iVegan

• Vegan
Contact +86-21-50586016

87 Song Lin Road, Pudong (at near Zhang Yang Road), Shanghai, China,

Chinese name 爱源素. Opened by the owners of Loving Hut Shanghai (shut Jan 2013). Provides all vegan food. English spoken. Prices cheap to moderate. Quiet place with Wi-Fi. Take line6, exit 4, and walk for 5 minutes.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by VegMan77

always a solid meal!! - Edit

everything I've tried I've enjoyed.. very affordable and staff is always kind and helpful.. definitely don't come to Shanghai and miss this place!!

Pros: affordable, diverse menu

Excellent, but not Cheap - Edit

One of the few truly vegan restaurants in Shanghai. Food is delicious, but serving sizes a bit small.

The servers are quite friendly and do know English. Menu in both English and Chinese.

If you are trying to minimize oil intake, then you may want to ask for a bowl of hot water to rinse your food. Although quite tasty, it is also quite oily. Two men from the Middle East also remarked to the server that the food was quite oily.

The price is more moderate or higher; different that what is shown in the write-up for iVegan.

We definitely recommend iVegan and will make sure to stop in again the next time we are in the area. Also, when using the iPhone native map, the directions are spot on!

Pros: Friendly, English speaking staff, Will accept Alipay, and other CC, Good tasting; totally vegan

Cons: Food is on the oily side, portions a bit on the small side

Excellent - Edit

I came here with a couple of vegan friends, and one meat eater, who became converted to tofu after trying the 'stinky tofu with edamame' here! All the food we tried was excellent, and the service was quick even when it was crowded. I came back the next day to try more of the menu.

Pros: Lots of interesting choices, Very tasty, Friendly staff

Solid A- - Edit

I ordered iVegan for delivery through Sherpa's- I didn't eat in the restaurant, so I don't know about its ambiance and maybe the food was a little less warm because of the travel time. That said, it came within 40 minutes, so I was very happy with the prompt service.

For the boiled tofu wraps (which were really good, nice as an appetizer to share with someone plus one or two other starters), kong pao "chicken" (tofu?), and boiled broccoli, plus 15rmb for delivery, total was about 90rmb with good portions. The food was all super delicious, definitely inspired by Chinese cuisine but not as heavy as food in most local restaurants, but the menu definitely specializes in mock meats. It's a great treat, but I wish the dishes were a little more creative and featured more vegetables in them instead of having to order them separately.

I'd definitely eat iVegan again, but I'd make the effort to go to the restaurant in person rather than order delivery next time.

Pros: good value, lots of mock meats, good portions

Cons: dishes could be more creative

Delicious food, lovely place - Edit

Cozy atmosphere, friendly staff, english and pictured menù. So many choices you wish you could order anything! I had a long stop over in Shanghai and came to eat here from pudong airport. With the Maglev+Metro it takes about half an hour: definitely worth it!! I enjoyed everything about this place and I definitely recommend it.
Only do not count on their wi-fi, as usual in China, it works only if you have a chinese phone number.

Pros: excellent food, nice vibe, friendly staff

The kids and I love it! - Edit

We haven't been to the restaurant but get delivery frequently. The food is always delicious and I love not worrying that what I receive will come with the dreaded Chinese "meat surprise," as I like to call it. My kids fight over who gets the last of the "meatballs" and my favorites are the Gong Bao "chicken" and spareribs. We love this place!

I have experienced rude staff. - Edit

Hello everyone, this restaurant is clean the food is mainly frozen or not home made and tastes a bit strange, but it is acceptable, however i had a very inconvenient situation,a English speaking waitress forced me to change table in the middle of a meal, and she was quite un-polite rude i might say, I didn't understand the reason because there was a lot of empty tables all around big and small tables, later i realize it was some sort of demand from Chinese that were eating near and wanted my table for some weird reason maybe because it was near the window... So aspect strong racism towards foreigners!

Pros: clean, quite , it is vegan

Cons: mainly frozen food, not foreigner friendly, staff needs improvement

Great little restaurant. - Edit

Food vegan and excellent, great choice. English speaking owner. consider booking as gets full. Chinese food good portions and atmosphere. waiting to go again.Little difficult to find.

Great Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

As other reviews have said this place serves great food in a welcoming interior with a nice ambience. The food was fairly typical Chinese-style vegetarian food with many mock-meat and vegetable dishes, and it was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. I was recommended this place for when I had only one day in Shanghai, and it didn't disappoint. It was easy to find and a short walk from the subway, not far from where the maglev train terminates. It was good to find the restaurant full when I arrived. This place is a must-visit while in Shanghai.

Pros: delicious vegan food, friendly staff, easy to get to and find

Great quality food with a nice ambiance - Edit

I was sad to know that Loving Hut near Fudan University has closed, but happier to learn that they have transferred to a more convenient location offering a more wonderful restaurant ambiance. What I loved about this place is the warmth and passion of its owners and staff who treat customers like best friends and go out of their way to make people feel welcome. The food at Ivegan is always tasty, delicious and freshly cooked. It never disappoints. At the same time, it's very reasonably priced. This place is a must-visit for all vegetarians and vegans stopping by Shanghai.

Pros: good value, delicious food, great and friendly staff

Cons: none

New location, vegan food - Edit

The fomer owner of the Loving Hut opened this nice restaurant only a few days ago. The food is delicious and the menu card offers a wide choice of vegan dishes. There are fekemeats as well as fanciful and well flavoured vegtables.
I'll be sure to visit this place again. I added some photos of my chosen dishes.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value for money

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has iVegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4310 times since May 2013.