Hi-Lo Lounge

706-850-8561

1364 Prince Ave, Athens, Georgia, USA, 30606

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened in Nov 2013, this pub offers a vegan-friendly menu with veggie hotdogs, spaghetti, club sandwich, and tempeh hash at Sunday brunch. Many booths for seating, frequent live music. Kitchen opens until midnight. Open Tue-Sat 4:00am-2:00pm, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ladedededa

Best vegan food in Athens, no contest - Edit

"Hi Lo is a wonderland." -my girlfriend
Hi Lo is my favorite restaurant in Athens (and my girlfriend's favorite too). They have a ton of really good vegan options, with a lot of stuff already vegan or easily made vegan. We love the tofurkey club sandwich, which has tempeh bacon, house made tofurkey, and local Luna bread. On Thursdays they have burger night and their special burgers can be made vegan (and they're delicious). They only have one vegan brunch option currently, a platter including polenta, garlicky collards, and some other stuff I can't remember, but it's all also delicious. Honestly if I could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of my life, I would choose Hi Lo no question.

Pros: Great food, Friendly, knowledgeable staff, Fabulous beer selection

Cons: Occasionally super crowded, Parking can be tricky

Great Late-Night Option - Edit

I love this place. Tons of seating even when there are lots of people there it doesn't feel crowded. They have vegan caramel corn. They serve food until midnight and at least half the menu is vegetarian and cheeeaaapp. The bartenders are all super nice awesome people too. Brunch is good, great to have an option that isn't fried tofu with soy sauce and nutritional yeast. Not that tofu scramble isn't delicious, but its refreshing to have something else available.

Pros: cheap, open late, easy parking

Cons: not close to downtown (maybe a pro?)

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hi-Lo Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.