Khasiyat

Contact 407-888-2147

852 W Lancaster Rd Ste B, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32809

Orlando Indian vegetarian restaurant featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet. Tell a staff you are vegan, and s/he will direct you away from the few dairy items. Very informal and low key; previously located on Lancaster Rd. Open Mon 10:30am-8:30pm, Wed-Sun 10:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by VeggieGamer

Basic but good - Edit

On arrival at Khasiyat, I realised that it was the good Indian place I'd been to previously, but could not remember the name. My fault for not reviewing it for the Happy Cow back then!

On both occasions, we had the buffet. The non-vegan items were pointed out to me (and to other customers who came in and said they were vegan), and I still had quite a bit of choice, including dhokla, and some curries. The breads, puri and roti, were cooked fresh and brought to us. The aubergine curry was a rich, earthy delight, though the mixed beans reminded me a little of anaemic British baked beans. There were toasted bread rolls and a mince-style curry intended to be poured over them (pau bhaji, I think), and a spectacular carrot pickle with lots of mustard.

The Omnivore expressed delight on arrival, and remains happy to eat here.

Pros: cheap, filling

Cons: basic, disposables used

great Indian food! - Edit

I made a special trip to this restaurant because I live on the other side of town, and it was a little hard to find, so make sure you take a good copy of directions with you. We arrived late and missed the lunch buffet because we got lost, but the owners were VERY nice and prepared a sample platter with vegan items from the buffet especially for us! Just make sure you tell them you do not eat dairy (ghee, yogurt, etc). The restaurant was very informal, but neat & clean, and they had a funny Bollywood movie playing on their TV while we ate. Worth the trip.

Pros: inexpensive, great food, nice owners

Cons: location

Not very fancy, but delicious food - Edit

After struggling to find this restaurant (the address was incorrect), we finally arrived. It's a medium sized business in the middle of a small strip center.

The food is clearly intended to be taken out of buffet style. They do have a menu, and we tried numerous entrees, but they don't have the normal restaurant equipment. Meals are eaten off of Styrofoam plates (taken off the buffet), they only have plastic and styrofoam, very simple set up.

But the food was delicious - not to oily - and was completely vegetarian.

We went on a Friday night, and the place was completely empty (distressingly so!). But without a doubt, as long as I don't need anything fancy, I'd eat there again.

Pros: Vegetarian, Good Fare, Friendly

Cons: Very informal, Throwaway dining gear, Empty

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Khasiyat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4790 times since Aug 2007.