CLOSED: Just Falafel

Contact +90-212-3800334

Hasfirin Cad, Unit 72/2, Sinanpasa Mah, Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey,

First outlet in Turkey of this vegetarian fast food chain. Menu is based around falafel with international variations, e.g. Indian style, American style, Mexican. Meal deals, sides such as french fries, hummus, dips, salads and desserts available. REPORTED SHUT BY HC MEMBER.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Middle Eastern, Turkish

First Review by SG213

Delicious Falafels - Edit

I was very excited when I heard Just Falafel! will come to Turkey.I hope that this fast-food chain will grow in Turkey and more people will understand how vegetarian meals are healthy and delicious !
So,I2ve tried original falafel and I liked it.Bu I sometimes oreder it without the pickles.I think it's better.
Once I've ordered an original falafel but htye put french fries in it instead of pickles.It was strange and not tasty.But it was once.
Once I tried the japanese falafel warpa but I didn't like it cause it was very very spicy.For ones who don't love spicy meals, I don't suggest to buy japanese wrap.
Unfortunately this restaurant hasn't got any franchise at shopping malls.That would be cool.
And from the desserts there is only pita bread with nutella.
But still, I think they got a normal menu and the falafels are very delicious!
Prices are ok.

Pros: Original Wrap, Clean

Cons: Pickles and Fries in Wrap, Only two of it in whole city :)

Just OK - Edit

I was very excited when I heard that Just Falafel was coming to Turkey, since there are very few exclusively veg. places in the city or country (if you exclude Cig kofte), and a vegetarian chain is unheard of.

It's maybe no surprise then that Just Falafel doesn't really live up to expectations.

Their menu is based around some new interpretations of the traditional Falafel sandwich or wrap. They look interesting on the menu and everything is done very professionally.

However, it suffers badly from menu picture syndrome - what you eventually get after ordering isn't half as appetising as suggested by the photos. Part of the problem is that the wraps are flattened panini-style before serving, which leaves the falafels dull and soft.

Also, there isn't a whole lot of difference between some of the menu options - e.g. the "Anadolu" and "JF Sandwich". The Original with tahina is not too bad. The Indian with coriander and Quesadilla with Jalapeno peppers are mildly interesting in a country where you don't often get those flavours.

The fries are OK but nothing to get excited about. The best thing about them is you can be certain that they haven't been sitting next to a slab of Doner meat for a few hours. The takeaway hummus is pretty good though. I didn't try the salads. The prices are about average for Istanbul.

Ultimately, it's veggie fast food, functional but uninspiring. There are some better options for falafel in Istanbul, but if Just Falafel do expand in Turkey then it would at least certainly be a better option than the local McDonald's or Burger King, if stuck for a quick bite to eat.

Pros: Menu is all veg., Good location, Friendly staff

Cons: Dull food

Return to Istanbul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Just Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 927 times since Jun 2013.