Jo's

Contact 512-469-9003

242 W 2nd St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78701

Serves meat, vegan options available. In downtown Austin, with a veggie burger and a vegetarian BBQ plus soy and rice milk option for drinks. Bottled juices. 2015 reported no more veggie hot dog. Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by esestud

I wouldn't trust this place - Edit

We were hungry and without internet, so we stayed and ate here.

The guy behind the counter had no idea what was vegan, and he told me that the chilli dog was NOT VEGAN after checking with the kitchen....so considering the other reviews, make of that what you will.
They had a philly-style burger thingy which they assured us was vegan, using some faux meat (possibly jackfruit?) which we then agreed to share. I personally didn't actually like it, very tangy and messy (but I think a lot of american food is like that, and so is jackfruit).
But hey, we gave it a go, it was a nice sunny day, we sat out front with a drink and made the most of it.

I personally wouldn't return though due to their lack of knowledge and not trusting it.

Pros: sitting out front in the sun

Cons: confusion over vegan options, limited options

Pretty okay - Edit

I came here with my family of meat-eaters, because it all of us could find something to eat. I got the veggie chili dog; it was pretty good the only thing I didn't like was they put this "cheese" stuff on it and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out if it was real cheese or vegan, so I didn't eat it,

Pros: Good drinks

Cons: Rude staff, The price

Not much variety for vegans, but filling - Edit

I had the veggie chili dog with avocados and fries, and it stuffed me really well. The burger patty (wheat roast) is not vegan because it has eggs, so either the chili dog or the eggplant sandwhich (supposedly) would be fine. Service was quick and they served a generous portion of fries, so it was quite filling. I would definitely consider eating here again if I happen to stop by in the future.

Pros: Food

Cons: Parking, Price

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jo's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2436 times since May 2010.