Jade-Imbiss

• Vegetarian
Contact 0211-156788

Dürener Str. 42, Düsseldorf (at corner of Aachener Str.), Dusseldorf, Germany, 40223

Chinese vegetarian restaurant. Specialties are the various mock meats. Small shop, mostly takeaway with limited indoor seating available. English menu available on request. Non-vegan dishes clearly marked. Closed on Mon, except public holidays. If holiday is on Mon, closed on following Tue.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Asian

First Review by hack_man

Good vegetarian/vegan take away - Edit

There was a good range of choices on the menu and the food was good quality with the prices very reasonable. The non-vegan items are marked. It is mainly for take away but there is a couple of small tables that can be used if you want to eat in. I would visit again if I am ever back in Düsseldorf.

Pros: Cheap, Good food

mock meat in perfection - Edit

The imbiss delivers typical Chinese food with tofu or mock meat. Non-vegan dishes (with egg) are clearly labeled. The "duck" is imitated so well that one could be afraid of eating meat. Deliver takes up to 1 1/2 hours but they tell you at the phone.

Pros: delicious food, very good mock meat

Cons: long delivery time

Mmmmmh - Edit

Really nice place. Although sitting in there is not that comfortable the food is always rewarding you with a good feeling. Everything is super tasty, mock meats are almost the best I ever tasted. The nicest and most kind man on earth used to work there, I hope he's still doing so.

Pros: tasty, almost all vegan, moderate prices

Cons: can be a littler crammed

Veggie Delivery at It's Best - Edit

Food is just great, staff is from Taiwan, so you need to be clear when ordering. Just say NoEGG and all dishes become vegan. They even use no Fishsauce. Yes during rush hour deliver may take some time - up to 1,5h. But the food is worth it.

Pros: Taste, Price

My favorite vegan, healthy, fast-food Restaurant - Edit

This is one of my favorite places in the area. The food is always fresh and super tasty. I love the rice noodles, the saté fake meat, the curry, the wantan....... Take-out and home delivery possible.

Decent vegan & glutenfree dishes - Edit

I have ordered from them a couple of times and have had a variety of their foods. Some were excellent, the majority was totally ok, and one dish was really bad and neither my husband nor I would finish it (don't remember which one though).

They always took 45-60mins to arrive which they said in advance and were always on time or earlier.

The food is nothing too spectalucar to me, but I highly appreciate them having a wide range of vegan and even glutenfree dishes that are just an hour away if you don't feel like cooking after a long day.

Pros: Nice range of asian dishes, Always friendly and on time

well worth it - Edit

I read the reviews on this restaurant & decided to give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised. It is small with seating for 10 & busy. Basically a take away spot. The food was freshly made and excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Big portions.

Pros: wine & beer

Cons: Small

Good food and friendly people - Edit

We were there to have some birthday dinner with some friends. The atmosphere was a little bit disappointing, because it's really not a restaurant, more a take-away shop.
The menue was great, there were so many vegan options, almost everything could be made vegan. I choose vegetables with Fake-chicken and fake-meatballs in a sweet-sour sause with rice. The portion was really big, so i couldn't order a desert, cause i was so full. The staff was really friendly and nice and vegan was no problem for them. The food was good, but nothing you couldn't make on your own. All in all i would recommend it!

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Cons: atmosphere

Never again - Edit

It was 7:15pm on a Sunday evening. My wife and myself ordered a delivery. This is where things were not good, bad telephone quality during the ordering, they are busy and will take 45 Min to 1 hour, at 8:35 our food arrived. Soggy chips and well the meals are not worth talking about, after just a few bites we decided to throw them all away and make a better tasting sandwich instead.I will defiantly never order from them again.

Cons: unsatisfactory

a must-visit and re-visit - Edit

i've been here loads of times and always enjoyed the food. i agree with the other reviews: great mock meat, versatile menu, good main dishes as well as sides, interesting drinks, friendly staff....

i do like my curries spicy, and when i asked the staff to add a little extra kick for me, i didnt notice the curry to be any different than when i ordered it without the special request. the hot and sour soup, however, does offer what it promises.

Pros: neat drinks, friendly staff, take out

Cons: out of the city center, no alcohol, small dining area

SO GOOD!!! - Edit

I agree extremely friendly staff. Small inside but its nice, we were there early on a sunday around 1730. I made sure it my meal was vegan, I had curry with chicken. Really wonderful flavour, yellow type curry. Great selection of vegetables- something that I rarely see in most mock meat meals. Spring rolls were very nice too. My boyfriend had the kung poh, he says "it was nicely spiced" and from what I tasted it was really good.. with cashews too. I would definately go again! But there are many choices.. would be nice to had some code on the menu for dishes that are or are not vegan. but otherwise nice. I managed to figure out the menu in german without knowing any german

Pros: so many chocies, good flavour, great people

Cons: coding for vegan choices, english menu.. if possible

tasty and fast - Edit

A friendly team works this tiny restaurant. There's barely enough room for the 3 tables inside. The food was hot and tasty, but nothing really new or exciting. It is the usual fake-meat vegan asian place but it was exactly what I was looking for. :)

Pros: fast, hot food, great tasting

Cons: tiny inside

Taste of China (and europe too) - Edit

Super little chinese take away with about 10 seats for dining. Ultra friendly staff preparing food from fresh and healthy ingredients. Huge range of dishes such as curry, chop suey, sweet and sour, kung pao with a choice of mock meats such as 'chicken' and 'duck' as well as tofu. They also serve European spaghetti dishes such as bolognaise and and I can honestly say that I have had much worse in authentic Italian restaurants. Wonderful place, ideal for a lunch time meal or a late evening take-away.

Pros: range of dishes, friendly staff, quality of food

Cons: little out of town, no alcohol

Return to Dusseldorf Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jade-Imbiss closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3381 times since Jun 2008.