Holly Raye's

corner of Old Perth Rd and James St, Bassendean, Western Australia, 6053

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe offering on-trend food, focusing mainly on "brunch style" food, as well as patisserie. Includes some vegetarian options as well as a vegan acai bowl, and meals that can be made vegan. Limited seating and busy during morning rush hours. Open Tue-Fri 7:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by Cynthia1998

Had a look - Edit

As a vegan this place didn't appeal to me as anything special. Had a look and couldn't see anything which appealed for a vegan (for me) or could even be remotely more attractive than spending my dollar at any other standard 'health' cafe or juice bar. Suppose for a small cold meal or smoothies it could be good. I wouldn't spend my dollar here for a meal.

Saw smoothies and some sort of standard cold 'chai/acai' option (as reviewed in another review) but I breezed past that option amongst all the pulled lamb options ect. Heavily meat and egg based but would have an option.

Hard to rate as I didn't actually make any purchase but checked out their menu and food cabinet.

Pros: smoothies , option/s

Cons: no real focus for vegan ethics , no plant based focuses either , not substantial meal options for me

I really liked Holly Raye's, not only because they served a vegan acai bowl, but because it feels like a community café, serving up food made with passion, and served with a smile.

I was recently in Bassendean to see family and was delighted that there was a café that catered for vegans, as well as being a really cool place to eat at, seeing as there is little for vegans/vegetarians in the immediate area.

Pros: Vegan acai bowl, Friendly staff

Cons: Busy during rush hour

Return to Bassendean Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Holly Raye's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.