Gokul Vegetarian Restaurant - Little India

+65-63967769

19, Upper Dickson Rd, Central Singapore, Singapore, 207478

Large a la carte menu featuring primarily Indian dishes like dosas and an array of mock meats. No onion or garlic used. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Indian, Take-out

First Review by SteveAndPeggy

Andreita

Points +86

13 Jun 2019

Delicious & lots of vegan options - Edit

I had the bhindi masala and murtabak. Especially the bhindi masala was super delicious! Big recommendation.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, delicious, fast

Cons: Plastic straws

xtinalouise

Points +29

01 Jun 2019

Huge menu with everything vegetarian. - Edit

I had the samosas and a huge dosa. Both were incredible. Attentive staff. Busy restaurant. Super good value.

SKNg

Points +1023

15 May 2019

Vegetarian Food - Edit

Indian vegetarian restaurant selling Indian and local food like chicken rice, kway teow, etc

EUGENEJ

Points +28

29 Apr 2019

Good variety of veganized local food - Edit

There’s a whole load of vegan options, something that a lot of times can be a luxury as a vegan. Lots of brownie points for the variety!! I came for dinner on a Monday night. Fair number of people by the time I finished. Only had one thing on the menu and it was not to my taste. So I don’t know if the food could be better but am definitely willing to come back to try something else. Although a little pricey (8-12$), I think the variety justifies coming here. For now.

I think the cleanliness definitely could be improved. Floors and bathroom etc.
Serve Singaporean food veganized

Pros: Huge vegan variety

Cons: Cleanliness can be improved

andygray_ch

Points +41

02 Feb 2019

Delicious food and great value - Edit

I really enjoyed eating here. The restaurant is not modern or fancy, just down to earth. The food is delicious. I would eat here again anytime.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Clean

BittenKirkNielsen

Points +102

17 Dec 2018

Cheap lunch - Edit

I went for lunch, the staff was very helpful with what was vegan. The food was good and authentic indian.

Updated from previous review on 2018-12-17

Pros: Authentic indian, Cheap , Helpful staff

Rileyttt

Points +30

04 Dec 2018

BEST VEGAN INDIAN EVER. - Edit

I enjoyed eating here so much I had to come back for seconds just 2 days later. Very reasonable prices, great service and amazing food. 5/5

Pros: Loads of vegan options, Absolutely delicious , A taste worth travelling for 100%

Cons: None! Definitely check out this restaurant

gillessss

Points +44

11 Nov 2018

Great place! - Edit

Great food ! The soya chunks recipes are awesome but it’s the not the cheapest place. I highly recommend nevertheless !

Pros: Card payment

LornaJane

Points +32

26 Oct 2018

The best restaurant in Singapore - Edit

I ate here twice during my week in Singapore and loved it. There are so many options on the menu but everything was beautifully flavoured. I was with a meat eater and we were both dubious of the mock meat, but we loved it so much, we had to go back for more. The staff were brilliant and understood veganism and were able to recommend dishes. The best Indian restaurant I’ve eaten at anywhere in the world

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great price, Friendly staff

ChoyYuen

Points +1551

15 Oct 2018

Highly recommended place - Edit

Gokul is probably the only Indian restaurant in Singapore which serves vegetarian food without onion and garlic. They have many vegan items which are clearly marked in their menu. Their staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. As a gesture of welcome and hospitality, the staff brought us a large jar of free plain water once we sat down. After we placed our order, the staff anticipated that our table may be too cramped for our food so they moved us quickly to a bigger table. We tried their briyani, nasi lemak, chapati set, masala dosa, murtabak and fried kuay teow. Their food tastes really good without the need to use onion and garlic. We had the most divine meal at Gokul vegetarian restaurant. It's certainly a highly recommended place for daily meal, gathering or celebration.

Updated from previous review on 2018-10-15

Pros: Tasty food, Good service

CarlMeyer

Points +69

30 Sep 2018

Must try - Edit

Highly recommend satay skewers, potato curry puffs, and poori

Pros: Lots vegan options , Great staff , Clear pictures and vegan labels

TacticalTofu

Points +74

19 Sep 2018

Best spot in Little India - Edit

Our go to place when staying in Little India. Great menu, good food. Close to the MRT line.

Pros: Lots of options

Cons: Sometimes can be quite busy

AdamHogue

Points +122

25 Aug 2018

Favorite restaurant in Little India - Edit

Little India has a good list of options in and around the the area but Gokul is my personal favorite. The food is delicious, service is very fast, staff are friendly, great diversity of customers, and cheap. Perfect distance from the InnCrown hostel for a quick and tasty bite to eat.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious food, Large portions for cheap prices

Cons: Can be greasy

Vegan Victoria

Points +161

11 Aug 2018

Delicious - Edit

My non-vegan husband couldn’t wait to return here because the food is so good. The interior is very basic but it adds to the charm. We loved the carrot cake and vegan ‘buttery chicken’ with plain naan bread.

Pros: Huge variety of delicious vegan Indian food, Inexpensive , Quick service

Cons: Bland interior , No alcohol

craigmc

Points +10569

01 Jul 2018

really vegan friendly - Edit

was really bowled over here. the menu is now over 50% vegan (more like 70%) and there has been a real effort made to upgrade many Indian dishes to vegan.
the restaurant is big, basic, clean and welcoming. staff were professional and nice. the vegan dished on the menu are very clear.
my entourage had a veg fried rice and butter chicken between them, they love is said the mock chicken tasted like it had been cooked in the tandoori oven I had a Ravi dosa (the only place I found offering ghee free dosa) which had a daal and two dips, all of which were tasty as.
we also had a nan and tandoori roti which were both varied, nan really soft, roti that but tougher. we had a stay aide which was spicy and cam with a great dip.
favourite place in little India.

Another visit and it occurred I've never tried any Chinese dishes. Maybe I'll have to go back.
We splits a clue of starters, cauliflower and prawn spicy style. Both really good, lots of flavours and spicy, but with taste.
We have a butter chicken, palrawn masala and chicken plate. All were devoured which considering the portions size, was impressive.
Really like this place.

Pros: loads of vegan, tasty as, good value.

TofuInvasion

Points +232

21 Jun 2018

Expensive but good - Edit

$23 for my lunch, one murtabak and one briyani, good curry and not greasy at all

AmyLeySzeThoo

Points +2560

20 Jun 2018

Best Briyani & Best Indian food - Edit

I just can’t get rid of their briyani even though they have so many variety of food!!! You gotta try this restaurant for all the tasty local delights!!!!!

Pros: Many vegan options!!, Friendly staff

Cons: Oily but super tasty!

XavierKeeley

Points +26

22 May 2018

Really tasty - Edit

Just had a lovely "chicken" tikka starter and a vege noodle dish (not a name i was familiar with). Overall less than 20sgd so felt cheap for what i had. Wish we had similar in uk.

cherryllyx

Points +65

09 May 2018

Standard remains the same at Upper Dickson outlet - Edit

Never fail to order these dishes whenever I visit their main shop - Chana Masala, Palak Paneer, Fried Kwey Teow. If you don’t mind mock fish, their claypot fish head curry is pretty good. I always opt to add more veggies and omit the mock fish. For briyani instead of the Chef Samsuddin Briyani, I would recommend Chettinad Briyani ( spicy lovers) and Hyderabad Dum Briyani Claypot.

Pros: Tasty without using onion or garlic.

Cons: Too many mock meat. Needs to improve Mee soto

ChenHongwen

Points +64

30 Apr 2018

Indian vegan friendly restaurant with big variety - Edit

I’ve been to the Gokul branch in Fortune Centre and loved it, thus wanted to give this branch a try. The menu is definitely bigger here but the prices are 1-2 dollars more expensive than the Fortune Centre branch (same dishes). The ambience and setting is nicer than the Fortune Centre branch though. Had the Chicken Kurma and Soup Kambing. The chicken kurma tasted too similar to the Butter Chicken which I had at Fortune Centre, but not as nice. The soup kambing was good though.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Big and clean space , Delicious food

Cons: More expensive than the branch in Fortune Centre, Staff not as friendly compared to the otherbranch

nelson91

Points +186

30 Apr 2018

Large Menu - Edit

Gokul has a very large menu, with most vegan options marked on the pictures. The food is mostly Indian, but has other local Singaporean dishes as well. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. Some of the food is quite spicy, but everything we have tried was very tasty. The portion sizes are good for sharing a few dishes between people.

buboreka

Points +137

09 Apr 2018

Food was good, staff is unfriendly - Edit

First time I give a 3-star review. Eventhough the food was good - we had the chicken korma, which was tasty but it comes without salad and rice which is weird.. Unfortunately the staff was not welcoming or kind at all so we didn't leave the restaurant with a good feeling and would not return.

vegster

Points +22

Mostly Vegetarian
02 Apr 2018

Best Vegetarian Restaurant - Indian Food - Edit

Best vegetarian restaurant serving large variety of Indian food. Good and tasty Asian/western food served as well

Sweetveganneko

Points +1560

27 Mar 2018

best carrot cake and Hokkien mee I have ever tasted - Edit

Carrot cake used to be my comfort food in primary school, but at some point I stopped having them as often as I used to. This carrot cake is so flavourful and brought back so. Much. Memories. Even though it is slightly oily and overly salty, the flavour and texture contrast between generous portions of radish was on point! Hokkien mee was unlike any other I have tried at all - the ingredients were very generous, and the dish is not overpowered by the taste of yellow noodles, like that I have tried in most places. The taste is somewhat unique, and yet again extremely flavourful. I heard that the flavour remains even after you request for less oil and less salt, without all that extra guilt and sodium :D

Their service is very, very fast despite all the crowd. We also tried the mutton murtabak, and the plain dosa, but they pale in comparison to the carrot cake and yellow noodles (though still really good).

Pros: flavourful , comfort food, quick service

Cons: very very crowded during lunchtime

jks93

Points +68

11 Mar 2018

proper chicken korma - Edit

Thank you gokul for the best chicken korma I've had. Prata was perfect and the mock mutton murtabak was great too. Special mention to the ice lychee drink also.

Pros: CHICKEN KORMAAAAAA

Cqveggiefinds

Points +6878

08 Mar 2018

really really good, even for non-vegetarians! - Edit

I was here with classmates and counterparts from Shanghai, they’re not vegetarian or vegans.
We ordered Nasi Goreng Kampong, Fried Carrot Cake, Hokkien Mee, Masala Dosa, Murtabak, Horfun, curry chicken and more.

All of them tasted amazing, though a bit greasy. My friends from Shanghai really enjoyed the food and not for one moment knew the food are all plant-based.

Will come back again

Pros: great for large groups, really fast service, very good variety of Malay, Indian and Chinese dis

Cons: greasy

MissAshley

Points +67

Mostly Vegetarian
01 Jan 2018

Indian vegetarian - Edit

One of the best indian vegetarian cusine in Singapore suitable for Jains. Authentic tasting indian flavours. Their mock mutton nasi briyani is one of the best Ive had. Beware of their spices, too spicy at times for me.

If you like Indian cusine, you like Gokul.

Pros: Great flavors, Great variety

Cons: MSG added to food

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gokul Vegetarian Restaurant - Little India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.