Kabob and Curry

• Veg-friendly
Contact 401-273-8844

261 Thayer St, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 02906-1324

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food with the usual meat stuff but vegetarian and gluten free items are clearly indicated on the menu. Open daily.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by hrefna

Great Vegan Options! - Edit

Seeing that there hasn't been a review in several years - I wanted to let everyone know that Kabob and Curry is still going strong. Over the past few years the menu has evolved to now having a vegan section with several clearly labeled vegan items. Sunday afternoons feature a lunch buffet with two tiered pricing - a price for vegans and a price for meat eaters (on the honor system!) Most of the buffet is vegan - so there's plenty to pick from. Staff will visit the table to see if you are vegan - if so, they will make sure that a vegan bread is made for you!

Pros: Clearly marked vegan menu items, Excellent service

delicious - Edit

The food served here is so delicious. There are clearly marked vegan options, and basically all of them are delicious. Its a great place to go with non vegan friends because its a cute restaurant, its classy enough to feel a lot better than eating at Fridays or something, but casual enough to just drop for lunch any time. There is all kinds of food on the menu and the portions will leave you feeling stuffed! I always end up taking some back home. I love this place, wish it was all vegan!

Pros: good portions, delicious , nice atmosphere

Cons: sells meat, and dairy

Low Key, Tasty, Indian Food on Thayer Street - Edit

I wasn't quite sure what I was letting myself in for at the Kabob and Curry - the place didn't look like much and the restaurant's speakers were blaring out hindipop that made it hard to carry on a conversation, but I was very pleasantly surprised by my dinner, which was absolutely delicious and very healthy. They have an excellent tandoori oven and my tandooried vegetables were spiced to perfection and melted in my mouth. Served on a large bed of salad it made a substantial and utterly yummy meal! I also had a gluten-free bread made of chickpea flour stuffed with onions and spices that was very good. And I sampled some aloo gobi, which was OK, but nothing special.

Vegans should be careful here, I was surprised by the paneer that I found in my tandoori veg, but not upset because I am a vegetarian. But if you are a vegan you might want to ask ahead to see if they would sub it for something else, I'm sure they would, the menu said that anything in the paneer section could be made with tofu or potatoes instead.

Pros: Delicious food, lots of veg options, friendly staff

Cons: noisy

Return to Providence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kabob and Curry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1112 times since Jan 2012.