Thai Basil

856-833-0098

653 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, New Jersey, USA, 08108

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai fusion cuisine. BYOB. Most menu items have an option of tofu & veggies or mock duck or chicken. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 3:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by LisaMckeon

Not very vegan or vegetarian friendly - Edit

My husband and I went here because we had the impression that this restaurant was very vegan-friendly. There are mock duck & mock chicken options on the menu and the words "vegetable" and "vegetarian" scattered throughout the menu; however, this was place was not very vegan-friendly or even vegetarian-friendly. There are only 2 options on the entire menu that can be made without oyster sauce. My husband got one option and I got the other. They were both essentially the same dish except that mine had ginger and his did not. Pretty standard veggies and rice with brown sauce. It was good but not great and we were hoping for something with curry. It was pretty disappointing and we left still hungry. The kitchen was not accommodating at all. The staff was friendly, the service good, and the atmosphere was romantic but it was just not worth it.

Pros: atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: very little veg food, food was only ok

Delightful Dinner! - Edit

My husband and I stopped by here on a Saturday evening while we were in the area. Both the ambiance and our server were very nice. We had the veggie spring rolls and veggie dumplings for appetizers. The spring rolls were just average, but the dumplings were very good, we could tell they were freshly made there. I had the Massaman Curry with tofu and veggies and loved it! Very flavorful with just the right amount of spice. My husband had one of the noodle dishes (sorry I don't remember which one) with mock chicken. It was also very good. Portion sizes were generous. My husband had a hard time finishing his dish and I ended up taking some of mine home. We will make it a point to go back!!!

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice vibe

Cons: vegan items not called out on menu

Return to Collingswood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Basil closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.