First Review by aeclarke

Vegan friendly-ish. - Edit

There were three dishes on the menu that were vegan or could be made vegan. They're not labelled, but the server was knowledgable and pointed them out when i asked. I went for the Seasonal Vegetable Paella. It tasted very fresh, had lots of flavour and an interesting variety of ingredients.

I didn't have a reservation for a table, but the full menu was available at the bar. It was pretty busy, but not too uncomfortable to eat there.

The music was Caribbean sounding and there was only one TV showing sport; a pretty cool place overall.

Pros: Great food

Very good, creative vegetarian cuisine - Edit

We've eaten here several times and enjoyed every time. The best was the vegetarian prix fixe offered once a month. While expensive, the food was really exceptional. They offered both beer and wine pairings with the meal. The beer paring was well thought out, and featured several beers I've never had before (and that's saying something).

On other occasions, we've had several of their regular vegetarian offerings. All were very good. We especially like the Jerk Tacos. They are very spicy, but very delicious.

The place is small, and can get loud when crowded.

Pros: Food

Cons: Expensive, Loud

Strip District Vegetarian - Edit

This place was excellent. Went here on a trip to the Strip District. The portions were huge and everything was great! I order the Jerk Tofu Tacos and they had a really good kick to them. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an exotic lunch or dinner while in the Strip District.

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kaya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2275 times since Aug 2007.