Hugo's Tacos - Atwater Village

• Veg-friendly
Contact 323-664-9400

3300 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90039

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of the Hugo's brand, this is a walk-up, quick service eatery offering tacos, burritos, quesadilla, and bowls. Vegans could choose soy chorizo or just rice & bean filling and omit cheese. Ask if this location offers vegan soft serve.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Yummy Vegan Street Tacos - Edit

I like this location. It's right off of the highway and their bright sign made it easy to find at night.

I tried the soy chorizo tacos (w/ crispy shell), fries, Spanish rice, beans & rice, and frozato.

The crispy shells were fresh, flavorful & crisp. The soy chorizo didn't seem very flavorful, in my opinion. I got the salsa habanero, which is spicy, but not too spicy (for those of us who like & are accustomed to spice. If you are sensitive to spice, avoid) The tacos were good, just not bursting with the sabor for which I was hoping. I wonder if a different salsa would make a difference...

I really like the fries. Thick cut & yummy!

Spanish rice was flavorful, but a little dry (just a tad).

Beans & rice were ok. It's not the typical red or black beans & rice; they use white beans.

Frozato was DELICIOUS!! Vegan soft serve in vanilla, chocolate, or swirl. We got ours with cones. So yum I went back the next day before leaving town!

The menu clearly labels vegan & vegan-able dishes.

The lady taking my order was super nice, helpful, and friendly too.

It's basically like a taco take-out stand. You walk up to the street-front window and place your order, so there's no inside for seating. However, they have a few tables outside (@4?), plus a couple of benches.

Good place for a late (or anytime!) bite, especially if you're with non-veg*ns.

Pros: So many vegan options & all clearly labeled , Amazing vegan soft serve!, Open late, parking lot, friendly service

Cons: Needs a little more sabor in the soy chorizo

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hugo's Tacos - Atwater Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 707 times since Mar 2013.