First Review by katiemgibbs

Phenomenal!!! - Edit

Best treat I've had in my yrs on earth! Add non-diary?! Completely wonderful! I treated myself to the 'mint n chip' it was defintely worth my time and money to travel and purchase. Friendly customer service and lovely atmosphere! Ill surely return for as long as the good keeps going. Thanks Holy Gelato!

Pros: 12 vegan options Taste Inexpensive

Holy Mind Blown! - Edit

This place is SO COOL! Their 12 vegan options are so much more than your typical chocolate and vanilla. They had cookie dough, cookies and cream, brownie fudge and mint chip, to name a few. A MUST DO!

I ce scream, You scream, Now VEGANS can Scream!! - Edit

Upon walking into this little cute shop, my eyes felt like popping out of my head with a freaking huge case of VEGAN GELATO staring right at me! Not only were they a WoW oh WoW site to see, but the flavors and their ability to keep the ingredients pure as possible, blew me away. For all us Vegans and/or Lactose intolerant peeps out there, this is the MECCA of a desert dream come true. My favorite, despite all of them, is the BOMB and Irish (something). The Bomb is made from organic soy milk while the Irish is made with coconut milk. They worked well together. They also have another case of dairy gelato that looked super yummy, and another case of rice pudding. The girl behind the counter was super friendly. She told me that they run a vegan rice pudding from time to time. Brownies and cones are also Vegan, a definite plus!!! Dreaming of going back soon. Will make that dream come true again,like…Now!

Pros: delicious, variety, friendly

Yummy vegan gelato - Edit

I had read about this place on HappyCow and stopped in to give it a try when my family went to San Francisco for a veg festival. Here's my Holy Gelato review.

It's a colorful little shop with seating inside. There are two freezer glasses with display of the day's gelato flavors. The vegan flavors are featured in one case while the dairy ones are in a another case next to it.

On the day I went, there were 11 vegan flavors. I tried the toasted coconut and almond one, which had an excellent flavor and taste. I also tried the "bomb" which combined peanut butter and chocolate and something else, and that was pretty good and sweet. A couple of the other vegan flavor names I remember were mint chocolate and Thai ice tea.

The young woman working behind the counter told me that the vegan gelato are all made on the premises while the dairy ones are made in a different kitchen elsewhere.

Best vegan ice cream I've had! - Edit

I found this place on a recent trip to San Fran. Here are the flavors I tried: Coconut Heaven (coconut milk based ice cream with chocolate chips, toasted coconut and toasted almonds), Charlie Brown's Nightmare (soy based ice cream with chocolate, peanut butter and cookies) and Irish Morning (coconut milk based with coffee, fudge, cookies and Whiskey). This is probably the best vegan ice cream I've tasted!!!!!!! This place is a must visit for vegans heading to San Fransisco! See my blog review for more: http://bit.ly/AcUNgV

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Holy Gelato! closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2316 times since Jan 2012.