Indiya

Contact 856-858-0020

612 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, New Jersey, USA, 08108

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food place. Has a vegetarian section with vegan items marked with a V, including appetizers, breads, entrees, and desserts. Staff is knowledgeable about vegan items.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by butikiteas

Great and Numerous Vegan Options!! - Edit

The vegan options are all clearly marked and there are many to choose from. The service is great, prices moderate and the decor is very nice. A real enjoyable dining experience!

Pros: vegan food, knowledgeable servers, very clean

Cons: none

Great food and service! - Edit

Nice find while visiting Collingswood. If you like Indian food, you will not be disappointed! We started with the RAGDA PATTIES and CRISPY LASOONI GOBI. My husband ordered the VEGETARIAN THALI and I ordered the PANEER LABABDAR. Everything was wonderful. Our server was very knowledgeable and service was fast. But we had too much food and had to take much of it home. Lovely breakfast the next day.

Pros: Great food, Wonderful service

Lovely Indian Food - Edit

I've been to this restaurant a few times with my parents, and it is worth the trip. Menu is clearly marked for vegan and gluten free items, which makes it easier to pick out what you want.

Spicy Corn Soup - Good. You can taste the corn mostly, but I am not so sure about the spicy part.

Crispy Lasooni Gobi - Fantastic. Pretty much fried cauliflower in a garlic-y red sauce.

Gobi Aloo Mutter - Always my favorite when I go out for Indian food. Potatoes, peas, and cauliflower. I ordered it spicy, and it had a good amount of kick. I would have liked it spicier, but it was still great.

I've never had dessert here, but there are a few vegan options (sorbets). I usually opt to go get a vegan milkshake at the Pop Shop down the road instead of sorbet. Once again, I would be giving this a 5 if Happy Cow allowed for it.

Pros: Great Food

Cons: Not Spicy Enough

Delicious Food, Great Service, Veg Friendly - Edit

My husband and I both love this place. The food is a little more on the Americanized side but it is absolutely delicious. There are plenty of vegan & vegetarian options. Vegan & gluten-free items are specially marked. The Crispy Okra Salad is fantastic and I have never liked any okra dishes before. The samosas and onion bhajia are amazing aps. A small side of Dal Makhani comes with the vegan entrees, so I recommend going with one of the other vegan entrees. They even have 2 vegan sorbets for dessert. The atmosphere is great and the place is very clean. The service was very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about vegan issues. Show up at least 30 minutes before closing.

Pros: Tasty Food, Lots of veg options, Fantastic service

Cons: A little on the Americanized side, Stop seating 30 min before closing

Return to Collingswood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indiya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1033 times since Jan 2013.