CLOSED: Hoshina

089320869

307, Fu Gian Rd, Taitung, Taiwan, 950

穗科手打烏龍麵, at 台東縣台東市福建路307號, is a noodle house in an old Japanese house with a garden. Makes by hand udon noodles in an open kitchen separated by glass. Locations in Taipei and Taidong. Confirmed closed, May 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese

First Review by jojoinbrighton

Amazing food - Edit

We found Hoshina in Taitung and were so happy. Their homemade ale was amazing. The sesame tofu was out of this world. We enjoyed every single bite of our food! Definitely recommend!

Delicious, Clean, and Cool Vibe - Edit

Delicious Udon, vegan items clearly marked. Have had the regular udon and the spicy udon, both great. Had the cold asparagus twice and it's good, too.

Very busy place, especially later in evenings. I've had to wait twice—not too long. It's worth it. :-)

I don't eat mushrooms, and the dishes are mushroom free they say (though in Taiwan mushroom powder finds its way into many things).

Fun place!

Pros: Good Noodles, Some Mushroom Free dishes, Fast

Cons: Crowded and Busy—must be good

Delicious simple Japanese - Edit

I ate at Hoshina a few times in Taipei and loved it so I was pleased to find myself staying just around the corner from their location in Tainan. It's in a lovely building and the menu clearly labels things as lacto vegan (with milk) and ovo-vegan (with egg) and there are plenty of vegan options. My favourites are the udon noodles with sesame dipping sauce, the sesame tofu and any of the asparagus dishes. The cabbage tofu roll is also delicious and my vegan travel partner enjoyed the spicy udon.

Return to Taitung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Hoshina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.