Healthy Junk

Contact 714-772-5865

201 Center St Promenade Unit B, Anaheim, California, USA, 92805

Established summer 2012, a quick service restaurant located in the Good Food Hall food court within Center Street Promenade. All vegan menu with juices, sandwiches, burgers, "fish" and chips, salads, chili, pizza, snacks and sweets. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by softballheart

Very Good - Edit

Quick service, "fast food" type vegan food. Very good. I had the BBQ sandwich with slaw on the side and fries with ranch dressing. All very tasty. Will be back to try more. Varied options. Highly recommend.

Pros: Quick service, Good food, Lots of Choices

Cons: Parking

Need to go back soon! - Edit

It's been a while since I've been but I really do need to go back and introduce my boyfriend to this location. The chicken sandwich with the fried pickles is my favorite and their sweet potato fries are great! Can't wait to go back!

Pros: yummy food, different, good location

Cons: a little pricey

Loved it! - Edit

This place from the outside is a bit confusing, it's located inside a food court type building. I love the look of the place! The logo is awesome. I am a picky vegan and not a huge veggie lover. I hate when you can taste veggies in everything you eat. This is not that. The food tastes exactly like what I remember it did when I wasn't vegan. We ordered pepperoni pizza, chili chez fries, and a special they had which was a Mac n chez burger. It was all delicious. We ate everything. The only thing I didn't like is they brought out my boyfriends food, then waited another 5 minutes before my pizza was done and brought out. I wish they timed it a little better. We also got the brownie for dessert and wowowowow it was so good. I couldn't put my fork down when eating here. I recommend anyone, whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or neither, to try this place. This food tastes like great food that just so happens to be vegan. I will definitely come back again next time I'm in town.

Pros: Great variety of food, Great decor/look

Cons: Bad timing when bringing food out

quick dinner - Edit

We came for dinner around 8:30pm with another friend. It was near closing time, so we quickly made our order. Lots of items looked delicious, but we settled on the fish and chips, Philly chez stake sandwich and beet kale salad. Our friend ordered the other kale salad. We all got beer from the bar. All the food came out pretty quickly except the beet kale salad. They were starting to close, so we checked on our order. They had forgot it, but quickly made it once we asked. The fish and chips along with the sandwich were tasty "junk". The salads were good and we got our greens. Overall, I would return if in the area again. Easy parking at the garage across the street.

Pros: quick dinner, tasty "junk"

Cons: forgot part of order

Of course it's Healthy the name says so - Edit

I've been in a few times and love this place vegan food in American style, and they serve beer.

I have always enjoyed my meals here. this weekend I went in with my cousin and we had tacos. She had the traditional "meat" taco and I went for the yam taco. Ohhhhh this was so yummy, the crispy coating with the soft yam was such a great combination. It is topped with a chipotle sauce, some people might think its a little spicy, but I loved it.

Other items I have enjoyed are the mango salad, chick'n sandwich, and the sweet potato fries with their ranch dip. All really good, so far I have never ordered anything I haven't liked.

Definitely not visiting again... - Edit

I came here with my mom on my birthday and neither of us enjoyed. she got the falafel wrap which was decent, but not something we'd order again. I had a burger which came with 2 carrot sticks as the side and was $8... most definitely not worth it, plus it tasted pretty dry and cheaply made. honestly, do not recommend

Pros: nice area

Cons: taste was no good :/

I'm a Regular Here! - Edit

I've been going here since they opened because the location is conveniently near my house where I don't have many full vegan eateries to choose from. The staff is super friendly as is Lynda, the owner. We used to go to the Breakfast Club event they used to do...that was amazing. Lynda started up the Vegan Faire that just had their second annual event in July.

My husband and I are at Healthy Junk at least once a week and I've brought many omnivore friends who also enjoy the food. It's great because it's affordable and it hits the spot...kind of like comfort food to me. My favorite things to eat include the Kale & Garlic Flatbread Pizza, Fish Tacos, Caesar Salad, Curly Yam Fries and Nachos. My husband loves all the burgers and he always tries the specials.

Pros: Delicious & All Vegan, Good Variety on Menu, Excellent Staff

Cons: Needs better presentation on some items

Yaaaaaasssssss - Edit

After a long day at Disneyland, my mom and I decided to eat here. We were so impressed! We had the BBQ w/ Slaw (amazing), the fish tacos (YES), and the No Fish 'N' Chips (can I get a heck yeah?)! I highly recommend any of these!

Great! - Edit

Love their pepperoni flat bread pizza! Best vegan version I've had! Their Anaheim Chili burger also one of the best burgers I've tasted! I keep missing out on the brownie (they are always out of them) but I hear their are great as well.

Pros: Good selection

Good for what it is - Edit

I didn't really have the best example of their food, I had ordered the chicken wings and a cesar salad with a brownie for dessert. The chicken wings were a little one note, and I was tired of them after a while. I had expected to like the Cesar salad better than I did. I would definitely go back to try again because they were friendly and I want to support them, and I probably didn't pick the best thing there. The food also seemed a little heavy for me in general, and that's what has prevented me from going back sooner.

Pros: Great Menu, Friendly Staff

Cons: Heavy meals

Yum! - Edit

Staff were friendly, happy to advise and recommend menu items, also really helpful to us. We tried a pizza, salad,and chilli cheese fries which were all tasty. Milkshakes were seriously delicious and the desserts were soo good!

Pros: All vegan, lots of choice, Very tasty, Reasonable value

Cons: Taxi driver took a while to find the loc, Food came out at different times

Seriously not good - Edit

In a great looking down town area, here we have what can only be
described as a dreadful eatery. Top to bottom the place was actually sticky
with oily grime. I won't tell you what the table tops felt like.
The young staff must have been from some other planet, they had no
connection with me as a customer to the point of rudeness.
Food took forever, (my friend had to wait 10 minutes after my dish got cold on the table. This place needs to clean up its act, or perhaps they don't care….
their name is 'JUNK" after all. Oh, yeah the food tasted pretty bad as well.
(Does not rate even 1 cow folks!)

Pros: Nice 'Idea'

Cons: Dirty, Service Slow and un-friendly, Crew was doing its own party

I'm here at least once a week - Edit

Its nice to have an all vegan restaurant nearby. Healthy Junk has a lot of options and their desserts are great.

Pros: New menu items frequently, Great dessert

Cons: Drinks take forever, Food inconsistent

LOVE Healthy Junk! - Edit

This was our second visit to Healthy Junk, and it did not disappoint. I had the vegan taco and my daughter had a BBQ seitan sandwich with coleslaw. Both meals were delicious. We also both got a fresh beet, cucumber and lime juice - so good! The staff is friendly and helpful and the eating area is clean with a hip vibe.

Horrible Service & Food - Edit

I had such a horrible experience here. They were over priced and the food was uneatable. Hardly any other customer's were there yet we had to wait 50 minutes for a horrible pizza? Then the pizza was just sitting at the counter without our name or number being called. The staff was very rude and unprofessional.

Seriously amazing - Edit

Came here on a whim with my family and none of us were disappointed. The food was so delicious and we had great service as well. Definitely give the chili "cheez" fries a try!

Went here to grab a quick vegan bite with my boss....holy HELL it was delicious! We shared a Chinese Chicken Salad, Crispy Spicy Wings with yummy ranch, and the Stake and Kale tacos....oh my GOODNESS the stake and kale was delicious! I can't wait to try the No Fish and Chips next time I go! The staff there was so kind and friendly and had no issues talking us through the menu and giving recommendations. Would come back again and highly recommend this place for sure!!

Pros: Delicious!, Well Priced, Nice Location

Cons: I didn't experience any

indulge with healthy junk! - Edit

This place is like a hippy hipster hangout, the area is fun but in a quaint way, and is far enough from Disneyland that it's not swamped with tourists. It feels like the hidden cool place for locals to go. Yet so Californian with organic food courts, including Healthy Junk which is all vegan.
The mock meats were great, the burger was fantastic and I've never had chili cheese fries (the meat kind) so I was very excited to finally have it. Thumbs up, it tasted like I was indulging in something bad just as I'm sure the usual version does to non-herbivores.
The fish n chips were not my favorite, admittedly. They seemed like the fish that is often in asian mock meat dishes, which is great, but not what is used for fish n chips, namely, the white fishes, and without skin. While I haven't had cod/scrod etc in decades, I grew up in New England where we sure ate it enough...this fish was a bit soft and better for stews or braised dishes, whereas fried fish dishes should be crispy and flake as you break them. Depends how much of a stickler you are for that dish. But the portions were big and the sides were better than expected - I'm not a big slaw fan, but this slaw was good. Will definitely go back to try other items on the menu, there was plenty more.

Pros: fresh, delicious, junky, good portions

Cons: not the best fish

it's like a vegan mall food court with a bar! - Edit

Pretty cool spot, if not a little strange. It's basically a food court with a vegan window. Everything we had was good. A nice alternative to all the touristy lame Anaheim stuff near the convention center and Disneyland. Bar closed pretty early. I wanted to stay for a second drink but the bartender was saying he had to take our drink right at 9:55

Pros: bar!

Cons: closes early

Amazing... - Edit

Honestly one of the best vegan spots I've ever eaten at. It's cheap and ridiculously fresh. I recommend The Nacho King to go with any meal you choose. Also, the bottled (organic) ginger ale they sell is perfect.

The World Needs More Healthy Junk! - Edit

I love this place. I've only been there twice because it's separated from where I live and work by the 55 and 5 fwys (not a fan of the traffic), but I was delighted both times. Once was for breakfast and I thought I might cry when I bit into the chicken fried "steak"; the gravy was equally delicious. My husband had a "burger" that he really enjoyed. Exceptionally good!
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 25, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 25, 2014

Pros: Extensive menu, Incredibly great taste

Cons: It's not close to my house :(

Yummy 'fish' - Edit

We loved the 'fish' dish which came with home made potato crisps, a coleslaw and ranch dressing. Everything was really tasty. We ordered the shakes but didn't like them, they had a funny taste and a strong fatty coconut flavour, even though I love coconut, this was not so good. Kids loved their burgers and the carrot cake was fine. Lots of free parking in near by parking buildings and so close to the other vegan cafe. We came for lunch from Disneyland but you need a car as it is some distance. I would love to go back and try some of their other dishes.

Pros: parking, all vegan, tasty and not pricey

Cons: milkshakes not so good, dining areas shared with other eateries

pretty good from a former vegetarian restaurant ow - Edit

a new vegan eatery in Anaheim near Harbor and Lincoln. The burger was so big, could hardly put my mouth around it. I think is was a Boca burger, but kinda juicy. It had a whole Anaheim Chile that looked liked it was fried inside. will go back to try other things, looks promising.

Pros: price, ambiance, chile burger

Cons: order taker did not know menu

Don't waste your time... - Edit

I wanted this place to be good! So badly! We were in town for a wedding, and found this place online. The menu looked great, and we were so excited to try it out!

Unfortunately, this place is a disaster! There were no customers here when we walked in, and we quickly ordered. Half our order showed up within 5 minutes, and that it took two inquiries about our food and another 35 minutes to get the rest of our food!

The customer service was terrible, and they didn't seem too concerned about our issues until we started standing around the counter and talking loudly about our missing food!

After all our food was at the table we were still missing items from our dishes, like avocado, ranch, etc...

Save yourself a headache and head over to Veggie Grill instead!

I would rate it a 1, but this app only lets you rate 2 or higher!

Pros: vegan

Cons: everything else

New favorite place! - Edit

Healthy junk is located in a newly remodeled historical area of Anaheim, in a small "food court" area. The food and service here is great. I had the chiken strips in a buffalo type sauce and chili cheese fries, both of which were delicious! My boyfriend got the classic burger but subbed the regulare burger patty for a chiken one and he love it. There are also several other vegan friendly places on the same block as well as a lot of lovely new small businesses with a focus on handmade and local and great yoga studio. This will definitely be a new relaxing lunch spot

Pros: Great Food, Great neighborhood, Plentiful parking

Cons: None that i can find

Outstanding! - Edit

Had burgers, pizza, chili chez fries, nachos, juices, and yam fries....all were very good. Delicious food!

Pros: wide selection, reasonably priced, easy access

Cons: there isn't a healthy junk where I live :(

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Healthy Junk closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 10287 times since Sep 2012.