Iris Book Cafe

513-381-2665

1331 Main St, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe in the heart of OTR with lots of books and records to peruse while having a vegan latte or eating a vegan pastry or sandwich. Vegan items are marked. It offers more choices for vegans than other coffee shops in the area. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri 8:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SarahBaker

Nice Tucked Away Gem on Main - Edit

UPDATE: Iris has way more vegan options now! A Mexican Bowl, a peanut noodle bowl and drum roll: A vegan cheese coney with field roast dog and daiya chz! Whoa.
Pro-tip: Ask them to melt daiya on top. It's not good cold. I heard they have tofutti cream cheese if you ask too.

This is one of my favorite coffee shops. The owner bakes vegan chocolate chip cookies and vegan raspberry oat bars. Sometimes she makes peanut butter cookies. I like the coffee, too. It's from a local roaster.

Books line the walls as well as an art exhibition that rotates every month.

They have a small selection of food that has some great vegan options. There's the hummus sandwich and the tempeh salad sandwich. The hummus sandwich sounds boring but it's not. It's served on local bread baked right down the street and loaded with fresh veggies. Even the salad is good and I never say that. I don't know how they do it. It's just a tasty salad. They offer smoothies but I don't get them because I make mine at home. I've heard they're good. And can be made vegan. The menu gives you a choice of milks and fruits and then you just tell them what you want in it. I am also glad they offer GT's kombucha because sometimes I just want a kombucha and there are only two places (Park+Vine is the other) to get them in the inner city.

There's also seating outside which is nice. And there's ample sitting spaces inside.

Updated from previous review on 2015-11-02

Pros: Baked goods, Vegan cheese coney!, Tempeh salad sandwich

Cons: Easy to stay for a long time

mmm baked goods - Edit

Popped in for a vegan bakery treat and walked out with 4 a muffin, a bar, a cookie, and a piece of pumpkin bread. I'm impressed

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Iris Book Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.