Hirschbachstueberl

Contact +49-8042-8312

Karwendelstrasse 50, Lenggries, Germany, 83661

Former omnivore, now vegetarian restaurant in the countryside at the border of the Alps with quite a few vegan dishes on the menu that are labeled as such. The owner is vegan. Open Mon 5:00pm-11:00pm, Tue-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sun 4:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Fusion

First Review by VeganRandonneur

cosy & yummy - Edit

A typical bavarian pub in a typical bavarian area - BUT with a great range of delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes. Quick and friendly service. Nice crowd. We will come back! Reservation recommended.

AMAZING ! - Edit

This is a "typical" Bavarian place EXCEPT without the murder! We ended up going 2 of our 3 nights in the area because it was exactly that delicious and enjoyable. Easily half the menu is vegan or vegan possible (vegan moglich) and super super great. We had the potatoes Annelise (great flavors, cooked the perfect amount: beans were crispy and potatoes were soft), the bruschetta, the golden salad with tofu (HUGE), and each night we had the vegan apple cake, maybe the best apple cake I've ever had anywhere. A friend got the burger and it was gigantic and flavorful, but maybe a little too many raw onions for joyful digestion. Also vegan beer, delicious shorle, and really helpful staff.

Pros: vegetarian Bavarian? Oh YEAH!, wide selection, outstanding cake

Gem in the Bavarian countryside - Edit

This is a typical Bavarian rustic restaurant with wooden benches and tables outside as well as inside. Considering the non-vegetarian surroundings it is still hard to believe for me that the Hirschbachstueberl serves vegetarian food only.

Because in Bavaria only very few vegetarian dishes exist at all (such as 'Obazda' which is not vegan) the menu provides an untypical vegetarian selection from all over the place (Mexican, Indian, Italian, German, ...). Not overwhelmingly imaginative but rather eclectic cuisine. Nevertheless tasty food and good portions. Vegan options are clearly labeled and make up about 1/3 of the menu. Smoking only allowed outside. Moderate prices.

I had a "Koh gla Lac" salad (very good), "Bruschetta" (ok, but I prefer more olive oil), and fried "China" rice with vegetables (very good). BTW, do not rely on that the staff speaks English (I haven't checked that).

Bottom line: If only I lived closer to that place I would eat there every day.

Pros: good portions, friendly staff

Cons: nearby street a little noisy

Return to Lenggries Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hirschbachstueberl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1041 times since Aug 2012.