Contact +4799316810

Frognerveien 33, Oslo, Norway, 0263

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mostly organic ingredients sourced from small organic farms in Norway. All dishes are made-in-house. Has vegan meals. Bakery on premises. Sunday brunch. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Mirja Love RAW

Oh, No, Not Another Farm-To-Table Non Veg Place - Edit

Okay..I really wanted to like this place. The local farm-to-table concept is such an ideal vision to me. I picture all of these outrageously wonderful, seasonal vegetables and fruits making their way from right down the street that morning and to my plate that night. All in their magnificent natural glory. Unfortunately, the whole local farm-to-table concept in reality is some other kinda creature. Sure, there are vegetables...there are fruits, but they're totally doused in...drowning in...covered with MEAT..and dairy sauces. Why? Why take something so grand and wonderful and then try to camouflage it? So, the vegetable dishes they made for us were due to our requests to "remove this" and "add this" and they were fairly accommodating/patient. It was good, but man, I don't want to have to struggle with an order at a place that is brimming with vegetables and fruits! Oh..and it was super pricey, the tables were so close together it was more like communal eating. As we were leaving and I was trying to squeeze between the tables (dude, I'm 93 lbs) my bag knocked over one of the water glasses...sending it crashing down to the floor and, oh yes, it splattered everywhere. I mean everywhere. Everyone looked at me like I had just taken off all of my clothes and announced I was their new leader. So, I guess one could say this is a fancy place where small mistakes are not taken too kindly to.

Pros: Accommodated vegan request, Decent little store downstairs, Clean

Cons: Super pricey, Small, Wait time

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kolonihagen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1623 times since Jul 2012.