India Palace SA

Contact 210-692-5262

8474 Fredericksburg Rd (at Wurzbach), San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78229

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant. Staff is knowledgeable of veg diets. Vegans to inquire about dairy use. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mkzk77

Good but not authentic - Edit

Plenty of vegetarian and vegan options on their menu. Some of them looked authentic, what I had was definitely not authentic, but it tasted very good. If their menu says it's spicy, they're not joking. They have a lunch and dinner buffet, and a menu for dinner.

a regular stop for me - Edit

good comfort food, reasonably priced, consistent and authentic, lots of wonderful vegetarian (some vegan) dishes on the buffet every day.

i loved this place long before i lived here. we used to make a point of eating here before heading home when we'd come to visit every month or two. we needed our 'fix'.

downside: lots of salt, oil and cheese in many dishes that might be even better without ... tho when India Palace recently hosted San Antonio Vegetarian Society monthly meeting, they served us *all vegan* foods ... even more delicious than their standard yummy fare... esp the spinach paneer with soft non-dairy cheese. mmmmmmmm... tastier than the usual soft (dairy) cheese. wish they offered *that* all the time on their buffet!

love the super fresh naan, tho i wish they didn't spread any butter or ghee on it. fun to watch it cook on the big round tandoor(?)

would also love their creamy, rich desserts -- mango and rice puddings -- to be made vegan instead of with dairy.

i'd eat there much more often if my favorites were vegan (and they can be, easily). so i learn to make and enjoy vegan versions of these dishes at home, instead. even the naan.

ironically, we eat here less often than before we moved here. still... i love this place!

Pros: good $$ value, nice dining experience, colorful, inviting buffet

Cons: not enough vegan dishes, too much ghee, salt, cheese , could be GREAT $$ value

Hands Down 1 of the Best Indian Restaurants in SA - Edit

The food is ah-mazing. One of the best Indian restaurants in the city, and I have been to several Indian restaurants because vegetarian Indian cuisine is one of my favorites. Very authentic, taste and quality is consistently excellent and authentic. Service is quick, prices are reasonable. Place is clean. They really do pack 'em in and get a steady crowd. Everytime I've been- whether it was a Monday afternoon or Sunday evening, it was busy. I guess that's the only downside =) Try the Kingfisher beer (from India) it's a wonderful lager with full flavor- it's excellent with curries.

Pros: authentic, delicious buffet, affordable

Cons: need to expand, busy

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India Palace SA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1533 times since Mar 2009.