First Review by AmarinsNijmegen

Nice burguer - Edit

Had a real good burger, was very tasty and there's several options to choose.

Good burger - Edit

We just got a takeaway burger and it tasted really nice for a good price. I did not dare to eat the dressing because it looked very not vegan but I cannot confirm if it was or wasn't.

Pros: Good food, Fair Price, Quick service

Cons: Not sure everything is vegan

Ok burger - Edit

They claim to be able to veganize any burger in the menu. This however only means that they are willing to remove any topping beside vegetables and BBQ sauce. We ended up getting a plain soy burger with vegetables and sauce next to it on the plate. The burger itself was juicy and nice.

Lots of burger options - Edit

In terms of the soy burger itself, I gather there is only one burger, however it is tasty and there are lots of filling options to go with it. The only sauce on the menu that is vegan is the BBQ sauce, so keep that in mind when you order, but there are actually a couple of other sauces on your table anyway. The bar itself very dark.

Pros: Lots of filling options

Cons: Very dark bar

Pretty good - Edit

All of the burgers can be made veggie, and apparently someone told them that their veg burgers are vegan. Really good burgers, quite a cool bar and the staff were fairly friendly. Recommend popping in if you're looking for a good burger.

Pros: Great tasting burgers, Good location, Great menu

Cons: Not 100% sure they're vegan, Awful toilets

Good burgers, bad service - Edit

I recently contacted Inside via e-mail and they confirmed that the new type of veggies patty they're using in their veggie burgers is vegan, unlike the old one. Do make sure that they are using the new type if you're a vegaan going there, though. The easiest way is to e-mail them, they usually reply quickly and in a polite manner. I booked a table for 10 people and the guy I e-mailed made sure that the chef ordered vegan patties so that they'd have them in when I visited. The waitress however did not seem to understand what thwe word "vegan" meant and at first she brought me a burger with non-vegan dressing on it. When I asked her if it was vegan she said she didn't know. Luckily the chef did and so I finally got my vegan burger about 15 minutes later when everybody else was finished eating. The stupid thing as well is that, if you are ordering a meat burger you get to "double it" by paying a lttle bit extra, however if you want two patties in your vegan burger you need to pay double the price because apparently their register doesn't have "a button for that". To be honest I refused to pay double the price for my Double Metal Heart burger (burger with mushrooms, very nice) because I had to eat it after everyone else was finished, which the otherwiase very rude woman at the register finally and suprisingly agreed to... It's a shame they've got such bad service, because their vegan burgers are great.

Pros: Very good burger, All burgers can be made vegetarian, Affordable

Cons: Very bad service, The place itself doesn't look very nice

All burgers can be made veggie - Edit

This place has a cozy bar atmosphere and has around 25 different burgers on the menu. To our big surprise you can order almost all burgers veggie! The soy burgers are really tasty and have a great texture. Also be sure to orders jalapeño peppers, onion rings and potato wedges on the side, yummie!

Pros: Choice, Great taste, Informal atmosphere

Cons: Waiters don't seem interested, Full and loud place, Expensive (but that's Norway)

Return to Bergen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Inside Rock Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.