Aug 2007.