Vegan-friendly
Take-out
Caribbean
Gluten-free
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean and Caribbean cuisine in the Manchebo Hotel with casual beachfront and poolside dining. Has a separate vegan and vegetarian menu upon request, featuring a number of vegan appetizers, salads, soups, and entrees such as tofu steak, cauliflower steak, and buckwheat vegetable pasta. Vegan items are clearly labeled on the menu, which is available on the website. (Note from HappyCow: They do serve one of our forbidden meats (veal) but we are listing this because they clearly label vegan dishes and because there are few vegan options in this city.) Open Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:30pm.

Venue map for Ike's Bistro
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by mike1366

suzagord

Points +530

06 Dec 2023

Best vegan meal in Aruba

We all loved the elegant atmosphere and beautifully presented food. My favorite so far. Jackfruit salad with a perfectly tiny amount of vegenaise, best soy fish I’ve ever had served with cauliflower gratinee and polenta and an exceptional chocolate mousse hazelnut cake. I ate too much and it was worth every bite.

Pros: Delicious food , Elegant atmosphere , Excellent service

MarlissaSchouten

Points +140

04 Aug 2023

What a night!

What a night we had!
We did it all, 3 courses. The staff was so amazing, so friendly and fun!

Somebody played live saxophone, which was so romantic, perfect volume and created such a nice ambience

Pros: Food was AMAZING!, Staff was AMAZING!, Music was AMAZING!

NathalieVriesde

Points +156

02 Aug 2023

Seperate full vegan menu

Everything is so tastefull on their vegan menu, hard to pick a dish

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-02

chug

Points +386

21 Feb 2023

Nice vegan menu

Another solid vegan option in Aruba. A large selection of vegan items, nice ambiance and great staff. I really enjoyed the risotto and tofu dinner. I'd certainly go back to try some other items.

TishShep

Points +450

05 Feb 2023

I like Ike’s and So will You!!!

Had an amazing meal at Ike’s Bistro tonite. Their vegan menu was impressive. And I know this may sound silly, but this is the first restaurant that provided vegan bread and butter. Their wine list even showed which wines were vegan!

My appetizer, Shrimp tempura, was amazing as was my husband’s Lemongrass Carrot Ginger Soup. Our server, Nathan, brought us a surprise amuse bouche of their Lychee Ceviche appetizer…OMG sooo good!!

Our mains (my husband had the grilled fish filet and roasted cauliflower and I opted for a salad: pulled jackfruit almond salad) were beautifully plated and soooo good!!!

We shared the Caribbean Snickers with mango sorbet to end the night.

Our server, Nathan, was absolutely the best server we have had (and we’ve had a few great ones). He is personable, knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Really made our experience all the better.
We have made reservations for next week again.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Beautiful environment, Food presentation and flavours were excellent

PlantEatR

Points +141

01 Feb 2023

Vegan first approach to entire meal experience

More than just having a separate vegan menu and several choices, Ike's Bistro offered rolls, butter and tasting of other dishes to sample. The service, especially the extra care from William and Eloi, was outstanding. The sunset through the palm trees was beautiful. The 'shrimp' tempura and the 'fish' were both amazing, and the risotto was very good. The vegetables and mango relish with each were also delicious. The fried tofu and the corn polenta fries that came with each had no flavor the night we went. The meal was expensive so would have liked it if all the parts of the meal were equally delish.

Pros: Vegan menu, tasting , Seafood - shrimp and grilled fish, Outstanding service

Cons: Some portions of meals lacked flavor, Expensive

Shan1980

Points +88

23 Jan 2023

Great food and options!

Dedicated vegan menu. They even brought vegan rolls and butter to the table 😭
We ate there twice and it was delicious both times!

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-23

Pros: Lots of Vegan options

ltracy

Points +74

20 Jan 2023

Ate here twice for vegan dinners!

Make sure to ask for the vegan menu (it’s got more options than listed in regular menu!!).

We visited twice for dinner and husband and I both really enjoyed the food. The dinner options were intentionally vegan (not modified meat dishes), and throughly delightful.
We enjoyed everything- jackfruit salad, ceviche, soups, squash dish, lentil dish, and desserts! Definitely worth going.
Tip: we enjoyed sitting in the ‘garden’.

Pros: Sooo good, Several options , Great atmosphere

erbruno

Points +32

27 Oct 2022

Vegan and gluten free options

They served bread (gf available) with vegan butter, the server brought over a shooter of soup before apps, everything was delicious! I got the chickpea tuna tartare and truffle mushroom risotto 💯 would get both again. Non vegan sister loved it

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-27

Pros: Vegan options , Gf options , Sunset !!!

Cons: Expensive

TheType2Vegan

Points +53

23 Aug 2022

Not Consistant

We stayed at the resort for our honeymoon and the first time we ate here, it was amazing. But the other 2 times were completely different. The food was really inconsistent and we found ourselves paying for food we didn’t eat. I wish I could say the food was amazing because our first meal there was great and the staff were amazing. It just ended up being a huge let down.

Pros: Great staff

Cons: Inconsistent quality

Daniyells

Points +365

24 Jul 2022

Large Vegan Menu with Separate Kitchen

There were so many vegan options to choose from. The food came fast and there was a separate kitchen for nonvegan and vegan cooking.

trenityw

Points +696

02 Jun 2022

Good vegan options at a nice location

Ate here for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast options are okay, there are many more options at dinner. I appreciated the creativity of some of the dinner options. Overall, the food is okay but could use more seasoning and flavor. I’d recommend eating here to experience something new as well as the ambiance.

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-02

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Knowledgeable staff, Dinner rolls are vegan

Cons: Expensive

megkamille

Points +716

03 Apr 2022

Tons of options but the food was mediocre.

This place has a beautiful atmosphere and huge vegan menu. I got the Buffalo cauliflower wings, they weren’t that great. Undercooked cauliflower that was rock hard, and the breading was soggy. Flavor was ok though. I got the ricotta for the main course and that was actually pretty good. They also have us rolls that were vegan and vegan butter. The chocolate hazelnut cake was good. Over all, a vegan will be happy with the restaurant.

Pros: Entire vegan menu

Cons: Expensive , Mediocre taste

Dogs429

Points +384

16 Mar 2022

Amazing Food and Service!

I absolutely loved this restaurant! I got the vegan shrimp tempura and risotto and they were both so amazing. I am returning to the restaurant before I leave my trip. Some of the best vegan food I have ever had! Highly recommend.

Pros: Entire vegan menu, Delicious food

zegmaarhayke

Points +63

03 Feb 2022

Very good!

Very friendly and attentive staff. Their Vegan menu has a lot to choose. They surprised us with some vegan bread & butter to start with, and an amuse of lychee chevice. That is on the menu als a starter as well, I almost regretted not ordering it!

Our main courses, the risotto and the “fish”. We both loved it. For desert, we had the snickers and the chocolate cake. VERY sweet, but great taste.

We liked it a lot. Worth going there, if you are on Aruba!

Pros: Huge vegan menu, Very interesting dishes

Cons: It is in a hotel. That was a thing for us.

MandyBean

Points +33

21 Dec 2021

Entire vegan menu but just decent food

Amazing to go to a nice restaurant with an entire vegan menu. The lychee ceviche was the most unique and flavourful thing on the menu. The mains sound amazing but are just ok in terms of flavour (quality and freshness is great though). Large wine list with specified vegan wines. For the options, the ambiance and the wonderful service, I recommend! Oh and the desserts were quite nice!

MalachyFernandez

Points +12

Mostly Veg
12 Nov 2021

Incredible vegan food, great gluten free options too!

I loved this place, I went here 3 out of the 5 days I was in Aruba for. They have a separate fryer for gluten free foods and are just all around very knowledgeable about everything.

Pros: Great vegan food, Separate Gluten free fryer

robcat33

Points +57

28 Oct 2021

Great Food in a great setting

Lentil Steak was delicious. Setting was very tranquil.

shahsisters

Points +226

27 Oct 2021

Amazing

Had the cauliflower wings and risotto both of which were absolutely amazing. Risotto was one of the best I've ever had. Didn't have room for dessert unfortunately but hopefully can go back soon. The service was excellent too.

Pros: A dedicated vegan menu, Great service

DaniqueCramer

Points +398

19 Sep 2021

One of my top choices!

Since discovering Ike’s Bistro I have been obsessed with it and it’s always been one of the places I mention when we’re trying to find a restaurant to go to. They have plenty of vegan options and all the ones I’ve tried before did not disappoint whatsoever. They also havs plenty of options for dessert. I can’t believe that from all the times I’ve been there I’ve only managed to have one picture which is of the Caribbean Snickers. That is also by far my favorite thing to get. Although the prices are higher, I definitely still recommend them as a place to celebrafe special occasions. Totally worth it. They also have vegan bread and serve vegan butter upon request.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Amazing food, Nice place

Cons: On the pricier side

biancam09

Points +615

01 Jul 2021

Delicious vegan food

If you want a nice night out and get dressed up with some friends and/or family this is the place to be. They have a fully vegan menu so be sure to ask your waiter for the vegan menu. I got the grilled fish fillet and grilled cauliflower. While I was a bit skeptic it didn’t disappoint!!! It’s was super yummy! They even managed to get a fish like texture. For dessert they had one option the Caribbean snickers , which was truly a dream. It tasted like a snicker and oh boy was it my favorite dessert on this island! Definitely check her out!

Pros: Separate vegan menu , Lovely staff

meredith5321

Points +116

15 Jun 2021

Great service & tasty vegan food

Fantastic service! Once they learned we are vegan they brought out vegan bread and butter and the vegan only menu with plenty of options. We got the Truffle Porcini Risotto (polenta substitute since out of tofu) and it was amazing! Way better than expected and surprisingly filling. For dessert the caribbean snickers w/ apple ice cream. The chef + our waiter went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful time.

VeganQueenElizabeth

Points +880

09 May 2021

Beyond Amazing !

Ikes Bistro really out did themselves! The vegan menu had a lot to choose from. The employees were very friendly , service was excellent, very clean and a beautiful view of the sunset. Now let’s talk about the delicious , fresh , full of flavor food and the presentation! For an appetizer I started off with the Chickpea Tartare & Avocado then I proceeded to have the Lemon grass carrot ginger soup. For my main I had the Vegan grilled fish filet & roasted cauliflower. To end the night of course I had to try the Caribbean snickers! Everything was beyond delicious just mouthwatering. Even my non vegan friends loved the vegan food. This is a must if your in Aruba.

Pros: Separate vegan menu !

ThomasOswald

Points +34

03 Apr 2021

Best vegan meal of the trip!

I started off with some delicious cauliflower buffalo wings and had the mock duck(seitan) with mushrooms, spinach, and quinoa which was to die for! Highly recommended!

Pros: Whole vegan menu!

Veganvoyagers

Points +1798

01 Apr 2021

Best vegan food on the island

We had the BEST vegan risotto we’ve ever eaten here at Ike’s. They have a full vegan menu and we tried a little bit of everything from the tempura, Buffalo cauliflower, vegan fish tacos, and the risotto. Everything was top notch

Texas_rose

Points +241

30 Jan 2020

Lots of options

I have kind of a mixed review of Ike's. I absolutely loved most of the meal, and the service was great. They have a strong list of vegan options but there aren't a lot to choose from. The staff is attentive...I was alone so I didn't mind that they were a little too attentive, but if I would have been with a party, it would have been overwhelming.

Pros: Creative vegan options

Cons: Cauliflower steak very simply done for $$$$

SmithsFan

Points +194

11 Sep 2019

Outstanding food and service

So many vegan options. Jackfruit salad was delicious. Stuffed corn tortillas with avocado was amazing. Even the bread was super. Tried the chocolate tart and snicker bar for dessert. Would order all the same again. Coming back for sure

Pros: Very friendly and helpful staff , Great location and live music, Basil martini and pineapple smoke cocktails