First Review by Suchandra

The best staff, committed to non-GMO & organic - Edit

We stopped at Keaau Natural Foods based on review thinking there was a deli. There was not, but there were a few premade vegan sandwiches in the cooler. The store and selections were small, but what was available was of the best quality, and the incredibly helpful staff explained the store's commitment to sourcing only non-GMO, organic, local products. We needed a few bulk nut items that were not available, but felt great about buying other quality ingredients for our meals at the store. We loved the West-Coast tofu that was sold in the cooler, I forgot the small company's name.

Pros: Best staff on the island, non-GMO, organic , lots of vegan shelf items

Cons: no deli, small produce section

nice veg-Place - Edit

Great options, Friendly stuff!
Whish they would have more sugar free food. But they have so much fresh food and there is a great farmers market next door where I buy the things (organic and local) I can't find in my favorite store around Hilo!
Highly recommended. And - hint for the mothers here: they support breastfeeding , so go there for nursing!

Pros: good selection , excellent herbs , nice staff

Cons: tons of Dietary supplements, Sugar free is rarely

I Always go to Keaau Natural Food store - Edit

They are VERY vegetarian friendly and they have the best bulk section on this side of the island. They have all the spices too. And the people that work there are friendly, helpful, and relaxed. A local chef sells really good vegetarian meals to go there too.. Sometimes they have exotic fruits .... A very comfortable place.

Pros: Mainly Veg, Great herb section, Nice people

Cons: need more org chips, no hot green chillies, no raw milk :-D

Return to Keaau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Keaau Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.