Kiku Sushi

510-525-5458

1316 Gilman St, Berkeley, California, USA, 94706

Serves meat, vegan options available. Features an extensive & impressive vegan menu with a handful of appetizers, rolls & salads, lots of sushi, a couple dozen maki, some soup, several specials including teriaki and chirashi, and a couple of desserts. Longstanding neighborhood place you could liken to a vegan restaurant within a restaurant.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sportsoul

cute lil place! - Edit

Excellent quality authentic Japanese food. Huge vegan menu, not your average avocado rolls. Small place so best to call ahead. Great service as well.

Unknown Vegan Gem - Edit

Came here a few times with pescetarian and omnivore eaters and was very happy with their Veggie Sushi Combo, though a single selection on the menu. Happily surprised at subsequent visit when handed a 'Vegan Menu' with countless selections - appetizers, combos, sushi, nigiri, rolls, specials, and desert.
Initially went for the Chirashi Special, which had a mix of items that I had apprehension with - I thought the flavors would not be enjoyable, but I was wrong. I found the Chirashi Special a seemingly endless treat of exploding flavors. Well done Kiku Sushi.
I also enjoy their rolls. Veggie Sushi Combo is a sampler treat. Very inspiring place. I have reservation that once the news gets out Kiku Sushi will be overwhelmed, but then I think yes, overwhelm them with vegan love. We can enjoy the flavors and fun of a sushi bar without harming our ocean creatures and environment.

Pros: Huge selection, Friendly staff, Inventive menu

Cons: Small and busy, Secret place won't be secret forever, 4 star limit b/c veg friendly not full veg

Return to Berkeley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kiku Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.