Healthy Junk

714-772-5865

201 Center St Promenade Unit B, Anaheim, California, USA, 92805

Established summer 2012, a quick service restaurant located in the Good Food Hall food court within Center Street Promenade. All vegan menu with juices, sandwiches, burgers, "fish" and chips, salads, chili, pizza, snacks and sweets. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by softballheart

DELICIOUS - Edit

Stopped here for the first time ever while driving around the area. Super cute place and the spicy chick burger I consumed had me super satisfied. I'm a vegetarian and my family is NOT. Although my older brother did enjoy his meat free burger my mom did not like Cobb salad. I would definitely recommend this place for people who are interested in eating more consciously ✨

Pros: Good Service , Spacious Dinning

Great fast food - Edit

Fast food is hard to find as a vegan, well look no further because Healthy Junk has all your favorites and some awesome daily specials.

Healthy Junk- also just healthy - Edit

First I felt that discovering Healthy Junk via Google was a stroke of decent luck. Then I thought hmmm, what if it is really mostly junk?
Not to worry- Healthy is more healthy than junk, by far.
We had:
the wet burrito
2 Portabello Mushroom Burgers
Kale Chips
Veggie Fajitas
Chocolate Brownie

Of those items, everything but the kale chips was worth getting again...and again. Hard to pick a favorite. They were all mouthwatering.

The brownie was definitely an awesome choice for dessert.
Can't go wrong!
PS. we ate there again two nights later, since we were still in town (for Natural Products trade show).

Pros: Well prepared dishes, Well-thought out

Healthy junk food - Edit

Such a cute location and so much delicious food! My favourite place to eat while I was staying in Anaheim.

Best burger and fries yet - Edit

Been veg for only 2 years now but this was by far the best burger and fries yet. Thanks.

Pros: Vegan

Good, fast food. - Edit

All the food was very tasty. Ours wasn't greasy at all (reference to the other review), though we didn't have a burger. Separate kids' menu, and staff happy to accommodate customizations and special requests (such as a plain avocado sandwich for our slightly fussy 18 month old). Reasonably priced, and good, fresh food.

Greasiest burger ever :( - Edit

I HATE giving vegan restaurants negative reviews bc I appreciate them so freaking much. I ordered the Anaheim burger and it was so so greasy but I was hungry so I ate it anyway, bad choice. I'm trying to go to bed right now and I have that sick feeling in my stomach that feels like all the grease is in there making me nauseas... Aside from that, the service was fine, the ladies that assisted me were nice, nothing bad or amazing.

I liked the casual vibe and I hope I can go back there soon and hopefully try something else that'll just rock my socks so I can change this into a 5 star review.

I don't want to discourage anyone from giving this place a shot, just recommending you don't eat the Anaheim grease bomb burger.

Pros: relaxed/casual vibe , good for kids/strollers , very spacy

Cons: greasy

Best Portobello Burger ever! - Edit

Very cool setup with Junk Bar and neighboring vendors counters. Yam driers are a must!

Guilty pleasure eats - Edit

Good food for reasonable prices. Not much in the way of atmosphere, though.

Tasty! - Edit

Delicious shakes! Friendly staff and good mock meats.

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff, yummy

Cons: pricey, not a huge menu

Very Good - Edit

Quick service, "fast food" type vegan food. Very good. I had the BBQ sandwich with slaw on the side and fries with ranch dressing. All very tasty. Will be back to try more. Varied options. Highly recommend.

Pros: Quick service, Good food, Lots of Choices

Cons: Parking

Need to go back soon! - Edit

It's been a while since I've been but I really do need to go back and introduce my boyfriend to this location. The chicken sandwich with the fried pickles is my favorite and their sweet potato fries are great! Can't wait to go back!

Pros: yummy food, different, good location

Cons: a little pricey

Loved it! - Edit

This place from the outside is a bit confusing, it's located inside a food court type building. I love the look of the place! The logo is awesome. I am a picky vegan and not a huge veggie lover. I hate when you can taste veggies in everything you eat. This is not that. The food tastes exactly like what I remember it did when I wasn't vegan. We ordered pepperoni pizza, chili chez fries, and a special they had which was a Mac n chez burger. It was all delicious. We ate everything. The only thing I didn't like is they brought out my boyfriends food, then waited another 5 minutes before my pizza was done and brought out. I wish they timed it a little better. We also got the brownie for dessert and wowowowow it was so good. I couldn't put my fork down when eating here. I recommend anyone, whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or neither, to try this place. This food tastes like great food that just so happens to be vegan. I will definitely come back again next time I'm in town.

Pros: Great variety of food, Great decor/look

Cons: Bad timing when bringing food out

quick dinner - Edit

We came for dinner around 8:30pm with another friend. It was near closing time, so we quickly made our order. Lots of items looked delicious, but we settled on the fish and chips, Philly chez stake sandwich and beet kale salad. Our friend ordered the other kale salad. We all got beer from the bar. All the food came out pretty quickly except the beet kale salad. They were starting to close, so we checked on our order. They had forgot it, but quickly made it once we asked. The fish and chips along with the sandwich were tasty "junk". The salads were good and we got our greens. Overall, I would return if in the area again. Easy parking at the garage across the street.

Pros: quick dinner, tasty "junk"

Cons: forgot part of order

Of course it's Healthy the name says so - Edit

I've been in a few times and love this place vegan food in American style, and they serve beer.

I have always enjoyed my meals here. this weekend I went in with my cousin and we had tacos. She had the traditional "meat" taco and I went for the yam taco. Ohhhhh this was so yummy, the crispy coating with the soft yam was such a great combination. It is topped with a chipotle sauce, some people might think its a little spicy, but I loved it.

Other items I have enjoyed are the mango salad, chick'n sandwich, and the sweet potato fries with their ranch dip. All really good, so far I have never ordered anything I haven't liked.

Definitely not visiting again... - Edit

I came here with my mom on my birthday and neither of us enjoyed. she got the falafel wrap which was decent, but not something we'd order again. I had a burger which came with 2 carrot sticks as the side and was $8... most definitely not worth it, plus it tasted pretty dry and cheaply made. honestly, do not recommend

Pros: nice area

Cons: taste was no good :/

tasty vegan burgers! - Edit

so good, the whole menu is awesome and vegan

I'm a Regular Here! - Edit

I've been going here since they opened because the location is conveniently near my house where I don't have many full vegan eateries to choose from. The staff is super friendly as is Lynda, the owner. We used to go to the Breakfast Club event they used to do...that was amazing. Lynda started up the Vegan Faire that just had their second annual event in July.

My husband and I are at Healthy Junk at least once a week and I've brought many omnivore friends who also enjoy the food. It's great because it's affordable and it hits the spot...kind of like comfort food to me. My favorite things to eat include the Kale & Garlic Flatbread Pizza, Fish Tacos, Caesar Salad, Curly Yam Fries and Nachos. My husband loves all the burgers and he always tries the specials.

Pros: Delicious & All Vegan, Good Variety on Menu, Excellent Staff

Cons: Needs better presentation on some items

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Healthy Junk closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12046 times.