Juice and Java

305-531-6675

1346 Washington Ave (at South Beach), Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33139

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has juices, vegetarian and vegan food options. Note the soy cheese is not vegan. Also sells cereal and snacks for take home.

Category: American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Lisa

Great place!! - Edit

There were a lot of vegan options and the food was really good.
The decoration was really cute.
A few minutes from South Beach. Highly recommend!

Great vegan options - Edit

Loved the variety of vegan options from wraps, salads, smoothies and quinoa bowls. The restaurant was very cute with a hipster vibe, nice music. Great service, very friendly!
One wish: I wish they had more options for breakfast that weren't an oatmeal. Wish they had a tofu scrabble or vegan waffles or something like that. But great lunch options. I had a quinoa bowl that was so big and very yummy and satisfying, which made great leftovers the next day too!

Pros: variety of options , healthy, yummy, fun atmosphere

Good food and Service - Edit

Good vegan stuff. Many vegetarian dishes. Good smoothies. Just sad they come in a single use cup. Even when you eat there. Also dressings come in a little throw away plastic bowl. Not necessary. The location is nice.

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Single use plastic

Great place!!!! - Edit

Amazing fresh food, a lot of vegan options.
If you are visiting in Miami you have to come here!

great place - Edit

Great selection of smoothies and breakfast/brunch/lunch foods. Creative decor. We are glad we found this spot.

Pros: extensive list of smoothies , nicely decorated plates

Great spot -- vegan breakfast options limited - Edit

We enjoyed this spot. The staff was very friendly, and the coffee and juices were great. The breakfast options were pretty limited for vegans, and basically consisted of only oatmeal (which comes with choice of banana, apple, cinnamon, honey, berries, etc.). Most breakfast items had egg. The lunch options are much more diverse and vegan-friendly, with a lot of really great wraps and salads, including tofu dishes.

Amazing deluxe wraps! - Edit

I absolutely loved this place during my stay in South Beach. I can highly recommend trying the deluxe wraps, they're all amazing. The normal wraps need a bit more flavor.

The staff is friendly, you get some fruit infused water as soon as you sit down, and they offer vegan cheese.

Pros: good price, very tasty, fruit infused water

Great variety of vegan food and juices - Edit

Juice and Java offers great vegan options despite it not being a fully vegan restaurant. It is a great space with many juice and smoothie options. The food is well prepared and super tasty.

Pros: great location , variety and quality , friendly service

highly recommend! - Edit

Loved this place! Had a cute coffee shop like feel with outdoor seating. I got a steamed vegetable platter topped with a veggie burger, which was vegan, made in house, and excellent. We also got a fruit bowl topped with coconut and walnuts. My husband is an omnivore and really liked it too.

Amazing - Edit

They offer a huge variety of smoothies and natural juices! Also they have great breakfast like acai-bowl and so on.... Go there and you won't be disappointed!

Morning Juice - Edit

Go get your morning drink! They have more combos then a Waffle House.

Good place with juices and vegan options in sobe - Edit

It's nice to have Juice and Java in south beach. You can get freshly made juices, but honestly they're just ok, not the best tasting juice. And good avocado salad. 4 stars mostly b/c of the location. Medium quality ingredients.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 20, 2014

Pros: Location

Cons: Juice quality not the best

Loved it! - Edit

When I stayed in Miami for a week, this was my go-to breakfast/brunch place. I loved it, every dish ordered was delicious and healthy.

Pros: vegan, fresh raw juice made to order, price

Cons: slow

Juice & Java - Edit

I stopped by here after my failed attempt to eat at Escopazzo (they were closed), as Juice and Java is across the street. I ordered a smoothie (strawberry, banana, orange, etc.) and tried to ask what was vegan but was not treated very nice by the staff, needless to say, I just got the smoothie and left. They did have a little container with sweets in it that said vegan options, but when I tried asking what was vegan the staff member couldn't (or was unwilling) to tell me...I don't know what her deal was, busy or not. The smoothie was OK.

Delicious and Dissapointing all in one - Edit

My boyfriend and I visited today and we loved the vibe, menu, and cupcakes : ). However, I wish I had checked Happy cow before visiting to learn that the soy cheese was not vegan.

We asked the staff if the soy cheese was vegan and they looked at us like we had three heads and insisted that yes it was. We ordered the quesadilla and veggie burger melt and they were both really delicious, but I was really upset to come home and find the cheese had casein. The staff on South Beach wasn't really helpful and were kind of rude when we were asking about vegan options. We asked specifically for our meals to be completely vegan, explained what it was, and they just brushed us off. Both of our meals came with a sauce that seemed like it was probably not vegan, though of course I do not know as they did not have a good grasp on the concept even after I told them.

I was unsettled by their lack of understanding and the fact that I had probably just eaten a meal full of milk and possibly eggs as well (in the veggie burger). Even if they did not have an understanding of veganism they could have taken more time to listen to us and consider what we were saying.

I contacted Alex through the email on their website and told him/her everything I said here. I was delighted to receive this email:

Hi Chelsea,
> I'm glad you discovered us and will hopefully continue to patronize Juice&Java.
> I can only apologize and promise to look into the south beach staffs conduct.
> As far as the soy cheese and veggie burgers go, they are soya kaas and
> Boca burger, respectively.
> I just checked and you are indeed correct about the caseine. We will
> be switching to follow your heart asap.
> Thanks for the tip :)
> Regards,
> Alex

The verdict: It was dissapointing to eat a non vegan meal but if they really change their cheese I think we should definitely go out and support them for being so great and listening to their vegan customers!

Pros: great response from Alex, extensive menu with or without v. cheese

Cons: pushy staff, eating casein

A vegan's dream cafe - Edit

My spouse and I were in South Beach for vacation for six days and I think that we ate at least one of our meals here daily. They have a very large menu with tons of vegan options. I loved the falalel as it was baked and had some sprouts in it. Tasty and healthy! There was a lot of variety in salads, smoothies, juices, wraps, pita melts, platters, and desserts. They had vegan cupcakes brought in daily and lots of other vegan treats for sale.
I was also very impressed that the juices and smoothies are so fresh. I have been to places that have pre-juiced many commonly used items. Not here. I ordered the 'Green Life' juice three times that week as it was the closest to my daily juice I make at home. This juice had spinach, cucumber, celery, apple, ginger, and parsley. It was fresh and delicious. I was thrilled to have this restaurant available to me during my vacation. Finding healthy vegan food when travelling can be such a struggle, but not this time!

Pros: healthy, lots of options, large portions

Cons: none

yum right by beach! - Edit

conveniently by the beach and handy for our brekky, dejeuner and dinner munchies!

great hospitable staff!

awesome food!

Pros: convenient location, south beach, vegan healthy

A getaway from all those pizza/fast food joints - Edit

Came here for lunch on a rainy day. Had the lentil soup and the green rice pilaf. The soup was just so-so, bit salty and too watery to my liking; but the green rice pilaf was quite excellent. Would definitely come back when in town again.

Pros: huge menu, central location, good value

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Juice and Java closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.