Thai House

Contact 305-531-4841

1137 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33139

Serves meat, vegan options available. South Beach Thai food place. Staff know what vegan diets means even though menu is meat-heavy. Could get pad Thai without egg and fish sauce, tofu salad with peanut sauce. Ask your server about ordering entrees with tofu instead of meat.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Georgeboe

Good food, big portions - Edit

Good authentic thai kitchen, friendly, quiet. We had a soup and spring rolls that were veganised. They said every meal could be veganised. For main course we had mixed vegetables and tofu with vegs. Both portions were very large and hard to finish. So go here for great value. Outside you sit nice and quiet. Prices are ok for Miami Beach area. Overall really recommendable.

Pros: Good food, portions, value

Always a good vegan solution - Edit

Sometimes it is hard to find vegan food... Here I had a great vegan lunch with no worries. I loved the spring rolls, the Thai salad and the papaya salad. Nice place, fast service, they put flowers in the dishes... So nice!

Pros: vegan options , nice place

Good Thai; Be careful about fish sauce - Edit

Thai House is a good Thai restaurant with limited offering for vegan entrees. At first they said no problem omitting fish sauce but then another server came to table and told us only certain dishes can be made without oyster or fish sauce.

Brown rice costs $2 extra, which always amazes me why restaurants feel the need to charge for at most one cup of cooked brown rice. I can buy a 20-pound sack of brown, basmati rice for $18, and that would be a lot of cups! I guess they want us to be unhealthy eating white rice.

The spices were mild but they did bring out a spice tray that we could use to add some more heat.

Good Thai food -- vegan-friendly - Edit

We tried this Thai restaurant based on HappyCow's recommendation and not wanting to walk very far from our hotel. It was pretty good, and the staff was very knowledgeable about what dishes had fish sauce and which ones could be made without it. They were helpful in choosing vegan-friendly items, and they have a tofu section on the menu, including tofu with fresh basil, tofu with cashews, etc. The summer rolls and the pad thai with vegetables were also very good. We wanted the yum tofu appetizer, but they explained that it was made with fish sauce and could not be made vegan.

Great Veggie & Vegan Thai Options - Edit

Went here for dinner & really enjoyed it. An abundance of veggie options on the menu. I picked veg pad Thai & requested no egg & fish sauce so it became vegan. Loved the veg spring rolls. Lots of Tofu options & Tofu curries.

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.